hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    First Team Regular
    Me and my mum renewed for another season!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pay at the gate for the first couple of games then get a ST on your birthday?
    Yea thought of that Danderhall but there's 3 of us go and didn't want to loose my seat beside them, however good news I took CockneyRebels advice and emailed the ticket office and got a reply within an hour of emailing them, I've now got an auld yins season ticket for £220 a refund of £175 on its way back to me as I txt. Thanks CockneyRebel if I ever meet you I owe you a pint

Sent from my SM-A146P using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Berry View Post
    I've signed up for another season as well. Landmark moment - my first OAP season ticket. Means it now costs me much less for several months of crushing disappointment.

Bring it on.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

I'm not saying I wouldn't have renewed but honestly expectation about the summer transfer window is probably my main spur for renewing. Still expecting crushing disappointment to follow...

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by h185forever View Post
    any chance you could maintain you limit of 2 games and make them against the cardigan brigade ?
    I'll see what I can do

It would be stretch to remember the last time I seen us lose a league game...

Edit: 27th October 2021! I walked out after half an hour when we were 3-0 down.
    Last edited by danhibees1875; 28-03-2024 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I'm not saying I wouldn't have renewed but honestly expectation about the summer transfer window is probably my main spur for renewing. Still expecting crushing disappointment to follow...
    I'm exactly the same. I wouldn't have renewed otherwise. I fear my ST days are on borrowed time now. I hope the new era changes my outlook.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar

Wouldn't know what to do with my happy-go-lucky, box full of chocolates, bed of roses kind of life if it wasn't balanced by the old Hibs Crushing Disappointment.....

Quote Originally Posted by martin1959 View Post
    Yea thought of that Danderhall but there's 3 of us go and didn't want to loose my seat beside them, however good news I took CockneyRebels advice and emailed the ticket office and got a reply within an hour of emailing them, I've now got an auld yins season ticket for £220 a refund of £175 on its way back to me as I txt. Thanks CockneyRebel if I ever meet you I owe you a pint

Well played. Best result of the season - for you!!

I was in the same boat as you last season. 65 in early Sept 2023. Past the cut off date and never thought for a minute of contacting ticket office to ask for reduction. If you don’t ask, you don’t get I suppose.

Never mind. I’m on a Senior ST for next season for the first time, so not all bad…….apart from the continuing and no doubt ongoing “crushing disappointments” to come in my advanced years!

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Our 4 in the East renewed.

First Team Breakthrough
    I think after the shambles (on the football side) at hibs during the past 3 or 4 seasons people's patience is wearing thin. The team should be doing better than it is. Signs of improvement, which hopefully continues.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Is there an argument to be made that given that a lot of OAPs have more disposal income than younger generations these days that that same level of pricing should be available to under 30s?

Probably a non starter as it might cost the club a fair bit, but just a thought.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Is there an argument to be made that given that a lot of OAPs have more disposal income than younger generations these days that that same level of pricing should be available to under 30s?

Probably a non starter as it might cost the club a fair bit, but just a thought.
    I think that the OAP reduction is also seen as a "Thank you" reward for years of suffering us oldies have had to endure!

Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    I think that the OAP reduction is also seen as a "Thank you" reward for years of suffering us oldies have had to endure!
    Agree. Anyone with 30+ years suffrage should see the price come down as recompense for emotional distress. You youngsters can pick up the tab.

@hibs.net private member
    Am I imagining it but did hibs not have an unemployment gate at some point in the 80s where you showed your dole card and got discount ?

@hibs.net private member
    Finally got around to renewing at the ticket office on Tuesday. Being an auld codger, I opted for the plastic card for the extra fiver. Even got my photo taken with Sunshine (the Leith lynx) outside the west stand. Still a big kid at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    Doesn’t get easier after another 13 years! Trying to renew at age 81 is not easy as faith dwindles & the website has changed again!

Quote Originally Posted by Houston7 View Post
    Doesn’t get easier after another 13 years! Trying to renew at age 81 is not easy as faith dwindles & the website has changed again!
    Sorry was replying to Linlithgowhibbie, who is only a boy 👦 of 68!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Houston7 View Post
    Sorry was replying to Linlithgowhibbie, who is only a boy 👦 of 68!
    At 59 I'm feeling like I'm the youth policy here...

First Team Breakthrough
    At 59 I'm feeling like I'm the youth policy here...
    Done me and the boys.This what I have always done .As long as I as can watch Hibs I will support them ever more.

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    4 renewed today 😊

With seat release today, when do they go back on sale following the 5pm cutoff?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Renewed my couple. Delighted to do so.

Has everyone being displaced in the famous five lower already had the opportunity to move their seats elsewhere or will these sections still show many that have renewed ST's but may still want to move seats out of there.

Just will be interested to see initial numbers in those areas after the seat release.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Am I imagining it but did hibs not have an unemployment gate at some point in the 80s where you showed your dole card and got discount ?
    Yes there was a discount in the 80s for UB40 card holders.

@hibs.net private member
    Renewed with the hope of a better season ahead! I’ll be there irrespective of results/performances, the older I get the more I appreciate the day out and time with friends. A win is a bonus!

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    The 'incompetency' of the refs in Scotland made me consider chucking it.

However, the wee man and I have both renewed as i'd/we'd miss the quality time together, otherwise I'd hardly see or get a chance to speak to him!

Totally agree the social side of it is just as important to me always try and meet up with the same crowd every home game for a beer or two before the game been doing this for about 20 years or so like a lot of people I’ve renewed as always it’s in the blood and also very optimistic and excited about new upcoming season with Mr Foleys investment in the team

I took my son to his 1st game when he was 15 months old it was Gordon Hunters testimonial I then got him his 1st season ticket when he was 2 years old he's now 29 in May and apart from 2 season when he played football on a Saturday he's always had a season ticket and still goes with me, so it's definitely good quality time I spend with him. If you've got kids try and encourage them to go and get a season ticket, hibs kids etc because it gets better as they get older,,,,maybe not the football wise but definitely socially

Is the payment plan option still available for renewals? Or has the deadline for that already passed? All feels very early this year

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    With seat release today, when do they go back on sale following the 5pm cutoff?
    Just giving this a bump as I was wondering the same thing? Didn't have one last season due to lots of travel, but getting one this season.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Yes there was a discount in the 80s for UB40 card holders.
    Ah thought so, cheers mate 👍