hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Clement doesn’t do irony

Welcome to every other team outwith the Old Firm plying their trade in the SPFL.

On last night’s defeat to Benfica, the is what the The Rangers boss had to say

"You need to be on your toes to compete with these teams that have a much bigger budget. Everybody did that, everybody raised their level. You need to take the moments and we didn't take ours enough

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welcome to every other team outwith the Old Firm plying their trade in the SPFL.

"You need to be on your toes to compete with these teams that have a much bigger budget. Everybody did that, everybody raised their level. You need to take the moments and we didn't take ours enough

Poor soul, playing a team with a much bigger budget.

I wonder what that's like...

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    It's the same every season when they eventually get pumped out of Europe.

I look forward to the "not tested enough on home soil" argument.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Welcome to our world should try it when the refs give you f#ck all as well

Joking apart I like Clement old school fitba Manager knows the game inside out seen it done it got the tee shirt

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    You can just imagine the interview…

congratulations. We’re pleased to say the job is yours.

a few things to note:

the refs
    - they’re mainly for us but we’ve folks on VAR as a safety net.
    - if you feel somethings not gone your way give the fourth official an earful.
    - no need to worry about being sent to the stand
    - first foul go in as hard as you like

glasgow derby
    - bit of anything goes but you’ll generally be alright now

Hibs
    - a special mention now we’ve rehabilitated Maclean don’t expect any trouble from them.

so as you can see the decks really are stacked.

Off you go - God Save the King!

Time passes….

Ah yes, unfortunately penalties and refs is Europe - the Brotherhood only extends
    so far…
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 15-03-2024 at 10:06 AM.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Apparently VAR "done them over" as well

A complete irony bypass frenzy in Govan

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jakesawers2008
    He should really try playing against teams with bigger budgets and they have a 12th man. Only then will I show any sympathy. Glad they got papped out by conceding a penalty that would have went unpunished in our league and a very tight VAR Call.

Was even better when they celebrated the offside flag only to be overruled by VAR

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Whether they keep it in the dressing room or not, it's fairly obvious from the expressions and body language of The Rangers players, that decisions should go in their favour. That's not their fault, but, that's what they are used to. Very subjective use of resources, that only seems to apply when they lose.

I don't actually mind Clement despite the team he manages. I think Rangers have struck gold with him TBH.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    I don't actually mind Clement despite the team he manages. I think Rangers have struck gold with him TBH.
    Yip been very impressed talks a lot of sense and can obviously motivate a bunch of previously demotivated players started playing the wee left back and reinvigorated other players

Said the SPL very similar to what he experienced in Belgium two strong teams

I hate to say it but can see him winning trophies here

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post

Surely they are at the wind up? By overturning an incorrectly disallowed goal? Was clear as day Silva was in his own half.

The old 'finances' argument comes out when papped out of Europe but conveniently forgotten against 90% of the teams they face.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Think he is a bit of an erse personally. Get tae with the budget chat Philippe

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Yip been very impressed talks a lot of sense and can obviously motivate a bunch of previously demotivated players started playing the wee left back and reinvigorated other players

Said the SPL very similar to what he experienced in Belgium two strong teams

I hate to say it but can see him winning trophies here
    Worth a bet for the treble.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post

He mentioned the Benfica budget in his comments after our SC game as well. I remember it well because I quite like him, but that comment does my brain in.

Quote Originally Posted by GRA View Post
    Surely they are at the wind up? By overturning an incorrectly disallowed goal? Was clear as day Silva was in his own half.
    They don't see the laws of the game as rules to be applied objectively. They are subjective "decisions" based on whether the officials are "fenians" or not.

Not joking with this.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post

I'm confident that if it was a domestic game then they'd have used one of the frames showing the ball being played with the player over the half way line and ruled it off. Pretty sure that's why it takes so long to offside checks in Scotland, they look through multiple frames and find the one that suits the decision they want to give.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Absolutely disgraceful that they couldn't get Nick Walsh or John Beaton as the 12th man no wonder he's upset. I blame those damn foreigners.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 15-03-2024 at 05:42 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Yep, he's a good manager, and if he was with any other club I'd have even more respect for him. He's a good man manager, we'd really benefit from a manager with his attitude and approach IMO.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Rude View Post
    I'm confident that if it was a domestic game then they'd have used one of the frames showing the ball being played with the player over the half way line and ruled it off. Pretty sure that's why it takes so long to offside checks in Scotland, they look through multiple frames and find the one that suits the decision they want to give.
    Think you are exactly right would have used a frame not in line with the centre line and drew the line with John Beatons blue crayon