Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Kidd 86’ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like Youan is more an argument-starter than a Firestarter!,

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Martin Boyle has appeared in 9 of Whittakers 15 appearances. You’ve also went on and listed Jair and also listed the centre mids as if they don’t count because they’ve got flaws. All of our players have flaws.

You say he couldn’t have done anything differently, imo he could absolutely have done things differently. We’ll have to just leave it at that.
    I dont think Boyle is any more of a good defender than Youan is, but i appreciate his value when hes on form. The last forward who was really useful in that that all round sense was Doidge, who defended the cross ball better than most of our defenders .

First Team Regular
    So frustrating at times, but love watching him and would much rather have him in the team. The player with the most flair and skill at the club when he's on it for me, some of his close control and dribbling is ridiculous. I think his biggest area to improve is knowing when to release the ball. So many times he would rather beat a man or two before passing, instead of just playing an easy forward pass.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Seems to be learning to release the ball quicker but hopefully he does not revert back to old ways

He is undoubtedly a talent I remember he came on second half versus Hearts at ER after a spell out of the team and had something to prove

His skill pace and trickery as he effortlessly beat Hearts defenders even had the Hearts fans applauding it begged the question ‘ Why did he not start ?’

Quote Originally Posted by EGL2000 View Post
    So frustrating at times, but love watching him and would much rather have him in the team. The player with the most flair and skill at the club when he's on it for me, some of his close control and dribbling is ridiculous. I think his biggest area to improve is knowing when to release the ball. So many times he would rather beat a man or two before passing, instead of just playing an easy forward pass.
    The last couple of games his assists have been brilliant

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    The last couple of games his assists have been brilliant
    They have! Shows he has the ability but still feel he could improve on it. Especially from central areas, usually fine when crossing from wide areas, like his assists on Saturday.

Play Youan and Myziane up front think they could be a decent partnership

Quote Originally Posted by EGL2000 View Post
    They have! Shows he has the ability but still feel he could improve on it. Especially from central areas, usually fine when crossing from wide areas, like his assists on Saturday.
    I actually thought his slipped ball through to Maolida against County, from central area, was more impressive than either of the weekend’s.

They’re always going to be harder for him than firing/passing across the face of goal from wide. Especially as if they don’t come off he’s more likely to get stick rather than a corner or the ball breaking to his teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Play Youan and Myziane up front think they could be a decent partnership
    Certainly not. Even if it works, totally throws the team shape that has been working off.

Say you go 4-4-2 = there is no place for Marcondes in a 442, and those are our 2 decent left sided players. You'd have to play Jair, or Boyle left mid. No thanks.

3-5-2 = Marcondes might play in this one, but Boyle doesnt, unless its wing back.

Maybe now that we are signing better players, it's making talented players like Elie show how good they really are. We've seen loads of good balls into the box for the past two seasons only to find that there's nobody in the box to take advantage.

Posters should also bear in mind that he was brought to the club to be on the end of the assists, not to provide them.

If we had played him as a nine all season, instead of persisting with Vente, he would be on 20 goals, not 10.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Maybe now that we are signing better players, it's making talented players like Elie show how good they really are. We've seen loads of good balls into the box for the past two seasons only to find that there's nobody in the box to take advantage.

Posters should also bear in mind that he was brought to the club to be on the end of the assists, not to provide them.

If we had played him as a nine all season, instead of persisting with Vente, he would be on 20 goals, not 10.
    Youan for me is like Boyle played central . Not as effective. Vente would get us goals too if played as a nine as well.

Good OP. An important player for us. And one that opposition teams in this league and fans do not relish coming on.

It was a great contribution on Saturday. Recent form certainly doesn't justify being called out individually after the slightest error, do we want to put the fear into one of the only players on the pitch that can take a risk and get us off our seats?

10 goals and 10 assists by March in a Hibs squad and still getting pelters for end product. Can't say players like that have grown on trees over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Youan for me is like Boyle played central . Not as effective. Vente would get us goals too if played as a nine as well.
    We’ve been saying this about Vente all season.

He's played as a 9 enough times to have more goals than he had, never mind the minutes just behind the striker etc.

ALF was out for months and has played far fewer minutes yet has more league goals than him

I like Vente, but he needs to step up.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

He's played as a 9 enough times to have more goals than he had, never mind the minutes just behind the striker etc.

ALF was out for months and has played far fewer minutes yet has more league goals than him

Agree with this. He does need to start banging them in. Hopefully he can bag a few before the end of the season and get firing for next season.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

All these players have looked more effective since we improved the centre of midfield though, including Vente.

Vente's injury came at a really bad time for him, at a time when there were players looking like they'd create for him, and a team structure that allowed him to stay in position to get on the end of chances.

A lot of this season we didn't have a midfield we have now though.

He has played as a 9 though he's lacked decent service imo .

Alf is a very clever player who makes some great runs into the box , Vente I see more as a poacher who comes alive in the box who needs the right service, play him as a 9 and provide decent service for him and I'm convinced he'd score goals for us .

Boyle has barely played centrally this season. Youan played centrally for 35 minutes in one game at Easter Road. Last season a few times more when players were out injured.

Hardly enough data there to conclude Elie is better out wide. They are also different players. Elie is two footed and good in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Boyle has barely played centrally this season. Youan played centrally for 35 minutes in one game at Easter Road. Last season a few times more when players were out injured.

Hardly enough data there to conclude Elie is better out wide. They are also different players. Elie is two footed and good in the air.
    I actually thought Boyle was coming in more to the centre in quite a few of our games tbh .

https://www.footballcritic.com/marti...ositions/34000

Both Elie and Boyle have in common that they are quick , tricky and very good dribblers . Playing out wide I think they see more of the ball than they would playing central .

It's all about opinions I suppose though I think like Boyle we get more from Elie when he's out wide , 10 goals and 10 assists is very good for a winger and as the saying goes if somethings not broken.......

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/pl...alysis-tactics
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 22-03-2024 at 10:44 AM.

Enjoyed this of Youan's assists and goals .
    https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/stat...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    WOW..

MIC DROP…
    Last edited by Albert Kidd 86’; 24-03-2024 at 05:57 AM.

So many of his assists are from similar positions cutting back in from wide, all he needs is a runner in the centre and he just picks him out.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    So many of his assists are from similar positions cutting back in from wide, all he needs is a runner in the centre and he just picks him out.
    I think that's were you get the best out of him in exactly what you say in him being out wide and cutting back in , probably means defenders have to go and double up on him too which creates space for our other forwards too . Very good player is our Youan.

Brilliant