hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any talk about Jacob Farrell over there , Fred?
    Lots of talk about him being the best left back in the country.

In the under 23 squad for upcoming Olympic qualifiers.

Missed the Mariners Asian Finals play off this week in India as he was left at home due to a family bereavement.

His current contract expires in a year and he has recently expressed an interest in playing overseas.

No doubt will receive offers, but he’s a very shy laddie, and despite his recent statement about playing overseas, which he is capable of doing, not sure he’ll give up his beach lifestyle When it comes to the crunch.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Lots of talk about him being the best left back in the country.

In the under 23 squad for upcoming Olympic qualifiers.

Missed the Mariners Asian Finals play off this week in India as he was left at home due to a family bereavement.

His current contract expires in a year and he has recently expressed an interest in playing overseas.

No doubt will receive offers, but he’s a very shy laddie, and despite his recent statement about playing overseas, which he is capable of doing, not sure he’ll give up his beach lifestyle When it comes to the crunch.
    Portobello is just a couple of miles down the road?

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I’ve watched him for 2 years. He’d be a first pick for us.
    No offence pal but you watched Shankland for longer and said he wouldn't/couldn't score goals in the top division

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    No offence pal but you watched Shankland for longer and said he wouldn't/couldn't score goals in the top division
    No offence pal but have you watched the boy play or are you just in for the usual boring digs.

No offence pal but have you watched the boy play or are you just in for the usual boring digs.
    That wasn't a dig that was an example of one of your predictions you got horribly wrong.

@hibs.net private member
    That wasn't a dig that was an example of one of your predictions you got horribly wrong.
    Are there more Crunchie?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Are there more Crunchie?
    Hundreds. I’m not Nostradamus. 😂

Crunchie appears to remember all my posts so he will have a few. I’m happy to send a signed photo for him if he likes. 👍

Hundreds. I’m not Nostradamus. 😂

Crunchie appears to remember all my posts so he will have a few. I’m happy to send a signed photo for him if he likes. 👍
    Naw mate, but I vividly remember at the time your views on Shankland which had me and a few others laughing.
    Another prediction that had me laughing was the one where Rocky can't play LCB.

Keep them coming, you amuse me no end with your unwavering belief in yourself as a coach

Naw mate, but I vividly remember at the time your views on Shankland which had me and a few others laughing.

Keep them coming, you amuse me no end with your unwavering belief in yourself as a coach
    This is a thread about Josh. For the record I’ve been clear that Rocky will be much better at RCB and he’s hamstrung playing at LCB. That’s just a simple fact.

@hibs.net private member

It wasnt just him that said Shankheid wouldnt score, I and others said so too. We were wrong, **** happens mate and Im sure no-one will lose any sleep over it

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    It wasnt just him that said Shankheid wouldnt score, I and others said so too. We were wrong, **** happens mate and Im sure no-one will lose any sleep over it
    It's the manner in which he states things as fact when it's all in his head that I laugh at, no biggie. I just find it amusing, I certainly don't lose sleep over anyone's opinion

It's the manner in which he states things as fact when it's all in his head that I laugh at, no biggie. I just find it amusing, I certainly don't lose sleep over anyone's opinion
    You’ve picked out an opinion from an out 4 years ago that I can’t even remember making. It’s weirdly obsessive and aggressively boring.

@hibs.net private member
    So what ? What are you getting all worked up about it for ? Its a fans forum for people to post opinions, rightly or wrongly opinions are in everybody's head, funny, outrageous or pure guff, and thats just my posts

Anyway, dont think Josh will be signing

So what ? What are you getting all worked up about it for ? Its a fans forum for people to post opinions, rightly or wrongly opinions are in everybody's head, funny, outrageous or pure guff, and thats just my posts

Anyway, dont think Josh will be signing
    I'm not the one getting worked up mate, look at my original post I was laughing . I don't think we'll sign him either and I'd never heard of him.

You’ve picked out an opinion from an out 4 years ago that I can’t even remember making. It’s weirdly obsessive and aggressively boring.
    It was the start of this season not 4 years ago, I can barely remember 4 weeks ago let alone 4 years . Let's leave it at that and hope you're right if we end up signing Josh.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm not the one getting worked up mate, look at my original post I was laughing . I don't think we'll sign him either and I'd never heard of him.
    Ive watched a lot of him and one thing guaranteed is 100% graft from first to last whistle

He is wee though but he still gets wired into the bigger guys 😁

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Behave.

Anyone got a link to the Josh Nisbet thread?

@hibs.net private member
    I’ve watched him for 2 years. He’d be a first pick for us.
    Genuine question - who would be displace in our first team?

