hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was a smattering of Hearts fans at the away end and they were acknowledged by one of the speakers and applauded.

I don't think as many Hearts fans were against the takeover as sometimes gets claimed. Plenty would have been OK with us disappearing.
    Pat referenced the Hearts fans. Can remember seeing a few decent fans from other teams a couple of guys in Airdrie tops come to mind.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    OK cheers, never heard about that.
    im questioning now whether it was Gunni Torfasson? It was one or the other. Yes a bit random but still welcome support when the authorities sat on their hands and said next to nothing - seeing to await the result before commenting iirc.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I was there. Beautiful sunny day. Very emotional but a vibe that was positive and determined. The FTB was never going to be allowed to win. It’s a myth that Hearts fans were against the take over. Most were either not bothered or enthusiastic in my experience at the time.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    I was there. Beautiful sunny day. Very emotional but a vibe that was positive and determined. The FTB was never going to be allowed to win. It’s a myth that Hearts fans were against the take over. Most were either not bothered or enthusiastic in my experience at the time.
    I suppose it depended on the hearts fans you knew at the time. I knew a few and none were for FTB succeeding and there were plenty there on the day to show their support. As mentioned above, Pat Stanton was quick to acknowledge the number of hearts fans present in the day. Not a myth for me

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    I suppose it depended on the hearts fans you knew at the time. I knew a few and none were for FTB succeeding and there were plenty there on the day to show their support. As mentioned above, Pat Stanton was quick to acknowledge the number of hearts fans present in the day. Not a myth for me
    There were a few dozen there on the day out of 400,000. I read some Hawrts fans, on the wind up, claiming thousands were in the Dunbar End.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    There were a few dozen there on the day out of 400,000. I read some Hawrts fans, on the wind up, claiming thousands were in the Dunbar End.

Yep. Forgot there are 400,000 of them

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

Yep. Forgot there are 400,000 of them 👍

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    Very few hearts fans there that day despite them rewriting history nowadays. Remember a few Partick fans being there but not mush else. My memories from back then at work etc...jambos were loving it and many wanted us to die. Went on pre-season to Magdeburg just after the takeover failed..quite the celebration 😜.
    That’s my memories of the day too.

Magdeburg was…..different. 😎

@hibs.net private member vincipernoi's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: eh? Wii Code: eh?
    I was in the east terracing

- If I remember it was one that that was near full, the others were more patchy, don't remember seeing any hearts fans - there's a couple of wee boys with knitted hearts pullovers shown in the video

I could make myself out in a photo of the crowd in the scotsman

there is quite a lot of video footage of the rally (Joe Baker, proclaimers Pat Stanton etc) on a video the club brought out in I think 1991 to celebrate winning the skol cup

I should still have my copy somewhere

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    I put a big hands off hibs sticker on Wallace Mercers car when I worked in Roseburn.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    I put a big hands off hibs sticker on Wallace Mercers car when I worked in Roseburn.
    My old man told him to **** off when he appeared in a fishing tackle shop in Portobello looking for advice on what was needed for a trip he was invited on.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 25-03-2024 at 06:48 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    XX1 number plate
    He had jolly good joke
    It meant double cross everyone

Quote Originally Posted by vincipernoi View Post
    I was in the east terracing

- If I remember it was one that that was near full, the others were more patchy, don't remember seeing any hearts fans - there's a couple of wee boys with knitted hearts pullovers shown in the video

I could make myself out in a photo of the crowd in the scotsman

there is quite a lot of video footage of the rally (Joe Baker, proclaimers Pat Stanton etc) on a video the club brought out in I think 1991 to celebrate winning the skol cup

I should still have my copy somewhere
    https://youtu.be/6Ya4EqVYM1s?feature=shared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    There weren't plenty on the day imo at max a hundred probably less. My experience was at work the real Hearts supporter who ran a bus and went to all Scotland games was totally against it and apologised. Some of the others not so much.