hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Youan= The Prodigy not Cliff Richard!

Some of the support are giving this player grief, I do not know why.it was embarrassing yesterday to see the East and FF stands shouting at him after he single handedly created a move, but the cross did not quite come off, what is wrong with our support?

you might say he is inconsistent, but show me any player anywhere that is Pele in every game.

if you are in doubt, imagine he got bought during the transfer window, how would you feel now, because alot were shouting for him to get emptied.

i want players who push the envelope, not plodders who give bog standard performances, or put in musical terms would you rather go see Prodigy or cliff Richard? , if the latter off to tynie with you!

more power to the lad, I hope he is here for many years.
    Last edited by Albert Kidd 86’; 22-03-2024 at 05:30 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Kidd 86’ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some of the support are giving this player grief, I do not know why.it was embarrassing yesterday to see the East and FF stands shouting at him after he single handedly created a move, but the cross did not quite come off, what is wrong with our support?

you might say he is inconsistent, but show me any player anywhere that is Pele in every game.

if you are in doubt, imagine he got bought during the transfer window, how would you feel now, because alot were shouting for him to get emptied.

i want players who push the envelope, not plodders who give bog standard performances, or put in musical terms would you rather go see Prodigy or cliff Richard? , if the latter of to tynie with you!

more power to the lad, I hope he is here for many years.
    Drives me mad at times but once the jerseys on any player gets my support.

In Youan's case I'd rather have that moment of magic and the unpredictability for all the reasons you say. I think it's a man/game management issue to be honest, there's times and games to use him and generally we aren't going to get the best defensive performance from him. I guess that's why the manager's get paid all the money.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Underrated player by many, defender he is not, but he scores goals and assists plenty. I think he is trying to do better defensively, but just can't keep his concentration to do that the full 90 minutes.

First Team Breakthrough Broxburn Greens's Avatar
    The move in question was highly frustrating and he just seemed to squander the opportunity.

I was one of those who gave a bit of grief at the time but in the cold light of day it was harsh considering his overall contribution to the game and he didn’t deserve it.

His ball to ALF was superb for his goal.

He is highly talented but at times just so frustrating, but hopefully that’ll get less frustrating as he learns more a bit like a certain Martin Boyle who at one time got no end of stick for similar things.

If you’re looking in Ellie (which I doubt) consider the above an apology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 goals and 10 assists from him so far shows what a valuable a player he is to us .

I get he’s frustrating, but imo he should be in our team every week.

He creates loads of chances and the opposition look terrified of him. Hes also one that even if he’s playing poorly he can score or create out of nothing - see Tynecastle double.

He’s also surprised me recently with his passing and vision as he is now trying to slip balls through to the strikers.

I think it would be absolutely mental to consider letting him leave as some were saying in January.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    He was very good yesterday but has to be way more consistent with his decision making and work rate. We’ve seen it before where he’s had two or three really good games and then fallen back to old habits.

As for the question as to how I’d feel if he’d been sold - nonplussed is the answer. For that to change he needs to show over a sustained period he’s able to maintain a high standard whilst being less selfish (as he’s shown in the last game or two that he can manage).

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

He drives me nuts with his decision making at times, but when he's good, he's very very good.

Got to take the rough with the smooth, would always have my support from the stands.

Ive said the same on other threads. He gets cut no slack at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    He was very good yesterday but has to be way more consistent with his decision making and work rate. We’ve seen it before where he’s had two or three really good games and then fallen back to old habits.

As for the question as to how I’d feel if he’d been sold - nonplussed is the answer. For that to change he needs to show over a sustained period he’s able to maintain a high standard whilst being less selfish (as he’s shown in the last game or two that he can manage).

Really? He is top in assists and 2nd equal highest scorer and you would be nonplussed to see him go? Hmmm. I would be fuming.

Promising Youngster
    He’s won us and lost us points. Kind of player that will frustrate but also the one that is needed against the dross of the league.

Recent ones I can think of are Celtic at home when he shat it from a 70/30 challenge and Ross County on Wednesday. Yet arguably he is our most impactful player of the season

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I think he’s brought that upon himself to a degree. He’s used up a lot of the goodwill from last season with his performances this season. We’ve often looked a better team overall without him IMO, and he doesn’t make our best 11 after the January signings.

We paid a rumoured £750k for him, so the bar to judge him against is high. He’s a good impact sub, but I’d be happy to take anything north of a million for him IMO.

He's the player most likely to create something from nothing. He was good yesterday, and generally does play well when the team does.

If he has a fault it's that he's a good player trying to be a great player, so sometimes his moves don't pay off.

When he plays he gives a bit of unpredictability, and the stats show he has impact. I hope we keep him and that he continues to improve.

I like Youan and generally agree with your point.

