hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar

Leith Lights- New Hibs Blog

Hi guys, I've recently created a new Hibs blog name Leith Lights.

The reason for the blog is to put thoughts and opinions down from myself as I've spent years writing about combat sports, never getting the chance to write about the team I love. The other reason, a lot of people i speak to online are at Uni/trying to build a portfolio, i figured it would be a good place for people to fire in thoughts/build a portfolio with 0 obligation.

Here's the first post on the site(FYI, it was a very quick write up in order to have something published for the site going live, expect more detailed pieces in the coming days/weeks.)

https://leithlights.wordpress.com/20...-hibs-captain/

Articles will be regular but not daily, mostly opinion pieces, tactical analysis and transfer roundup types.

The site itself will be a bit raw until more posts come out, so apologies for that, but any input/suggestions totally welcome. If anyone ever wants to put their thoughts into longer form, it's open to anyone who wants to contribute. I'll edit and publish every post also.

I'll update this thread with articles/posts when they go live. GGTTH

Edit- theres a 'click for free recipe' link that's glitched from the template i used, it will be removed asap.
    Last edited by cameronw-hfc; 21-03-2024 at 10:37 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The reason for the blog is to put thoughts and opinions down from myself as I've spent years writing about combat sports, never getting the chance to write about the team I love. The other reason, a lot of people i speak to online are at Uni/trying to build a portfolio, i figured it would be a good place for people to fire in thoughts/build a portfolio with 0 obligation.

Here's the first post on the site(FYI, it was a very quick write up in order to have something published for the site going live, expect more detailed pieces in the coming days/weeks.)

Articles will be regular but not daily, mostly opinion pieces, tactical analysis and transfer roundup types.

The site itself will be a bit raw until more posts come out, so apologies for that, but any input/suggestions totally welcome. If anyone ever wants to put their thoughts into longer form, it's open to anyone who wants to contribute. I'll edit and publish every post also.

Edit- theres a 'click for free recipe' link that's glitched from the template i used, it will be removed asap.
    Good luck with the blog. I'm always looking for Hibs content so look forward to reading more articles.

Also I don't mind some new recipe ideas 😀

Good luck with it!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Look forward to reading it!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Here's the newest piece out today. Akki on twitter, known by some for his long threads and analysis on Hibs has put together a great piece for us detailing who he thinks we should look to sign this summer. Some expected shouts, some left field and some optimistic shouts to appease everyone .

Thoughts welcome!

https://leithlights.wordpress.com/2024/03/24/hibs-transfer-window-summer-2024-25-preview/

Has it been officially confirmed that Hanlon and Stevenson will be away at the end of the season? I must have missed that.

@hibs.net private member
    Just skimmed over it and will read it in full later, really liking your thoughts on potential signings 👍

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Has it been officially confirmed that Hanlon and Stevenson will be away at the end of the season? I must have missed that.
    Not sure if it's official but was reported a few weeks back neither would get a new deal.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Not sure if it's official but was reported a few weeks back neither would get a new deal.
    Someone really should have told the two players

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Someone really should have told the two players
    I've no idea if it's confirmed or not mate, just remember seeing someone reporting either both won't or one of them won't get a deal. Article is worded as an opinion piece anyway rather than news so not trying to insinuate they will be either, just seems to be the general opinion that both will be up.

Ok. Last I saw was about a month ago saying they were expected to leave so it does seem likely but I guess not yet a 100% certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Ok. Last I saw was about a month ago saying they were expected to leave so it does seem likely but I guess not yet a 100% certainty.
    Think that's the one I'm thinking of. Will be a sad day when/if they do go.

Think that's the one I'm thinking of. Will be a sad day when/if they do go.
    It's my opinion they will go as well but they haven't been told. A sad day indeed but it has to come at some point

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    It's my opinion they will go as well but they haven't been told. A sad day indeed but it has to come at some point
    I think Ian (Murray) is very keen on getting them both Scoopy.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Would make perfect sense for him to want both

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Hanlon has only just turned 34. If Hibs don't want him and he is fit then he will do a good job for either Dundee Utd, Dundee, Kilmarnock, St Mirren or Motherwell.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Minor comment on the article styling – having the image captions in exactly the same font as the main text means it takes longer to realise it's a caption rather than a continuation of the main text. Doesn't need to be radically different, just a smaller size, or italic, or grey instead of black.

@hibs.net private member
    I can't imagine us getting better back up than Hanlon so I would keep him for at least a year. Lewis can definitely still play a part and I would use him as a buffer to bring McIntyre through but also have experience in reserve. If we are talking about all those wonder signings on big money this will be a fairly cheap way of having experienced back up. I just had a look at Paton and he has been scoring at a very healthy rate and teh jump from League One to Championship hasn't been an issue. I've not been aware of him but those stats sound like he could be a signing in the same vein as Nisbet was and I would definitely take a look at him. He scored at the weekend so his stats are even better now. I'm surprised the article doesn't mention Fish as a loanee we want to keep or the several loanees we have away from the club at present as they will be important in terms of how the squad is formed next year.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Here's the newest piece out today. Akki on twitter, known by some for his long threads and analysis on Hibs has put together a great piece for us detailing who he thinks we should look to sign this summer. Some expected shouts, some left field and some optimistic shouts to appease everyone .

Thoughts welcome!

https://leithlights.wordpress.com/2024/03/24/hibs-transfer-window-summer-2024-25-preview/
    Enjoyed that well put together. We surely cannot pass at the chance of having a centre half called Ed Turns.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Well done and all the best with it. I shall certainly have a read.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Minor comment on the article styling – having the image captions in exactly the same font as the main text means it takes longer to realise it's a caption rather than a continuation of the main text. Doesn't need to be radically different, just a smaller size, or italic, or grey instead of black.

Cheers mate. Will make it smaller/italic for ease next time. Appreciate it!