hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers for that, much appreciated. See if he ends up in the green and white. 👍
    Socceroo Manager Graham Arnold was asked in the pre game World Cup qualifier press conference about his decision to call Nisbet into the Socceroo squad,
    so as you asked, rather than just listen to my opinion I thought his view on Nisbet might carry a bit more weight.

He said, word for word

“ He’s a very good kid and put that aside, he’s a very, very good player.
    He’s a smart player.
    He reads the game very well.
    You can see at the Mariners just even if you are not involved, you can see from the sideline and from afar watching it on TV that he’s a leader on the field.
    He’s coaching players.
    He’s scanning all the time.
    He makes smart runs and technically he’s good.
    So he’s not here just because he’s a good kid, he’s here because he’s a very good player.
    And my expectations are that he’ll improve”

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    One for the notebook

Never say never

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Socceroo Manager Graham Arnold was asked in the pre game World Cup qualifier press conference about his decision to call Nisbet into the Socceroo squad,
    so as you asked, rather than just listen to my opinion I thought his view on Nisbet might carry a bit more weight.

He said, word for word

“ He’s a very good kid and put that aside, he’s a very, very good player.
    He’s a smart player.
    He reads the game very well.
    You can see at the Mariners just even if you are not involved, you can see from the sideline and from afar watching it on TV that he’s a leader on the field.
    He’s coaching players.
    He’s scanning all the time.
    He makes smart runs and technically he’s good.
    So he’s not here just because he’s a good kid, he’s here because he’s a very good player.
    And my expectations are that he’ll improve”
    That sounds very positive, especially the leader bit. See if he's on our radar, could be a useful player. 👍

I'd take some convincing to swap Australia for Brexit Britain.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    No doubt that's a consideration, but I think in most cases money* and the chance to catch the eye of a bigger club in England/Europe are bigger considerations.

*I'm assuming we'd offer higher wages, but I've no idea what the money's like in the Australian league so I could be completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    No doubt that's a consideration, but I think in most cases money* and the chance to catch the eye of a bigger club in England/Europe are bigger considerations.

*I'm assuming we'd offer higher wages, but I've no idea what the money's like in the Australian league so I could be completely wrong.
    Yeah, these very often seem to be the greatest considerations.

A good footballer in Australia will hardly be on the breadline though and if it's someone who is smart, understands the "short career" nature of football and makes plans to do something after their football career then the benefits of staying there, bringing kids up there etc might be greater than lugging them around the world for 6 months here, a couple of years there.

In football terms, the cash very much seems to be on these shores. I just wonder if we'll ever see a reversal of the most recent trend of movement of players from Australia to here though?

I'm gutted I left it too late to make my own move there.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    All about a stepping stone to the bigger European leagues and given the amount of Aussies playing in our league it is a pretty common path. The language similar culture bar the weather plus a few friendly faces who they know already will help also.

I'd be disappointed if we weren't looking at better players than Josh Nisbet from Central Coast Mariners

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Did somebody mention weather? IMG_7546.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I'd be disappointed if we weren't looking at better players than Josh Nisbet from Central Coast Mariners
    Genuine question . Have you seen alot of him ?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Genuine question . Have you seen alot of him ?
    Evidently not.

I think he should be under serious consideration for signing. Nae mistake he’s the lynchpin as they charge to the top of the table again. Considering they shed half their team as well. Laddie must have something. And if he’s running down his contract then it’s a virtual free hit. Sign him up.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Did somebody mention weather? IMG_7546.jpg
    I'm Scottish. I couldn't function in those temperatures.

Nisbet will be fine here with some thermals.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I’ve got no doubt there were Aston Villa supporters who reacted exactly the same way when they first heard that their club may have been interested in signing what to them was an unknown John McGinn from Hibernian.

I reckon their management would have viewed it the way I kinda do with this possible target..the best player currently in his country, in the current national squad, highly thought of by the national coach, out of contract in 3 months so no transfer fee involved, and well thought of by those who have actually regularly seen him play……..

I’ve got no doubt we ARE also looking at better players than Josh…at least I hope we are ….and if every signing we make is of a better player than he is, then I’ll be a very happy man.

@hibs.net private member

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    Sounds like we would be a sensible move for him in terms of development.

We must be odds on to sign him. A player the manager knows, I’d be very surprised if we aren’t already in contact with him about coming over.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I’d be absolutely delighted if we signed him. He’s technically a very good footballer with good feet.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Sounds like we would be a sensible move for him in terms of development.
    Particularly with the Bournemouth link in place.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    We must be odds on to sign him. A player the manager knows, I’d be very surprised if we aren’t already in contact with him about coming over.
    Wouldn't be surprised either if we did try to get him especially when you see one of Monty's main January targets was Triantis another player he knew well too . Watched this earlier just a wee clip on him . Apologies if already seen. Looks like he's abit like Moriah Welsh in he's full of graft and abit of a terrier.
    https://youtu.be/qUz9wkjTUt0?si=-WSmoZZmlVyUavje

@hibs.net private member
    Wouldn't be surprised either if we did try to get him especially when you see one of Monty's main January targets was Triantis another player he knew well too . Watched this earlier just a wee clip on him . Apologies if already seen. Looks like he's abit like Moriah Welsh in he's full of graft and abit of a terrier.
    He’s genuinely got everything you’d want for an 8 in midfield but can also play in the 10 position.

