hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Hearts signings - Pre Contracts

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/blair-spittal-latest-hearts-transfer-32412276

Dhanda, Penrice and Spital all signing for hearts.

All good signings for the league

2. Log in to remove the advert

Sadly true and i dare say cost them little as they do an OF and weaken the opposition

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    They’ll certainly have plenty depth, Spittal has had a very good season in a poor team. Not bothered about Penrice or Dhanda really.

Solid players, know the league etc. Hardly earth shattering or blowing the budget as Budge suggested earlier this week.

Excuse me if I think our ambitions are higher than 3 bottom six players.

@hibs.net private member
    Seriously jealous and worried… not 🤣

@hibs.net private member
    I'm not just saying this as it's them but I'd be devastated if they are the kind of player we're after this summer with our new investment and scouting. Halkett level signings just good enough to get you top 6 but that is it.

Moriah-Welsh is multiple levels above all of them

Jambo twats

Always liked spittal,good player.

Not bothered by the other two.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by berwickhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always liked spittal,good player.

Not bothered by the other two.
    My mum always said, if you sign Motherwell, Ross County and Livingston players, you’ll get a Motherwell, Ross County and Livingstone type team.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Three decent enough players but if they become first picks then I'm not concerned in the slightest.

I'm more concerned with what we do and I think we will sign better.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Jambo twats
    No need for that.

As in, everybody knows this.

They are pretty solid squad players and will probably be vital to Hearts when they have the Sunday, Thursday, Sunday schedule early season. The types who will come in and help grind out an ugly 1-0 away at St Johnstone on the back of a midweek skelping.

If it's the height of their ambitions then I'm not concerned but as far as a bit depth goes then it's decent business.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Full back for a team getting relegated
    Spittal - I don’t get the hype had a better season. But I always found him lightweight and meh
    Dhanda - nah not bothered and not at our level of player we’re after

All good for that mob however 👍🏻

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Pretty average players if you ask me. Probably all cover I suppose.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    They will be the bestest average players ever

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Solid players, know the league etc. Hardly earth shattering or blowing the budget as Budge suggested earlier this week.

Excuse me if I think our ambitions are higher than 3 bottom six players.
    SJM was a bottom six player. To me having a good few experienced course and distance players is a pretty sensible option. Decent start to their summer signings and I hope we have a sprinkling on known quantities among players who may be more of a risk, regardless of their pedigree

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    SJM was a bottom six player. To me having a good few experienced course and distance players is a pretty sensible option. Decent start to their summer signings and I hope we have a sprinkling on known quantities among players who may be more of a risk, regardless of their pedigree
    Penrice is the youngest and 25 sjm was 20 and played 90 games not much comparison. Of course you can get gems from the bottom 6 but these 3 are all mediocre and already developed. I don't think you should sign players that you wouldn't want to start so don't get the just squad players.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Hearts could easily have afforded to sign any of these players if they were still under contract but they wouldn’t have signed any of them if they were still under contract. Cheap squad fillers, your Drey Wright, Stephen McGinn, Cammy Bell types.

If we had signed them I'd be disappointed TBH . Average at best .

In seasons gone by I might have been a tad envious. Not now. If our summer signings are even close to Marcondes and Maolida then it will be the cardigan wearers casting envious glances our way.

Not earth shattering, but they do make sense.

They won't improve their first team but are squad players, which will help them as it seems they are likely to be 3rd and have European football up until the end of the year.

All players that know the league and won't need half a season to get used to it, will our signings be permanents or mercenaries, we'll have to wait and see.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    3 good squad players. Who, while unglamorous, are the type of players to help grind out enough wins to be in the mix for 3rd. Like Gogic, Paul McGinn etc.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    I'd be pretty disappointed if we brought those 3 in this summer, rightly good players for their current clubs but hearts are flying in 3rd and these players don't improve them. Whilst they'll most likely lose shankland and Cochrane to start.

Penrice a LB - currently out player of the year there and just signed an extension.

Dhanda & spital both attacking midfield, if we went from Marcondes to that, there would be uproar 🤣

I think all are good players but there’s always that question about can they step up to the pressure etc or if they suit being at a smaller club.

Think all 3 would be good signings, however hopefully the players we bring in far exceed them.

It’s a damned if you do damned if you don’t. If they play well it’s a no brainer, if they play poorly it’s because you’re signing “bottom six players”.

I think they're excellent signings tbh, exactly the sort of players we turn our noses up at to our own detriment.

Have a manager in place, do your recruitment early and get signings in for the start of pre-season training, having a core of players who know the league that you can then add to with some more exotic sprinklings later.

It's pretty much the polar opposite to what we do, or what I expect us to do during our "big rebuild" this summer.

I expect that we'll still manage to pick up players of the class of Marcondes and Maolida on loan in January going forward to make seasons respectable but it's the sorts of players we're going to build the core of our squad with that I'm concerned about, the kind of summer business that has been abysmal going back the best part of a decade now.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I think they're excellent signings tbh, exactly the sort of players we turn our noses up at to our own detriment.

Have a manager in place, do your recruitment early and get signings in for the start of pre-season training, having a core of players who know the league that you can then add to with some more exotic sprinklings later.

It's pretty much the polar opposite to what we do, or what I expect us to do during our "big rebuild" this summer.

We'll still manage to pick up players of the class of Marcondes and Maolida on loan in January going forward but it's the sorts of players we're going to build the core of our squad with that I'm concerned about, the kind of summer business that has been abysmal going back the best part of a decade now.
    Totally agree with this. Seems like they’ve done smart business to me, unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

I expect that we'll still manage to pick up players of the class of Marcondes and Maolida on loan in January going forward to make seasons respectable but it's the sorts of players we're going to build the core of our squad with that I'm concerned about, the kind of summer business that has been abysmal going back the best part of a decade now.
    Obita, Moriah-Welsh and Boyle play in the same position as these 3 all on full time contracts at hibs. Only someone drinking the Gorgie koolaid would say those 3 are in the same world as ours. We'll be in an even better place post summer cheer up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    No need for that.

As in, everybody knows this.
    But sometimes you have to point out the malignant, stinking elephant in the room, as my boss would say.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LunasBoots View Post
    All players that know the league and won't need half a season to get used to it, will our signings be permanents or mercenaries, we'll have to wait and see.
    Obita, Moriah-Welsh and Maolida hadn't played in Scotland and all 3 look better than almost all in the league in their positions outwith old firm. Not bothered if they have Scottish experience if they are class.