hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: England shirts

England shirts

A lot of fuss down South. Personally I think it’s a nice touch to use the colours of the Scottish Rugby team on their redesigned flag. Nice one chaps!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of fuss down South. Personally I think it’s a nice touch to use the colours of the Scottish Rugby team on their redesigned flag. Nice one chaps!
    Politicians in flag debate, its almost as if there's an election coming up and they need to appeal to a certain audience

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    What this shows is Nike designers completely out of touch with their core customer base. Absolutely hilarious although I’d have preferred a white St Andrew’s Cross on a blue background.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Nevermind so called woke crosses (looks absolutely fine to me) the real debate should be the cost. Someone saying £120 for a kids size? WTF.
    Seriously that's obscene and Sir Kier and the likes should be shouting that down instead of trying to be even more right wing than the last politician to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Nevermind so called woke crosses (looks absolutely fine to me) the real debate should be the cost. Someone saying £120 for a kids size? WTF.
    Seriously that's obscene and Sir Kier and the likes should be shouting that down instead of trying to be even more right wing than the last politician to talk about it.
    Spot on.

England as a country just seems to have collectively lost it's mind over the past decade.

Absolutely no idea where their priorities should lie.
    Last edited by Smartie; 22-03-2024 at 04:01 PM.

As a totally neutral onlooker, I have to admit that I can see why people have criticised it.

IMHO, it just looks daft.

seriously.jpg

I'm with the other posters, though, that think the price is by far the worst thing about their new shirt.

I think it's a small amount of fuss whipped up into a lot by a load of bots online.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Is it not a bit of a hollow gesture given when push come to shove in Qatar, and supporting the same cause would have likely come with some form of punishment, the English FA buckled.

Absolutely stunning that this has become a national news topic provoking commentary from party leaders - a glaring example of everything wrong with this tribalistic, conservative hellhole. Flag ****ging weirdos man.

We’re experiencing one of the worst cost of living crises in generations, the globe is hotter than any period in human history, and we’re staring down the most significant period of geopolitical tension between nuclear superpowers since the Cold War… but, naw, let’s get all red faced over a meaningless, near imperceptibly small design detail on a football kit. I hate it here.

Also, though it pains me to say it, I think the new England away kit is a belter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Absolutely stunning that this has become a national news topic provoking commentary from party leaders - a glaring example of everything wrong with this tribalistic, conservative hellhole. Flag ****ging weirdos man.

We’re experiencing one of the worst cost of living crises in generations, the globe is hotter than any period in human history, and we’re staring down the most significant period of geopolitical tension between nuclear superpowers since the Cold War… but, naw, let’s get all red faced over a meaningless, near imperceptibly small design detail on a football kit. I hate it here.

Also, though it pains me to say it, I think the new England away kit is a belter.
    That's the funny thing - it absolutely is.

I can’t believe some people are offended as they are (or make out) by the colour of the flag on the back of a collar.

It’s not changing the main flag or anything, it’s an additional design piece on the back of a collar.

All a bit mental.

I get some don’t like certain things pushed or enforced on to them etc, but I just struggle to care (in terms of being offended) one way or the other about little design features such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I can’t believe some people are offended as they are (or make out) by the colour of the flag on the back of a collar.

It’s not changing the main flag or anything, it’s an additional design piece on the back of a collar.

All a bit mental.

I get some don’t like certain things pushed or enforced on to them etc, but I just struggle to care (in terms of being offended) one way or the other about little design features such as this.
    What does it represent? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post

The away kit looks like a Scotland Jersey. Maybe it's a homage to who taught them how to play the game😁
    What a fuss about nothing regarding the multi coloured cross on the neck. Probably something to do with inclusion. More important things in the World to think about

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    What does it represent? 🤔
    Aware what it means, but it’s 2024. It’s just a bit baffling imo that a flag in that colour makes people so angry.

There are loads of examples on Twitter of England kits in the past with differing colour schemes and designs for the St George cross.

Difference is there hadn't been a coordinated campaign for 5-10 years before those releases stirring up racism, xenophobia, homophobia, sexism and so on. People have been conditioned to hate anything a little bit different and it's not even something people feel the need to try and hide anymore.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    On the TV now

£125 a pop ?

Just aboot spat ma tea oot !

Edit:

£11.50 on Soccer03
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 23-03-2024 at 07:49 AM.

Aware what it means, but it’s 2024. It’s just a bit baffling imo that a flag in that colour makes people so angry.
    I'm not aware, that's why I asked, unless I've got the colours wrong.

The outpouring of anger from middle aged white men down south is off the scale. Those that phone into LBC radio today as literally about to burst a blood vessel.

Yet when it comes to the important thing in life like poverty, housing, climate control, education, jobs etc you don’t hear a peep.

Such a weird bunch.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Is it not a bit of a hollow gesture given when push come to shove in Qatar, and supporting the same cause would have likely come with some form of punishment, the English FA buckled.
    What cause is that? The design isn’t in support of any cause.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    On the TV now

£125 a pop ?

Just aboot spat ma tea oot !
    Morrisons own brand 2.99 for 4 rolls

It's only that price for the "real" top. It's cheaper, for want of a better word, for the replica. Same story as Scotland and Wales, but for some reason Sir Keir didn't object to those prices.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    What cause is that? The design isn’t in support of any cause.
    Is it not the rainbow flag? That’s what I assumed it was when I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I'm not aware, that's why I asked, unless I've got the colours wrong.
    Ah apologies, I thought it was a sarcastic comment.

A lot are thinking it’s the bisexual flag in an attempt to promote diversity and the LGBTQ community.

Think Nike are saying it’s a playful update to the flag and have took inspiration from the 1966 training kit.

No, it’s a nod towards the training tops worn by the 1966 squad apparently. I don’t get it either.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Joey Barton has went off on one about it being similar to the bisexual pride flag and bald, red Twitter has gone mad.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Think Nike are saying it’s a playful update to the flag and have took inspiration from the 1966 training kit.
    Imagine people not getting the reference, crazy! ☺️

They should have just released a retro Escape to Victory strip.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    The outpouring of anger from middle aged white men down south is off the scale. Those that phone into LBC radio today as literally about to burst a blood vessel.

Yet when it comes to the important thing in life like poverty, housing, climate control, education, jobs etc you don’t hear a peep.

Such a weird bunch.
    I listened to the Radio 5 phone in. Absolutely hilarious the conclusions that were drawn. The growth in racism under the Tories has been frightening and it seem Starmer wants a part of the pie

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    And the synthetic culture war gets ever more desperate and unhinged.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post

Such a weird bunch.
    Absolute dumbasses.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/Joey7Barton/stat...CZHjP6msg&s=19

Those famous communists

****Checks notes****"

US sportswear giants Nike with their $45bn annual revenue.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years