hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Children playing outside
    Funny you say that. I saw a bunch of laddies play football at the 5 a side pitch on Montgomery Street. Rare site, those wee pitches are hardly ever used.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Funny you say that. I saw a bunch of laddies play football at the 5 a side pitch on Montgomery Street. Rare site, those wee pitches are hardly ever used.
    I saw a wee laddie in my street using the front bumper of his dads motor as a place to keep his football yesterday when he was shouted in for his tea. Not seen that in years, used to drive my old man mental having to check for footballs before he started driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    As far as I know children do not now go and knock on a friend's door in a street to see if they are coming out to play. I dont think they have "street friends" anymore. Never see kids playing in our street. Kids don't know who else stays in our street. Mental how that has changed.

@hibs.net private member
    I was outside non stop playing football when I was wee but if I had grand theft auto, Call of duty and FIFA and I could play against my mates and talk to them on headsets, I'd probably be addicted to that like the young ones are.

I think football training is more organised now lots of kids have training 4 nights a week between club and school and two games on Saturday and Sunday. Probably accounts for some kids not playing in the park. The biggest change for the good in this area is the thousands of girls in Edinburgh doing the same. It's brilliant to see so many girls games on at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    I was outside non stop playing football when I was wee but if I had grand theft auto, Call of duty and FIFA and I could play against my mates and talk to them on headsets, I'd probably be addicted to that like the young ones are.

I think football training is more organised now lots of kids have training 4 nights a week between club and school and two games on Saturday and Sunday. Probably accounts for some kids not playing in the park. The biggest change for the good in this area is the thousands of girls in Edinburgh doing the same. It's brilliant to see so many girls games on at the weekend.
    I did have all of that, maybe not quite so high tech and advanced but I had PlayStation plus and a headset and Ultimate Team and all that *****. I was still out playing football with my pals for hours on end though! Do parents just not get sick of the sight of their bairns anymore?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    I did have all of that, maybe not quite so high tech and advanced but I had PlayStation plus and a headset and Ultimate Team and all that *****. I was still out playing football with my pals for hours on end though! Do parents just not get sick of the sight of their bairns anymore?

Aye but your an individual a number of your peers would be playing these games after school they sold by the million. I saw a graph that showed the screen time of primary school kids from the 60s until now, it's pretty much a straight line increase year on year. 60s bairns had a couple of channels and a few shows so obviously they went out. Then computers came, tvs in bedrooms with kids dedicated channels, consoles, pads and then phones with tiktok ect.

It's sad but it's not just kids go to a restaurant or pub in the 60s and everyone is talking, now loads of couples and even groups of lads are glued to their phones. Most people when at home probably have a TV on and phones getting watched at the same time. The whole world is glued to their phone

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    2 out of 3 ain't bad.
    Just like to say that this didn’t get the recognition it deserved. 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Just like to say that this didn’t get the recognition it deserved. 😂😂😂
    I’d like to think the vast majority spotted that was why I referenced being a meat loaf fan, as opposed to randomly just mentioning meat loaf 😉

I was glad CWG commented acknowledging the connection all the same 😁

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I’d like to think the vast majority spotted that was why I referenced being a meat loaf fan, as opposed to randomly just mentioning meat loaf 😉

1 out of 2 ain't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    1 out of 2 ain't bad.
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post

Set up beautifully and finished exquisitely.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Set up beautifully and finished exquisitely.
    👍😁

Alas, something we don’t hear much around this forum these days

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Goalkeepers wearing caps in sunny weather.

Long sleeve goalie tops.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Good music on normal radio?

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    A pour-oot at a wedding.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member
    Segs for shoes

Guiders made from wood and old pram wheels

White dog poop (thats not poop from a white dog) white poop from any colour of dog
    Last edited by Bridge hibs; 09-04-2024 at 08:32 PM.

When was the last time a referee awarded an indirect free kick in the box? Not seen one for ages.

Kind of linked, when was the last time a referee penalised a goalkeeper for holding the ball longer than 6 seconds? Fans need to start counting again as it is getting ridiculous, keepers hold the ball for 30-40 seconds now and the ref does nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    When was the last time a referee awarded an indirect free kick in the box? Not seen one for ages.

Kind of linked, when was the last time a referee penalised a goalkeeper for holding the ball longer than 6 seconds? Fans need to start counting again as it is getting ridiculous, keepers hold the ball for 30-40 seconds now and the ref does nothing about it.

I would add to this, the amount of warnings they get from refs during that period of time. The ref jogs back up the pitch, usually to somewhere around halfway, there’s 3-4 seconds. Then the ref will turn, and look at the keeper. After a few more seconds, they’ll blow the whistle, then another several seconds they’ll wave to keeper to get things moving. Then as the crowd inevitably starts to get vocal, they’ll wave again. And then again.

Same thing happens with goal kicks when a team is trying to waste time. Keeper goes to the ball. Then a centre half will stroll over and the keeper moves away. The player will make a show of looking up the pitch, and then they’ll jog away and the keeper will come back in to play a 3 yard pass to them. Both situations are a nonsense, I think I saw the other day that FIFA are tweaking the rules around the 6 second thing as keepers are definitely taking the piss at times.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Those nasal strips footballers used to wear.

Hearts lifting the League Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post

Enhanced by the new favourite trick - keeper catches easy ball and makes a dramatic flop onto the turf so he can hang onto it a bit longer. They should be booked for simulation, that would put a stop to it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Enhanced by the new favourite trick - keeper catches easy ball and makes a dramatic flop onto the turf so he can hang onto it a bit longer. They should be booked for simulation, that would put a stop to it.
    The ref actually enforcing the rules would put a stop to it. 6 seconds from when they have control of the ball to release it from their hands, if they don't it's an indirect free kick to the other team and a booking to the keeper.

Refs just do nothing about it at all other that waving the keeper on as McD says.

I had a wee look at the IFAB trial that is going to start and supposedly it's because they feel like an indirect free kick in the box is too much of a punishment, which I do sort of understand. So they are going to trial awarding a throw in to the other team in line with the penalty spot or a corner kick if the keeper holds the ball for more than 8 seconds. Hopefully it works.

@hibs.net private member
    Goalies picking the ball up from a passback and taking a week to re-distribute it

@hibs.net private member
    Puma Kings football boots, best boot ever