But to answer your question - quite comfortably neither!!!

I wouldn't consider going to see either of those performers.

A more apt ER/Tynie choice would be something like the Pogues v Daniel O'Donnell.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Kidd 86’ View Post
    Really? He is top in assists and 2nd equal highest scorer and you would be nonplussed to see him go? Hmmm. I would be fuming.
    He’s also cost us quite a few goals with poor defensive work and caused attacks to break down.

He can win or lose us games single handedly, and I’d prefer someone more consistent.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I think he’s brought that upon himself to a degree. He’s used up a lot of the goodwill from last season with his performances this season. We’ve often looked a better team overall without him IMO, and he doesn’t make our best 11 after the January signings.

We paid a rumoured £750k for him, so the bar to judge him against is high. He’s a good impact sub, but I’d be happy to take anything north of a million for him IMO.
    I thought it was more around the £300k mark? The £750k was Vente wasn’t it?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Youan is a very decent player and is here because this is his level, he has the ability to play like he did yesterday and then be utter horse crap the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    There was talk of it being about the same fee as Vente, one being for £700k and the other £750k. With £300k rumoured for Levitt and close to £2m spent in fees alone in the summer. Who knows how close to accurate any of that is though.

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    I wouldn't consider going to see either of those performers.

A more apt ER/Tynie choice would be something like the Pogues v Daniel O'Donnell.
    that works too- flashes of true genius v total cardigan wearing boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    There was talk of it being about the same fee as Vente, one being for £700k and the other £750k. With £300k rumoured for Levitt and close to £2m spent in fees alone in the summer. Who knows how close to accurate any of that is though.
    I thought it was around £500k for Youan, £700 k for Vente and as you say £300k for Levitt, add in money for Wollacott.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    It’s hard with him though as there’s so little middle ground with him.

Do we ever come away from a game where he’s worked hard enough, given away nothing defensively but just failed to have a positive impact at the other end?

His performances seem to be either imperious or dreadful, forcing you into one of two camps depending on your outlook, when the other camp always has a fair point.

Criticism of him seems crazy after a performance like yesterday’s but after one of his daft performances it can be easy to forget just how good he can be.

The reason he frustrates is because the poor stuff feels unnecessary. He looks like he should have all it takes to be a top, top player, better than our level. If he just stays switched on for another minute on Wednesday he’s played a major role in a huge result.

I think it’s his nature and performances which fuel our schizophrenic reaction to him.

It would be good to see what a run of games with the players he had around him yesterday and 2nd half Tuesday might do for him - I suspect he might well find that piece of missing consistency.

Did he not come here as an out and out striker who can play off the left, we seem to have turned him into a wide attacker which maybe he's struggled with especially in the defensive side of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    8 goals and 10 assists from him so far shows what a valuable a player he is to us .
    Agree if he can put his allround game together he would be a top player

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    What's Yoan got to do with Cliff Richard?

Or The Prodigy for that matter. 😃
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    What's Yoan got to do with Cliff Richard?

Or The Prodigy for that matter. 😃
    I consistently find myself thinking in the stands that “we’ve got ourselves a scoring, dribbling, passing, assisting OH F***ING HELL” when he gets the ball.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I consistently find myself thinking in the stands that “we’ve got ourselves a scoring, dribbling, passing, assisting OH F***ING HELL” when he gets the ball.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Said on another thread, I reckon he’d had a boot up the arse after Wednesday night. Might have been the manager, might have been the players, I’m not sure. But I thought his work rate and application to the defensive side of the game was night and day to what we usually see from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It’s hard with him though as there’s so little middle ground with him.

Do we ever come away from a game where he’s worked hard enough, given away nothing defensively but just failed to have a positive impact at the other end?

His performances seem to be either imperious or dreadful, forcing you into one of two camps depending on your outlook, when the other camp always has a fair point.

Criticism of him seems crazy after a performance like yesterday’s but after one of his daft performances it can be easy to forget just how good he can be.

The reason he frustrates is because the poor stuff feels unnecessary. He looks like he should have all it takes to be a top, top player, better than our level. If he just stays switched on for another minute on Wednesday he’s played a major role in a huge result.

I think it’s his nature and performances which fuel our schizophrenic reaction to him.

It would be good to see what a run of games with the players he had around him yesterday and 2nd half Tuesday might do for him - I suspect he might well find that piece of missing consistency.
    Im aware hes prone to poor decision making, and has been posting missing from defensive cover. Thats not in doubt. Its the frequency that it actually happens im arguing about, and the degree of rage against him from the folks around me. It’s disproportionate.
    Boyle has been poor at various things for quite a while. Including at least teo occasions when defensive lapses have cost us goals. Seems to be immune from much criticism.