hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bear in mind McGinn called them out after another shocker when we were denied a stonewall penalty in that final against Hampden. This goes further back than that!
    I think at that point we were being refereed to a different standard than 2 teams, since then.i think it's fair to say that we've been refereed to a different standard than whatever 11 other teams were/are in the league.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    I think at that point we were being refereed to a different standard than 2 teams, since then.i think it's fair to say that we've been refereed to a different standard than whatever 11 other teams were/are in the league.
    Good point.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Didn’t see the cup game but a few normally sensible Hibs fans I spoke to suggested Hibs should have walked off ?

Not hopeful for Saturday

Will be interesting if we can get the first goal preferably one that is allowed to stand
    Yep every decision to Rangers that night genuinely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Yup, other than refs making mistakes, which happens in every game in every league.

I don’t believe for a second that there are refs who set out to punish Hibs.
    There is no doubt in my mind refs chose not to give Hibs decisions. Surely the evidence of last month ir so is evidence. The Celtic game was evidence enough of different standards at play as was the cup game same tackles yellow Hibs not yellow Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    So that's not poor refereeing then , That's downright corruption ?
    Yes it is

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind refs chose not to give Hibs decisions. Surely the evidence of last month ir so is evidence. The Celtic game was evidence enough of different standards at play as was the cup game same tackles yellow Hibs not yellow Rangers.
    Why don't they do that to us in every game and ensure we get relegated?!

It's not evidence at all, not even close. We can all list loads of decisions that went against us, but it's the same for every team.

Why don't they do that to us in every game and ensure we get relegated?!

It's not evidence at all, not even close. We can all list loads of decisions that went against us, but it's the same for every team.
    Because some are worse than others? Do you genuinely think all teams are treated the same in the Scottish league? Refereeing has always been run in the West there was only one Edinburgh ref in the first century of the Scottish cup final. Yes I do think Hibs get the wrong end of the stick. This season has been absolutely ridiculous and shouldn't be able to be brushed off as the refs make bad decisions. They make far more bad decisions against us than for. The fact I cannot genuinely think of a meaningful decision we have got all season kind of sums it up. Refs by and large are petrified of making decisions against the big two. Some refs are worse than others and most refs take the easy way out. For years we haven't got decisions from Clancy for example. Have you been watching the recent games ?

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    After his smirking at the Rangers pen at Hampden, he should be no where near officiating at a Rangers game. Definitely up against it on Saturday 😡
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Because some are worse than others? Do you genuinely think all teams are treated the same in the Scottish league? Refereeing has always been run in the West there was only one Edinburgh ref in the first century of the Scottish cup final. Yes I do think Hibs get the wrong end of the stick. This season has been absolutely ridiculous and shouldn't be able to be brushed off as the refs make bad decisions. They make far more bad decisions against us than for. The fact I cannot genuinely think of a meaningful decision we have got all season kind of sums it up. Refs by and large are petrified of making decisions against the big two. Some refs are worse than others and most refs take the easy way out. For years we haven't got decisions from Clancy for example. Have you been watching the recent games ?
    My view is that I tend to agree with this and I think there are decisions and stats that you can point to that at least support that opinion even if they don't go so far as to prove it outright.

Long standing members on here may remember a blog by Tomf about the statistical anomalies of Craig Thomson's handling of Hibs games in the wake of the 2012 final. It's relevant when discussing the attitude towards Hibs to point out that Hibs had made a case to take to the SFA to highlight the issues with that referee and to request a replacement - the SFA announced the referee as Hibs waited to go into to the meeting at Hampden and we all know what happened in that final.

I would love to see what controls are in place to protect the game from bias and corruption. This is a multi million pounds industry where a handful of people have the ability to influence the outcome of a game, whether that's for financial gain or just the chance to be trusted to keep getting the big games but avoiding the controversy of a big decision against the OF, or just for the chance to start out of the spotlight.

Football isn't immune to it, that doesn't mean it's happening but it's certainly not unthinkable.

Im not sure, I'm pretty positive there's an added layer of punish Hibs in there too.
    Ever since Paul McGinn called them out at Hampden we've had absolute shockers go against us and very few for. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this has been exacerbated any time Hibs have questioned it and they are using VAR in granular detail to help them.

There is no logical explanation for some of the stuff that has happened, or not happened. That's not just random mistakes that will even themselves out.
    What about the shockers in the game that took place right before PM spoke out?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    What about the shockers in the game that took place right before PM spoke out?

I agree totally, I had covered that in response to Matty picking up on exactly same point.

Not sure how to link it on Tapatalk but it's 2 posts after one you quoted.

I agree totally, I had covered that in response to Matty picking up on exactly same point.

Not sure how to link it on Tapatalk but it's 2 posts after one you quoted.

Why Hibs?

Why do refs have it in for us, and not say, Motherwell, or Dundee?

I really don't see what you see.

If they had it in for us, we'd always be bottom six and out the cups early (crap squad or manager aside!)

Expect Obita to be under massive pressure in this game. Any kind of foul and he'll be right in the book - their fans will be after him.

I'm expecting a few early bookings for us. Probably for first offences. Get our defenders walking a tightrope early doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    I'm expecting a few early bookings for us. Probably for first offences. Get our defenders walking a tightrope early doors.
    A few early bookings I'd say is definitely on the cards in this one possibly leading to a sending off or a penalty too . Leagues to tight for the ref to be upsetting the Hun hordes , Dickinson certainly won't !.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Why Hibs?