I’d be delighted if we managed to get him. Will be disappointed if we don’t now to be honest haha.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I’d be absolutely delighted if we signed him. He’s technically a very good footballer with good feet.
    Same, if we managed to get him and the left back it would be a great start of the summer building, don’t know if both would be affordable but I’m greedy

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    Same, if we managed to get him and the left back it would be a great start of the summer building, don’t know if both would be affordable but I’m greedy
    Genuinely haven't seen Nisbet or Farrell play much, but we'll definitely be looking at a younger LB as I can see Stevenson leaving (gutted).Anyone any idea how Oscar MacIntyre is doing on loan? If he's doing well we might just go with him.

Loads of folk seem to be positive on Nisbet and with his links to Monty and his desire to play in Europe can see it happening.

Watch "are you serious" You Tube short.
    It may change your mind.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Genuinely haven't seen Nisbet or Farrell play much, but we'll definitely be looking at a younger LB as I can see Stevenson leaving (gutted).Anyone any idea how Oscar MacIntyre is doing on loan? If he's doing well we might just go with him.

Loads of folk seem to be positive on Nisbet and with his links to Monty and his desire to play in Europe can see it happening.
    I’d be surprised if championship clubs haven’t noticed Farrell if I’m being honest with myself , Middlesbrough and Sunderland have done a bit business over there recently it would be something if they or others haven’t noticed him, looks to have it all imo.

Nisbet has quality as well adding him and having NMW Newell Amos Levitt Campbell all signed would be good options possibly lacking in physicality for our league though would probably still need to find a holder type

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    A word of warning though about anything put out by this London based….yes, London based ‘journalist’.

If you believed everything he writes Josh Nisbet would already be a Melbourne City player, and he claimed Hibs had opted for Monty as manager, because he had ‘impressed current owner Ron Gordon’……despite the fact that Ron had passed away months earlier.

My view on Nisbet is clear….I see him as a welcome addition and had he been playing in the Scottish championship say, he would have been snapped up by now by one of our competitors.

The other player mentioned..Farrell…would be a great understudy to Jordan Obita in his first season, and a future outstanding SPL player after that.

I’d be surprised if both players don’t move at the end of the season..however, while Nisbet will be a free agent, Farrell has a year on his contract and any move would involve a transfer fee.

Both players would most definitely improve our squad.

Two players in this article I thought you might be able to tell us abit about Fred ? .
    https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...nsfer-28903392

Coaching Staff
    Two players in this article I thought you might be able to tell us abit about Fred ? .
    https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...nsfer-28903392
    Ballard is an ok player….his Dad is a former French rugby international.
    He’s starting to blossom this season, but not yet to the point where I’d recommend Hibs sign him.

Steele is another I do not think would most likely add value to our current squad.

I’ve said enough about Nisbet probably, and live in hope of an announcement, but have also been and still am a strong advocate of Hibs signing Farrell.

He’s the best left back in Oz, a shy laddie who looks like a skinny malinky…but is as tough as nails and tackles as hard as the closing of a crocodile’jaws!
    Monte coached him through the Mariners Academy and there is a strong mutual respect there.

He’s arguably still a bit raw, but would definitely improve at ER and would push Obita all the way for starting position imho.

Definitely one I’d like to see us go for, although we’d probably have to part with a hefty fee to get him this season, whereas we could sign him for nowt when his contract expires this time next year……although I think it’s likely a European club try to sign him this coming summer window, so if we wait, we probably lose out.

Again…..all the above my opinion…from having seen them all perform many times, both on the telly, and in the flesh.no doubt others may have different views.

Ballard is an ok player….his Dad is a former French rugby international.
    He’s starting to blossom this season, but not yet to the point where I’d recommend Hibs sign him.

Steele is another I do not think would most likely add value to our current squad.

I’ve said enough about Nisbet probably, and live in hope of an announcement, but have also been and still am a strong advocate of Hibs signing Farrell.

He’s the best left back in Oz, a shy laddie who looks like a skinny malinky…but is as tough as nails and tackles as hard as the closing of a crocodile’jaws!
    Monte coached him through the Mariners Academy and there is a strong mutual respect there.

He’s arguably still a bit raw, but would definitely improve at ER and would push Obita all the way for starting position imho.

Definitely one I’d like to see us go for, although we’d probably have to part with a hefty fee to get him this season, whereas we could sign him for nowt when his contract expires this time next year……although I think it’s likely a European club try to sign him this coming summer window, so if we wait, we probably lose out.

Again…..all the above my opinion…from having seen them all perform many times, both on the telly, and in the flesh.no doubt others may have different views.
    Thanks Fred , your opinion is very much appreciated 👍.
    For those like myself who maybe didn't see CCM lately . Highlights here of their last game . Nisbet with a goal and a assist.
    https://aleagues.com.au/videos/id/ma...6348616649112/

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty

I’d not be spending any money on a left back. Any money spent should go on positions we need filled in my opinion. Centre half for a start.

The guy might be great, but we’ve already got a good left back, and we can only play one.