hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’d not be spending any money on a left back. Any money spent should go on positions we need filled in my opinion. Centre half for a start.

The guy might be great, but we’ve already got a good left back, and we can only play one.
    I agree. And there are big question marks over the quality of the Australian league compared to ours.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I’d not be spending any money on a left back. Any money spent should go on positions we need filled in my opinion. Centre half for a start.

The guy might be great, but we’ve already got a good left back, and we can only play one.
    If Stevenson does leave us we are going to need a decent LB not only as cover but to push the one we have . Competition for places is always a good thing to have imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I agree. And there are big question marks over the quality of the Australian league compared to ours.
    It's obviously got something going for it as it's a league Scottish and English clubs are looking at players in a lot . I'd take a player like Triantis from it anyday btw .

@hibs.net private member
    That lad Irankunda is some talent for 18, hat-trick today and I believe he is off to a club in Germany

Edit, Bayern Munich for a reported £3m plus add ons
    Last edited by Bridge hibs; 29-03-2024 at 09:28 AM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    If Stevenson does leave us we are going to need a decent LB not only as cover but to push the one we have . Competition for places is always a good thing to have imo.
    I agree we’ll need left back cover in the summer, I’d just not like to think we’d be spending any transfer fee on one. It’d be a waste of money that would be better spent on other positions.

Musa Toure looked quick from what I saw of him .

Coaching Staff
    Musa Toure looked quick from what I saw of him .
    Usain Bolt played for Central Coast Mariners.

He was quick too��

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    It’s the quality of an individual which is important, not the quality of the league.

The quality of English League 2 is lower compared to our league but it’s where our last 2 cup winning captains were signed from. There are good players playing in poor leagues - good scouting is identifying those who are good enough to play at a higher level.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    It’s the quality of an individual which is important, not the quality of the league.

The quality of English League 2 is lower compared to our league but it’s where our last 2 cup winning captains were signed from. There are good players playing in poor leagues - good scouting is identifying those who are good enough to play at a higher level.
    Absolutely spot on.

I agree we’ll need left back cover in the summer, I’d just not like to think we’d be spending any transfer fee on one. It’d be a waste of money that would be better spent on other positions.
    If Stevenson leaves we will be left with one in that position so I'd say it's important to get another good one even if it cost a transfer fee. We will need one to rotate with Obita over a long hard season thats just as good imo.

Both players we have in the RB position cost a fee as well and with the way we play under Monty the fullback position is just as important as any other position in our team too I'd say .

What kind of transfer fee would CCM want for him? , and would he want come to us ? , I don't know . What I've heard about the lad on here though as been mainly positive so I wouldn't be against the idea of signing him if it was a reasonable transfer fee either .

Coaching Staff
    If Stevenson leaves we will be left with one in that position so I'd say it's important to get another good one even if it cost a transfer fee. We will need one to rotate with Obita over a long hard season thats just as good imo.

Both players we have in the RB position cost a fee as well and with the way we play under Monty the fullback position is just as important as any other position in our team too I'd say .

What kind of transfer fee would CCM want for him? , and would he want come to us ? , I don't know . What I've heard about the lad on here though as been mainly positive so I wouldn't be against the idea of signing him if it was a reasonable transfer fee either .
    Knowing a bit about his past relationship with Monty I think he’d jump at the chance.

I’d only be guessing about the fee, but I reckon we would have to pay a minimum of £375k, probably more….but again, that’s just me guessing.
    Last edited by Forza Fred; 29-03-2024 at 01:18 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    its this kind of thinking that leads to signings like Eckersley, rherras, Devlin etc etc squad fillers who make zero impact, if we're going to do anything we need a strong squad of players all capable of playing in the first 11, competing for jerseys, if Macintyre isn't seen as ready for us next year we need another LB in, and that guy should be capable of pushing obita every single day so will probably need a fee

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Knowing a bit about his past relationship with Monty I think he’d jump at the chance.

I’d only be guessing about the fee, but I reckon we would have to pay a minimum of £375k, probably more….but again, that’s just me guessing.
    Yeah , having played for Monty before could be a big help in getting either Farrell or Nisbet or maybe even both especially if there's other clubs interested which I'm sure there is .

I don't think the price your guessing at would be unreasonable considering todays market . At 21 Farrell has plenty of time to improve further and could prove to be a wise investment for us in the future .

Yeah , having played for Monty before could be a big help in getting either Farrell or Nisbet or maybe even both especially if there's other clubs interested which I'm sure there is .

I don't think the price your guessing at would be unreasonable considering todays market . At 21 Farrell has plenty of time to improve further and could prove to be a wise investment for us in the future .
    If we signed and played Farrell I think it may well be down to Obita playing as the left sided centre back that we will need once Hanlon has gone and Fish goes back to Man U. I've got a feeling we'll see more of Obita as a centre back than a left back (a bit like Kingsley at Hearts). I also think Bevan will be back up from Bournemouth to play as a centre back. FWIW I would sign Nisbet. He's no smaller than the great Russell Latapy and while he has a lot to find in his game to get the level of wee Russ he is very tenacious and gets around the pitch very well.

Quote Originally Posted by EVENTUALLY View Post
    If we signed and played Farrell I think it may well be down to Obita playing as the left sided centre back that we will need once Hanlon has gone and Fish goes back to Man U. I've got a feeling we'll see more of Obita as a centre back than a left back (a bit like Kingsley at Hearts). I also think Bevan will be back up from Bournemouth to play as a centre back. FWIW I would sign Nisbet. He's no smaller than the great Russell Latapy and while he has a lot to find in his game to get the level of wee Russ he is very tenacious and gets around the pitch very well.
    He's quite a bit smaller that Latapy btw.

I like Nisbet, I would have loved to have got him in Jan, I just guess it depends on who leaves in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    He's quite a bit smaller that Latapy btw.

I like Nisbet, I would have loved to have got him in Jan, I just guess it depends on who leaves in the summer.
    Point taken. RL 5'7" JN 5'2"
    The great Bobby Collins who was a Celtic and Leeds great was only 5'3" and played at a time when players were not given the protection they get now. From what I've seen he has the temperament to deal with a tall, physical opponent and with the skill and nous to play effectively in a lively midfield battle. I'd take a chance and sign him.