If they had it in for us, we'd always be bottom six and out the cups early (crap squad or manager aside!)
    We're only just in the top 6 by our fingertips with three games to play.

We got knocked out the league cup after a tight as you'll get offside call and a penalty claim ignored (though for balance, Aberdeen went down to ten men after the ref was left with no choice but to issue a second booking).

We got knocked out the Scottish Cup after having two men sent off and a penalty conceded to Rangers.

Testimonial Due FastEddieFelson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Doesn’t matter who it is.

In the cup game against them a couple of weeks ago, there was fair argument to be had as to why the big decisions went the way they did (their way obviously). But I’ve never seen such an obvious example of two teams on the same pitch being refereed so differently. Right from the start, the way McLean was with the players, the way he gestured to Boyle to get up when he went down in the build up to the first goal, to the way he pretty much ignored Boyle when he was lying unconscious.

Came away from that game wondering what the point is. Will probably come away thinking similar on Saturday.
    Another thing McLean did that I've not seen pointed out anywhere was stop the match to retrieve a missile thrown from the Famous Five and run over to the tunnel to hand it in. Nothing wrong with that in itself obviously, but just moments before there were several objects thrown at Joe Newell when he was on the ground in the box by the South Stand.

I know this was in the aftermath of the sh*tshow at tynecastle, but to highlight missiles from one end but not the other was one of many examples of how he treated the two teams differently that night.
    Last edited by FastEddieFelson; 27-03-2024 at 02:26 PM.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Been racking my brains but the only time I can recall getting a decision against Rangers / The Rangers in almost 60 years of watching Hibs was when Stephen McLean gave an obvious The Rangers free-kick to Hibs deep into stoppage time on 21-05-2016 inside their own half

Have to admit I always thought he was fair up until the recent cup tie

Call me paranoid

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Been racking my brains but the only time I can recall getting a decision against Rangers / The Rangers in almost 60 years of watching Hibs was when Stephen McLean gave an obvious The Rangers free-kick to Hibs deep into stoppage time on 21-05-2016 inside their own half

Have to admit I always thought he was fair up until the recent cup tie

Call me paranoid
    They had a red card overturned on appeal for Lundstrum last season in the 2-2 game. I highly doubt we'd have had that red card overturned on appeal however, given he made zero attempt to play the ball and caught boyle late, high and from behind

Quote Originally Posted by Partyraiser View Post
    They had a red card overturned on appeal for Lundstrum last season in the 2-2 game. I highly doubt we'd have had that red card overturned on appeal however, given he made zero attempt to play the ball and caught boyle late, high and from behind
    Yip was cynical and deliberate - reduced to yellow on appeal - they also had Freddo sent off for being a fouling wee d#ck when he came on for repeated offences - culminating in a forearm smash to Cabraja

Referee was Willie Gollum
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 27-03-2024 at 03:25 PM.

We once got a debatable penalty at the home of a club known as Rangers:

Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post

Defo pen miles inside the box 😂

My view is that I tend to agree with this and I think there are decisions and stats that you can point to that at least support that opinion even if they don't go so far as to prove it outright.

Long standing members on here may remember a blog by Tomf about the statistical anomalies of Craig Thomson's handling of Hibs games in the wake of the 2012 final. It's relevant when discussing the attitude towards Hibs to point out that Hibs had made a case to take to the SFA to highlight the issues with that referee and to request a replacement - the SFA announced the referee as Hibs waited to go into to the meeting at Hampden and we all know what happened in that final.

I would love to see what controls are in place to protect the game from bias and corruption. This is a multi million pounds industry where a handful of people have the ability to influence the outcome of a game, whether that's for financial gain or just the chance to be trusted to keep getting the big games but avoiding the controversy of a big decision against the OF, or just for the chance to start out of the spotlight.

Football isn't immune to it, that doesn't mean it's happening but it's certainly not unthinkable.
    The old Rangers story the compliant succulent media showed in plain sight the corruption in the game as did the Jim Farry non disclosure resignation.

We're only just in the top 6 by our fingertips with three games to play.

We got knocked out the league cup after a tight as you'll get offside call and a penalty claim ignored (though for balance, Aberdeen went down to ten men after the ref was left with no choice but to issue a second booking).

We got knocked out the Scottish Cup after having two men sent off and a penalty conceded to Rangers.
    Yeah but apart from them.

Why Hibs?

No idea why Hibs all I go on is what I see us getting done over regularly by the same west of Scotland refs. You don't see us on the wrong end of decisions which have been off the scale since January. Do you watch games?

No idea why Hibs all I go on is what I see us getting done over regularly by the same west of Scotland refs. You don't see us on the wrong end of decisions which have been off the scale since January. Do you watch games?
    I think we've reached the end when we get to this level of chat. Cheers.

Ouch. Good point

Hes got a point.
    You pose the question’why Hibs?’ Why not Motherwell/why not another team’. Noone knows the answer to that, obviously, so the question isnt useful.
    But the evidence of our own eyes, in the case of 5 games in just 5 weeks over Jan and Feb, incredibly, shows something isnt right. If you watch the games it’s hard to come to any other conclusion. I think youre asking the wrong questions. You should be asking ‘how can this keep happening when theres no obvious explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post

That one sticks out.