Weekend officials

For our trip to Ibrox:

Referee: David Dickinson
    AR1: David McGeachie
    AR2: Ross Macleod
    Fourth Official: Colin Steven

VAR: Andrew Dallas
    AVAR: David Roome

Dickinson appears to have reffed us twice this season, both were games against killie (monty's first game in charge and a 1-0 win for us)

His last game was killie vs Rangers where the latter got their customary pen...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    David Dickinson - the well known Rangers supporter who was smiling at Clement after they scored during their final v Aberdeen. Supported by Andrew Dallas on VAR.

I was considering going but may have to change my mind on that…

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    David Dickinson - the well known Rangers supporter who was smiling at Clement after they scored during their final v Aberdeen. Supported by Andrew Dallas on VAR.

There's no way anyone's getting anything in their favour against Rangers or Celtic now. The league is too tight for the referees to contemplate a decision that would potentially cost either team the title.

Any decision that's up to 70/30 against either will still go their way, especially in their home games.

It's simply not worth the grief they'll get now - they'll take the path of least resistance with each decision.

Expect a penalty conceded and/or several bookings for Hibs with l possible red cards in there as well.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Heaven help us with their ****my fans, biased officials and toxic media, we really need to on our toes on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    There's no way anyone's getting anything in their favour against Rangers or Celtic now. The league is too tight for the referees to contemplate a decision that would potentially cost either team the title.

Any decision that's up to 70/30 against either will still go their way, especially in their home games.

It's simply not worth the grief they'll get now - they'll take the path of least resistance with each decision.

Expect a penalty conceded and/or several bookings for Hibs with l possible red cards in there as well.
    As depressing as it is, this is so true. Really makes you wonder what the point is?! Kudos to all those making the journey but we all know what's coming

@hibs.net private member
    I agree what's the point there all corrupt, what we need is all the other clubs to stick together and break away from the uglies. We would have a competitive league without them sadly its just a pipedream.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Nail on the head.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post

Think it was the Hearts semi final where he beamed as if he had a teenage crush on him.

This is undoubtedly true.

To be honest it's not just here it happens.

If you read as much about football around the world as I have it soon becomes clear that favouritism and bias towards the biggest clubs is endemic practically everywhere.

Doesn’t matter who it is.

In the cup game against them a couple of weeks ago, there was fair argument to be had as to why the big decisions went the way they did (their way obviously). But I’ve never seen such an obvious example of two teams on the same pitch being refereed so differently. Right from the start, the way McLean was with the players, the way he gestured to Boyle to get up when he went down in the build up to the first goal, to the way he pretty much ignored Boyle when he was lying unconscious.

Came away from that game wondering what the point is. Will probably come away thinking similar on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

Well at least you’ve covered all bases so you can say you said so if any of this happens!!

You gotta wonder why anyone at the club thinks it’s worthwhile playing the game though. Maybe we should just not show up and forfeit the points to make a point?

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Well at least you’ve covered all bases so you can say you said so if any of this happens!!

You gotta wonder why anyone at the club thinks it’s worthwhile playing the game though. Maybe we should just not show up and forfeit the points to make a point?
    Are you suggesting there isn't an issue?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Didn’t see the cup game but a few normally sensible Hibs fans I spoke to suggested Hibs should have walked off ?

Not hopeful for Saturday

Will be interesting if we can get the first goal preferably one that is allowed to stand

Doesn't really matter - all the same .

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Are you suggesting there isn't an issue?
    Yup, other than refs making mistakes, which happens in every game in every league.

I don’t believe for a second that there are refs who set out to punish Hibs.

Yup, other than refs making mistakes, which happens in every game in every league.

I think the issue is that the "mistakes" only ever happen against us. When's the last time a "mistake" went in our favour?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Think it was the Hearts semi final where he beamed as if he had a teenage crush on him.
    These guys grow up dreaming of playing for the Huns, you can't blame a guy for smiling when he realises his dream. 😁

Motherwell conceded a penalty at ibrox recently and still won

Neither do I to be fair.

My point is more that the biggest two clubs get far less "mistakes" against them than the rest of us.

But do you think we’ll be refereed equally against Rangers on Saturday?

If roles have been reversed the last time would it have been a penalty for Hibs and two red cards for Rangers for the same offences?

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    But do you think we’ll be refereed equally against Rangers on Saturday?

If roles have been reversed the last time would it have been a penalty for Hibs and two red cards for Rangers for the same offences?
    Ask me after the game

I never look to see who the ref is before any of our games, It's just not something that's ever crossed my mind.

I'd imagine that no matter who was named as ref this weekend, this thread would be the same.

First Team Breakthrough Fratelli's Avatar

💯 Matty.

For Hibs to get anything from Saturday, we have to play the almost perfect game - take our chances, no tackles (fair or otherwise) inside or just outside the box and be absolutely whiter than white when it comes to grabbing players/jerseys in the area.

It’s unreasonable and unfair to have to play this way but sadly our officials will penalise anything they can to assist The Rangers.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

So that's not poor refereeing then , That's downright corruption ?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I didn't say anything about punishing Hibs.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    Motherwell conceded a penalty at ibrox recently and still won
    Yeah, I'm not saying we can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Doesn’t matter who it is.

In the cup game against them a couple of weeks ago, there was fair argument to be had as to why the big decisions went the way they did (their way obviously). But I’ve never seen such an obvious example of two teams on the same pitch being refereed so differently. Right from the start, the way McLean was with the players, the way he gestured to Boyle to get up when he went down in the build up to the first goal, to the way he pretty much ignored Boyle when he was lying unconscious.

Came away from that game wondering what the point is. Will probably come away thinking similar on Saturday.
    I’ve seen worse refereeing performances, and ive even seen performances that changed a game even more egregiously. But ive never been at a game where it was more apparent that each team was being reffed to a different standard than that Rangers cup game. McLean was giving us nothing from the first minute to the point where the result was no longer in any doubt. And he did it with an enthusiasm that was nauseating.

I didn't say anything about punishing Hibs.
    "expect a penalty conceded and/or several bookings for Hibs with l possible red cards in there as well."

Sounds like punishment to me!!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"expect a penalty conceded and/or several bookings for Hibs with l possible red cards in there as well."

Sounds like punishment to me!!
    I suppose it does, the point I was making was that they'll favour Rangers more than it being about punishing Hibs. There's a difference with the intent.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    I suppose it does, the point I was making was that they'll favour Rangers more than it being about punishing Hibs. There's a difference with the intent.
    Im not sure, I'm pretty positive there's an added layer of punish Hibs in there too.
    Ever since Paul McGinn called them out at Hampden we've had absolute shockers go against us and very few for. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this has been exacerbated any time Hibs have questioned it and they are using VAR in granular detail to help them.

There is no logical explanation for some of the stuff that has happened, or not happened. That's not just random mistakes that will even themselves out.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    Im not sure, I'm pretty positive there's an added layer of punish Hibs in there too.
    Ever since Paul McGinn called them out at Hampden we've had absolute shockers go against us and very few for. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this has been exacerbated any time Hibs have questioned it and they are using VAR in granular detail to help them.

There is no logical explanation for some of the stuff that has happened, or not happened. That's not just random mistakes that will even themselves out.
    Bear in mind McGinn called them out after another shocker when we were denied a stonewall penalty in that final against Hampden. This goes further back than that!