hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: England shirts

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://twitter.com/Joey7Barton/stat...CZHjP6msg&s=19

Those famous communists

****Checks notes****"

US sportswear giants Nike with their $45bn annual revenue.
    "Woke" and "communist" have lost all meaning. Just a bunch of letters in a particular order that triggers off rage among morons. A cash cow for wind-up merchants though. Sad the level of debate among some in England.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Maybe just me but I'd not have been overly enthused if Adidas had decided to chuck a Scotland flag on the strip and half the cross were shades of red. But maybe it's cause I'm a middle aged white guy.

Feel like the explanation of colours is about as legit as the claim that the weird sloping line on the Hibs strip a few years back were representing the old Easter road slope.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/Joey7Barton/stat...CZHjP6msg&s=19

Those famous communists

****Checks notes****"

US sportswear giants Nike with their $45bn annual revenue.
    Cut to David Steel type Spitting Image puppet version of Joey Barton jumping up and down saying this is my chance, look at me look at me.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Rude View Post
    Maybe just me but I'd not have been overly enthused if Adidas had decided to chuck a Scotland flag on the strip and half the cross were shades of red. But maybe it's cause I'm a middle aged white guy.

Feel like the explanation of colours is about as legit as the claim that the weird sloping line on the Hibs strip a few years back were representing the old Easter road slope.
    The back of the new Scotland away kit has a purple saltire with a weird line design and sky blue cross. I can't recall anyone either noticing or caring.

The current Brazil away kit also has stylised version of their flag on it in alternative colours as well. I'm not aware of any huge uproar and calls for boycotts in Brazil.

It's obviously just a fad for kit designers right now. Nike probably didn't realise a minority of the English population has completely lost any sense of perspective in the last 5 years.

An England flag is a red cross on a white background so this does look strange regardless of whether trendy designers have decided that strange is going to be the in thing.

But I can't understand how anyone could get that worked up about it. If they did the Saltire in those colours I'd shake my head and get on with my life, not rant on social media or wherever.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Im finding the whole thing hilarious. Think I’ll buy one.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Aware what it means, but it’s 2024. It’s just a bit baffling imo that a flag in that colour makes people so angry.
    It really has pissed Joey Barton of, so all good on that side.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Joey Barton has went off on one about it being similar to the bisexual pride flag and bald, red Twitter has gone mad.
    He has to drum up support somehow for his go fund me page.

Seen pictures on Twitter of Barton promoting the rainbow laces and joking about his long locks of hair and that the laces were good for tying back his hair, guy is going to lose a lot of money with the amount of folk suing him and he thinks that Musk will meet the costs.
    Last edited by silverhibee; 22-03-2024 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Nevermind so called woke crosses (looks absolutely fine to me) the real debate should be the cost. Someone saying £120 for a kids size? WTF.
    Seriously that's obscene and Sir Kier and the likes should be shouting that down instead of trying to be even more right wing than the last politician to talk about it.
    It's £64 for the kids shirt and £84 for the adult one. Still crazy prices but was the Scotland anniversary kit not about the same price?

Are flags on kits not quite a recent thing? No need for them IMO but the fuss seems overblown. The kit itself looks quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    What this shows is Nike designers completely out of touch with their core customer base. Absolutely hilarious although I’d have preferred a white St Andrew’s Cross on a blue background.
    Out of touch with jingo nonsense. Probably. Nobody cares about this **** until told to care about it by other total fannies.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Im English as most probably know. I couldnt give a toss. Talk about a mountain out of a mole hill. Think the "home" shirt is pretty plain and decent, the way i like my football shirts. Would prefer the second strip to be red but hardly losing any sleep over it.

@hibs.net private member
    There's not a lot of things make me happier than angry gammons getting all angry gammony about trivial stuff like this, hilarious
    Politicians jumping on it shows you the votes they're trying to win, votes from morons, populist *****.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    A lot of fuss down South. Personally I think it’s a nice touch to use the colours of the Scottish Rugby team on their redesigned flag. Nice one chaps!
    All this adoration for St George is a bit progressive given he was a Turkish saint. His mum Palestinian. The flag in question was originally from the Republic of Genoa, Italy. He never set foot in England so it’s cool a chap from abroad is so revered.

