hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Coaching Staff

Josh Nisbet Speculation

Think the speculation of Nisbet joining Hibs at the end of the season can probably be put to rest.

Yet to be confirmed but reports beginning to surface that he has agreed to join Melbourne City for next season when his contract expires in June.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Thought for one minute Josh Doig and Kevin Nisbet were coming back now we’ve got some dough

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'm happy with this, I hope the club will be looking at better than him in the summer, no point being minted and bringing in the same type of players as before.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Nae point in bringing in players NM wants for next season when he won’t be here

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Not presenting this as evidence of his ability but he missed possibly one of the easiest open goals I've ever seen a few weeks ago.

Top player. Shame we are missing out on him. Loads of drive and desire.

if had enough of the Ozzie market of a while...

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No trying to be a smart arse but if he was that good he wouldn’t be staying in Australia surely
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    No trying to be a smart arse but if he was that good he wouldn’t be staying in Australia surely

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Think the speculation of Nisbet joining Hibs at the end of the season can probably be put to rest.

Yet to be confirmed but reports beginning to surface that he has agreed to join Melbourne City for next season when his contract expires in June.
    Any talk about Jacob Farrell over there , Fred?

As someone else said I've had enough of the Aus market for a while. The standard leaves a bit to be desired and the style of play seems to be a lot different to here.

On Nisbet as well he's not gotten a single senior cap for Australia yet and that's with Keanu Baccus getting ahead of him who is in and out of the St Mirren starting line up.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    As someone else said I've had enough of the Aus market for a while. The standard leaves a bit to be desired and the style of play seems to be a lot different to here.

On Nisbet as well he's not gotten a single senior cap for Australia yet and that's with Keanu Baccus getting ahead of him who is in and out of the St Mirren starting line up.
    Had enough of a market our manager hasn’t used? this investment we’ve had isn’t going to take us into a different market for players we’ll be shopping in the same place as Aberdeen and hearts still with a bit more clout to compete on wages, hearts have successfully taken 4 players from that league off top of my head that have improved them, not something we should be turning our noses up at imo

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    Had enough of a market our manager hasn’t used? this investment we’ve had isn’t going to take us into a different market for players we’ll be shopping in the same place as Aberdeen and hearts still with a bit more clout to compete on wages, hearts have successfully taken 4 players from that league off top of my head that have improved them, not something we should be turning our noses up at imo
    My point wasn't initially a dig at the manager, I just don't think the A-League is a particularly good standard of league personally. Similar to signing guys from League 2 in England where unless they're standout good they don't really improve us beyond where we are currently. They have to be real standouts to come translate what they're doing well over here in my opinion. It's for some reason became a fashionable choice for clubs in our league to go to the A-League and grab guys either on the cusp of international call ups or that have had one or two.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    We don’t really know if that’s the case yet. I’d argue there’s no chance either of them would’ve signed Myziane or Emiliano in January.

I'm raging/delighted a player I have never seen play and had never heard of until I read his name on here a couple of months ago won't be signing.

FFS/well done Hibs.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm raging/delighted a player I have never seen play and had never heard of until I read his name on here a couple of months ago won't be signing.

FFS/well done Hibs.
    I hate being bipolar, it’s ****ing brilliant.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Bit like Scott Brown with the Celtic then. Some players are happy in their skin & surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Bit like Scott Brown with the Celtic then. Some players are happy in their skin & surroundings.
    Couldn’t give any less of a **** about Scott brown if I tried so unsure of the relevance there. However there is a big difference in playing in the champions league every year and winning trophies (admittedly difficult not to playing with Celtic) to staying in the footballing backwater that is the A League
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Couldn’t give any less of a **** about Scott brown if I tried so unsure of the relevance there. However there is a big difference in playing in the champions league every year and winning trophies (admittedly difficult not to playing with Celtic) to staying in the footballing backwater that is the A League
    The relevance there is maybe the lad is happy where he is and dosent feel the need to move on. Simple isn't it ?

The relevance there is maybe the lad is happy where he is and dosent feel the need to move on. Simple isn't it ?
    If you say so 😊

If you say so 😊

I’ve watched him for 2 years. He’d be a first pick for us.

@hibs.net private member
    Currently he would, however if we are wanting to be levels above then nope he wouldnt, if based on the level of player we signed in January then he would be way below that standard

If we wanted to fanny about fighting to get into top 6 then yeah he would be decent, Ive watched a lot of him too, lads a grafter who gives 100%

Coaching Staff
    If he was that good he wouldn’t be staying in Australian football. End of story.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    If he was that good he wouldn’t be staying in Australian football. End of story.
    Maybe he is comfortable staying where he is

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We have a few players who are first picks, it's no biggy.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Surely if he was a top player he would have been capped by now?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Maybe he is comfortable staying where he is
    That’s very true Jim and it isn’t a criticism of a player if that’s what suits him - but if he’s an ambitious player and one that wants to get to the top he ain’t doing that in that league that’s for sure. I watched a couple of games to see what the hype was and saw absolutely nothing that he would offer. Energetic, covers the pitch, gets forward when he can - that’s all I saw - and that’s a bare minimum for any pro footballer. Absolutely nothing startling or anything that would get me off my seat or thinking he’d be a good signing.

Coaching Staff
    Depends on the individual surely.

Maybe he just doesn’t want to swap the lifestyle in Australia for Scotland for not much more money that he would earn at Melbourne City?

Pretty sure he would have had offers from overseas before.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875Sean View Post
    Surely if he was a top player he would have been capped by now?
    He’s in the squad for the World Cup fixture next week.