Thread: Your MotM ?

Newell and ALF excellent

2. Log in to remove the advert

ALF or Cadds for me

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Thought Obita was also good today. But would have gone for Joe as motm

Triantis for me, what a difference he makes covering for the defence and midfield. Think he had a nose bleed at one point as he broke so far forward, but unfortunately didn’t have the pace to beat the 2 Livi defenders.
    Joe also magnificent as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His decision making and passing were really good today. I am his worst critic and all I had was praise for him. Jair filled the gap though as he looked pretty lost when he came on not helped by being fouled repeatedly. I think ALF being on teh pitch gives us a captain up top. He is constantly firing off directions to players and his running off the ball demands passes are made.
    Said earlier, could actually hear ALF screaming at Youan in the second half about when to press and so on. I also think his movement is that good that he makes other players minds up for them.

That said, Youan did things today that you wouldn’t normally associate with him. Cadden went forward at one point in the first half and Youan just sat in. I reckon he’s had a rocket after Wednesday.

A good few players done very well today.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Said earlier, could actually hear ALF screaming at Youan in the second half about when to press and so on. I also think his movement is that good that he makes other players minds up for them.

That said, Youan did things today that you wouldn’t normally associate with him. Cadden went forward at one point in the first half and Youan just sat in. I reckon he’s had a rocket after Wednesday.
    Hopefully so, I'm one of his bigger fans probably and even I had my head in my hands when seeing Dhanda run off him in the replays. I do think he needs to feel the love sometimes Elie, but a reminder that it's a team game and you'll look a million times better to prospective buyers when your goals and assists actually count for something than in 2-2 draws or losses.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Hopefully so, I'm one of his bigger fans probably and even I had my head in my hands when seeing Dhanda run off him in the replays. I do think he needs to feel the love sometimes Elie, but a reminder that it's a team game and you'll look a million times better to prospective buyers when your goals and assists actually count for something than in 2-2 draws or losses.
    It is so frustrating as he looks so fit and it is either concentration or application. we all know how good he can be running with the ball but the last couple of games he has played some very good passes. He has everything he needs to make a huge amount of money from football but he needs to get the bit between the ears right a bit more often. Did really well today though and should be proud of his contribution

First Team Breakthrough Ralphy C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    ALF or Newell, both were very good, probably pick ALF because i dont really like Newell.
    Do you not, ye shoulda mentioned it

ALF was excellent today just as he was when he came on in the second half on Wednesday. I love when we have a clever experienced forward in the team. Makes me feel less old too!

Youan’s best game for a while.Knew what he should be doing and passed the ball well in the middle of the park when under pressure.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Good to hear, and hope some of the tiresome moaning about workrate pish gets is parked, for a week at least.
    There were some groans however from the East when he didn’t chase to try and keep the ball in play in the second half. I don’t think he was getting there anyway so not sure why there were grumblings. Maybe looked different from different angles.

Pleased with his performance and glad I didn’t have to choose the MOTM as there were no stand outs as such - just a lot of very solid performances. For contribution in the goals I’d probably have plumped for ALF.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    ALF or Newell, both were very good, probably pick ALF because i dont really like Newell.
    Both were good and I was all for dropping Newell for Triantis before the game, Rocky and Fish were solid enough and Cadden was doing well until he got injured.

But I’m going for Rocky, guy is improving every week since he came back from international break.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    He was a wee bit off being MOTM, but Elie Youan was excellent today. Frequently did the right thing, and worked his arse off.
    Forgot about Ellie, great performance from him, looks like he has listened to the manager’s instructions and carried them out today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    A good few players done very well today.
    This, a good team performance from everyone today.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    There were some groans however from the East when he didn’t chase to try and keep the ball in play in the second half. I don’t think he was getting there anyway so not sure why there were grumblings. Maybe looked different from different angles.

Pleased with his performance and glad I didn’t have to choose the MOTM as there were no stand outs as such - just a lot of very solid performances. For contribution in the goals I’d probably have plumped for ALF.
    He was never getting it, strange that folk moaned about it.

Triantis. Never put a foot wrong and put in a shift and a half in midfield. Looks a different player since moving up the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Forgot about Ellie, great performance from him, looks like he has listened to the manager’s instructions and carried them out today.
    Could hear Montgomery giving him a fair amount of instructions during the 1st half.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Talking of him needing to feel the love, there was one in the second half where he looked like he could have got the ball but stopped and it ran out for a goal kick. The crowd had a bit of a grumble and it definitely registered with him because he had a bit of a pop back at the crowd in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

Theres grumblings because when players get a reputation, it seems to take 5 times as long to persuade themselves that the reputation isnt deserved anymore, as it was to get that rep in the first place. I heard so many ‘lazy bass as’ comments last game that simply wasn’t justified in Youans case.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Youan pretty comfortably for me. Two great assists and just a much more complete performance from him.

Think he showed today he's probably our best player if he keeps it simple when needed. We all know he has the skill to skin the league, it's choosing when. If he nails that he's unplayable.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Theres grumblings because when players get a reputation, it seems to take 5 times as long to persuade themselves that the reputation isnt deserved anymore, as it was to get that rep in the first place. I heard so many ‘lazy bass as’ comments last game that simply wasn’t justified in Youans case.
    I'm not his biggest fan but I don't think he's lazy as such, I think he lacks game intelligence. When to press, when to pass, when to track. Under LJ he had a spell he was doing it all, so not sure why he stopped doing that. He is prone to not tracking his man, we've all seen that, but he also looks like one of the fittest players in the team. Don't think I've ever seen him looking knackered.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Nice cameo today in his premiership debut from Jacob MacIntyre caught the eye with his strong running always available for a pass and a few decent through balls

I'd maybe give it Newell actually, as could've been a different game if it wasn't for him - he's basically stopped Livi scoring at one end on the edge of the box, then launched us down field and we're 2-0 up thirty seconds later.

Even rang rings round them despite his finger popping out seconds before.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I thought Newall was absolutely superb today.

Epitomised by his part in the second(?) goal, starting with a good last ditch tackle after Rocky (?) had been caught in position, a driving run past 2/3 Livi players, and a finesse pass through to set up the eventual assist.

Just an all round great performance.
    Mon the Hibs.

I was on the fence with this with but decided to go with Newell

....just to p1ss off BlackpoolHibs

Testimonial Due
    Triantis for me. Looks a good player.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    Triantis for me. Looks a good player.
    He really does. Hope we can sort something for next season. Would love to sign him, but if not another season long loan would be class.

So weird, I was gushing about Marcondes after the first few games, but he's actually the loan player I'd be least fussed about signing, of the starters anyway, obviously think he's better than Mayenda. Again, think Marcondes is class, but don't think he fits the team anywhere near as much as Myziane or Triantis
    Last edited by JohnM1875; 16-03-2024 at 07:48 PM.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Jon View Post
    ALF was the difference today, played a key role, brilliant play for all three goals, great movement and still showed hunger when a lot of the team had stopped trying.

He was so good I'm starting a thread about him.

@hibs.net private member
    Newell followed closely by his partner Triantis.

They were the bedrock of our performance.