The English are calculated, cool and very clever people who know exactly the buttons to press when any of their institutions are challenged, identities compromised or their interests threatened.

There control of the agenda is absolute and their political leaders as expected have fallen full square behind this particular piece of nonsense as they were duty bound to do with their general election on the horizon.
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 23-03-2024 at 06:03 AM.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Im finding the whole thing hilarious. Think I’ll buy one.
    I hope you crowd fund....

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Rude View Post

Yep poorly received and marketed design feature, I'd add Hibs own Nike moment with the all green top marketed as linked to the famous five in 2014, essentially an off the shelf nike park VII kit as no suitable sleeved template existed, Hearts with far slicker marketing and a wee badge change used a 100 years since macraes battalion to hide their template strip from adidas.
    Although a crap strip template was the least of our worries then

@hibs.net private member
    All this adoration for St George is a bit progressive given he was a Turkish saint. His mum Palestinian. The flag in question was originally from the Republic of Genoa, Italy. He never set foot in England so it’s cool a chap from abroad is so revered.
    Look online and you'll see St Andrew (first Apostle to Jesus) wasn't very Scottish.

They are both symbols adopted by Monarchs, if I recall correctly, so it's all pretty irrelevant anyway.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    St George was a made up, wannabe Saint.

St Andrew was the real deal

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    St George was a made up, wannabe Saint.

St Andrew was the real deal
    Yep, a bit odd, to be a bit more authentic really should have gone for a Saint Baz, or Saint Nige, from Down the Pub.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Bit crazy that the anger is all directed at Nike when the FA would have signed off on it?!?

Have, no interest in what colour they make the cross on strips, the big question is why they dropped the 3 Leopards from the badge? They preferred the Lion that Scotland had and dropped their own crest, of course they had to have 3 as we just had one. What a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    Look online and you'll see St Andrew (first Apostle to Jesus) wasn't very Scottish.

They are both symbols adopted by Monarchs, if I recall correctly, so it's all pretty irrelevant anyway.
    Yes I agree - it’s just another example how folk can be brainwashed. Some of the England fans moaning actually believe St George was a geezer from ye olde Engerland riding about on his horse merrily slaying dragons. They also fail to realise they bend the knee to a king whose from a Bavarian family who only invented the name Windsor in 1917 after the population were asking awkward questions whilst seeing loved ones slaughtered by the Kaiser!

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    An England flag is a red cross on a white background so this does look strange regardless of whether trendy designers have decided that strange is going to be the in thing.

But I can't understand how anyone could get that worked up about it. If they did the Saltire in those colours I'd shake my head and get on with my life, not rant on social media or wherever.
    Gareth Southgate makes this exact point. If it’s not a Red Cross on a white background then it’s NOT a St George’s cross, merely some bit of design that he admits he isn’t artistic enough to get. (Or care about).

J

Yes I agree - it’s just another example how folk can be brainwashed. Some of the England fans moaning actually believe St George was a geezer from ye olde Engerland riding about on his horse merrily slaying dragons. They also fail to realise they bend the knee to a king whose from a Bavarian family who only invented the name Windsor in 1917 after the population were asking awkward questions whilst seeing loved ones slaughtered by the Kaiser!
    Also ignoring the fact that Dragons only exist in Westeros.

J

I don’t know what’s funnier, the small minority of loud voiced England fans taking this way too seriously or the small minority of Scots looking down on them whilst taking it far too seriously themselves. It’s joyous to watch.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Also ignoring the fact that Dragons only exist in Westeros.

J
    That’s not actual factual. Dragons are real, they just don’t fly or breathe fire.

Plenty found on Komodo in Indonesia.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    That’s not actual factual. Dragons are real, they just don’t fly or breathe fire.

Seen them with my own eyes in the Hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post

Not a dragon. Must have wings.

J

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I don’t know what’s funnier, the small minority of loud voiced England fans taking this way too seriously or the small minority of Scots looking down on them whilst taking it far too seriously themselves. It’s joyous to watch.
    Come come now. Looking down at a bunch of flag ****ging gammons losing their **** is great sport.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Come come now. Looking down at a bunch of flag ****ging gammons losing their **** is great sport.

J
    https://x.com/hannah1989__/status/17...rTUdl_gaA&s=08

Sir Matt Busby