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    We have Welsh and Newell for next season. He’d play well with those two.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Nobody.

He’s signed for Melbourne City.

Coaching Staff
    Nisbet now denying he’s signed for Melbourne City..”or anyone else yet”.

Was asked the question at the Socceroo camp, which he was called into after Lewis Miller’s withdrawal.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ive watched a lot of him and one thing guaranteed is 100% graft from first to last whistle

He is wee though but he still gets wired into the bigger guys 😁
    Yes, all well and good, but can he actually play football? Is he technically decent? Or is he Josh Campbell but much smaller, in which case we'd be better sticking with Josh Campbell.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    Yes, all well and good, but can he actually play football? Is he technically decent? Or is he Josh Campbell but much smaller, in which case we'd be better sticking with Josh Campbell.
    He is playing for CCM and on TNT sports most weekends, give it a watch and make your own mind up

Coaching Staff
    He imho is a very good footballer and I’m pretty sure Monty and his backroom staff would agree , as would Nector Triantis who played alongside him, and Alfie who played against him many times.

Again imho he would be a valuable addition to our squad for next season

There were quite a few and I think some were basing their prediction out of hope, because he’d signed for hearts. Which is understandable.

Incidentally the worst offender actually kept it up even when Shankland was scoring most weeks, went for a holiday, and is now suddenly and unapologetically using Shankland as the gold standard when criticising Hibs forwards 😁

Opinions do indeed change.

Left by mutual consent!
    He is playing for CCM and on TNT sports most weekends, give it a watch and make your own mind up
    Because I don't have any subscription sports channels?

Left by mutual consent!
    He imho is a very good footballer and I’m pretty sure Monty and his backroom staff would agree , as would Nector Triantis who played alongside him, and Alfie who played against him many times.

Again imho he would be a valuable addition to our squad for next season
    Who would you compare him to in our league?

Cheers Forza, you saved me a new subscription. 😁
    Last edited by VoltaireHibs; 19-03-2024 at 01:11 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Who would you compare him to in our league?

Cheers Forza, you saved me a new subscription. 😁
    Difficult to say……as soon as you mention another player people automatically assume you mean he is as good as them and pile on the ridicule.

I’d describe him thus…A diminutive box to box midfielder who is capable of threading passes in the manner Scott Allan did
    He covers the ground and has similar terrier like attributes like John McGinn did, and although small does not shirk a tackle.
    He’s been pushed forward a bit at the Mariners this season..needs must etc.and has scored a couple of goals although goal scoring is not usually in his repertoire it must be said.
    He has though, played the full 90 minutes of every game this season.
    He’s 24 and is widely thought to be the best player currently in the A League.
    He’s out of contract in June, so no transfer fee would be involved and to me is the epitome of a ‘low risk signing’….even if things didn’t work out it would not have much of a financial impact.
    We are likely to lose a few loan players at the end of the season and to my mind at least, he would be a good addition to our squad.
    He’s not by any means a superstar…but we won’t be signing any of them from anywhere.
    I live in fear that if we don’t
    sign him he may end up on our neighbours payroll.

Just as I thought Hibs fans would love Alfie once he was settled in and they saw him play, so I feel the same way about Nisbet.

Ps…I am NOT saying he is as good as McGinn is/was….I am simply saying that there are parts of his game that seem similar.

Left by mutual consent!
    Difficult to say……as soon as you mention another player people automatically assume you mean he is as good as them and pile on the ridicule.

I’d describe him thus…A diminutive box to box midfielder who is capable of threading passes in the manner Scott Allan did
    He covers the ground and has similar terrier like attributes like John McGinn did, and although small does not shirk a tackle.
    He’s been pushed forward a bit at the Mariners this season..needs must etc.and has scored a couple of goals although goal scoring is not usually in his repertoire it must be said.
    He has though, played the full 90 minutes of every game this season.
    He’s 24 and is widely thought to be the best player currently in the A League.
    He’s out of contract in June, so no transfer fee would be involved and to me is the epitome of a ‘low risk signing’….even if things didn’t work out it would not have much of a financial impact.
    We are likely to lose a few loan players at the end of the season and to my mind at least, he would be a good addition to our squad.
    He’s not by any means a superstar…but we won’t be signing any of them from anywhere.
    I live in fear that if we don’t
    sign him he may end up on our neighbours payroll.

Just as I thought Hibs fans would love Alfie once he was settled in and they saw him play, so I feel the same way about Nisbet.

Ps…I am NOT saying he is as good as McGinn is/was….I am simply saying that there are parts of his game that seem similar.
    Cheers for that, much appreciated. See if he ends up in the green and white. 👍