hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Hearts given 50/50 split v Rangers and Aberdeen rejected for 50/50 split v Celtic

The only explanation you can give for this is that Aberdeen are being punished for complaining last time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only explanation you can give for this is that Aberdeen are being punished for complaining last time.
    Aberdeen are never in a million years taking 20,000 to Glasgow for lunchtime kickoff, which is the SFA's explanation isn't it?

Hearts can at least to claim to have a semblance of a chance of selling their allocation, though I'd imagine they'll fall a fair bit short.

Then it comes down to fairness, which is a different kettle of fish admittedly.

Disgusting approach. Each club should be given a window to sell 50% of tickets. The remainder are returned and given to opponents if necessary.

Celtic vs livi was 3/4 full in the last round. Same for the other cheek vs Ayr in an earlier round. They've a cheek calling us all out, considering the size of their supports

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    Aberdeen are never in a million years taking 20,000 to Glasgow for lunchtime kickoff, which is the SFA's explanation isn't it?

Hearts can at least to claim to have a semblance of a chance of selling their allocation, though I'd imagine they'll fall a fair bit short.

Then it comes down to fairness, which is a different kettle of fish admittedly.
    With Hearts vast waiting list I'm quite surprised they didn't demand even more. Big club and all that.

Boils my piss. Every club, regardless of size should be offered 50% of a neutral venue, and then adjustments made from there if tickets can’t be sold.

£35000 Cost oer 1000 unsold tickets taking average price

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Disgusting approach. Each club should be given a window to sell 50% of tickets. The remainder are returned and given to opponents if necessary.

Celtic vs livi was 3/4 full in the last round. Same for the other cheek vs Ayr in an earlier round. They've a cheek calling us all out, considering the size of their supports
    Celtic had 27k empty seats in the last round

Neutral venue they say.

“Well you’re not getting a 50/50 split because the Bhoys.. ahem, Celtic will sell more tickets than you. Also you’ll be sitting in the west stand because the east stand is the Celtic end.

Hail hail, I mean, kind regards.

SFA”

Hearts will sell their allocation Aberdeen won't. Don't really see the issue.

Suppose they could have given Aberdeen an initial 25k and given them a deadline to sell them before giving them to Celtic. I doubt they'll have much more than 12k there.
    Last edited by Since452; 14-03-2024 at 02:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post

Suppose they could have given Aberdeen an initial 25k and given them a deadline to sell them before giving them to Celtic. I doubt they'll have much more than 12k there.
    Hearts will be nowhere near selling their allocation imo

First Team Breakthrough
    I doubt hearts or Aberdeen would sell their allocation out but regardless any team that wants 50% for a semi or final should get it even if it means empty seats. It's a neutral ground.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Hearts will be nowhere near selling their allocation imo
    I'm sure they sold 25k against us in 2022. Maybe because they knew they'd win right enough.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Rude View Post
    I doubt hearts or Aberdeen would sell their allocation out but regardless any team that wants 50% for a semi or final should get it even if it means empty seats. It's a neutral ground.
    I thought that in the Scottish Cup they started from the 50/50 premise, unless the club (Aberdeen) say they can't sell them?

Different in League Cup.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    I'm sure they sold 25k against us in 2022. Maybe because they knew they'd win right enough.
    11k they sold against Celtic in the 2012 SC semi
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Hearts fans turned up and sold our semi in 2022. That's evidence that they can do it. Aberdeen and sadly Hibs don't have this evidence and will keep getting knocked back vs old firm.

Its embarrassing that its not the norm, but we gave the SFA the chance to do it and they did it.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jakedance View Post
    Boils my piss. Every club, regardless of size should be offered 50% of a neutral venue, and then adjustments made from there if tickets can’t be sold.
    1000% this. Anything else is corruption pure and simple.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Dont Hearts normally sell around 12k-14k tops against any of the bigots at Hampden semi finals?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Hearts fans turned up and sold our semi in 2022. That's evidence that they can do it. Aberdeen and sadly Hibs don't have this evidence and will keep getting knocked back vs old firm.

Its embarrassing that its not the norm, but we gave the SFA the chance to do it and they did it.
    How are clubs supposed to get the evidence for selling out tickets if they are denied the opportunity though?
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Dont Hearts normally sell around 12k-14k tops against any of the bigots at Hampden semi finals?
    Exactly. No chance they are selling 50% for this. Hibs Hertz and Dons have all sold 25k plus when the circumstances were right....against OF...nah. ps meant 25k at Hampden...not necessarily at semi final.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Plus Hearts benefactor subbing Scottish Fitba during COVID probably helped….?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I really hope hertz do sell their allocation, this is a moment where the bigwigs at SFA will sneer and say told you so or hertz can sell out and give them the big finger. Cant believe I want hertz to win, jings,crivvens, help ma boab

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Plus Hearts benefactor subbing Scottish Fitba during COVID probably helped….?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Hearts at least have a fighting chance of selling theirs out, Aberdeen will be nowhere near it. Just had a look and there's 5 trains from Aberdeen to get you in to Queen Street before 12 - one of these leaves at 5.30am.

That game at 2pm would have given them a much better chance to sell more tickets.

Agree 100% though that clubs should be given the chance to sell half before it is taken away. It's totally unfair.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    How are clubs supposed to get the evidence for selling out tickets if they are denied the opportunity though?
    Well, it didn't help that when we were offered only 17.5k for the 2021 LC final, we complained and were given another 2000 tickets (still less than celtic) which we then failed to sell out.

That said, morally it's wrong. Neutral venue means starting at 50/50.

Anything else and the natural end result is finals and semi finals which resemble a home game for the old firm

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    Well, it didn't help that when we were offered only 17.5k for the 2021 LC final, we complained and were given another 2000 tickets (still less than celtic) which we then failed to sell out.

Anything else and the natural end result is finals and semi finals which resemble a home game for the old firm
    We came pretty close did we not? I can't picture 2000 or so empty seats at that game.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar

Covid had a bit to do with that

@hibs.net private member

That was at the height of Omicron just before Christmas. A lot of people didn't want to endanger the family Christmas, especially with what had gone on with Covid the previous two years. Fwiw, I was there, but drove through, not risking supporters bus or public transport.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    We came pretty close did we not? I can't picture 2000 or so empty seats at that game.
    We did come close. I think we had just over 19,000 at that match, a few hundred un-sold, which in the circumstances mentioned above, was a good turnout

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    They aren't denied the opportunity. We've had the Opportunity to sell half the ground plenty of times.

Aberdeen this season, nowhere near it.
    Hearts 2022, nope - Hearts sold it no problem.
    Aberdeen 2017, nope
    Dundee United 2016, nope
    Celtic 2017 league cup, nope

Our crowds for semis are poor generally. This is the consequence. Those than bother and genuinely want a ticket will get one in a 19k allocation.

I don't agree with this at all, but we've had plenty chances to sell it and failed.

Aberdeen got the same offer as Hearts. They were offered the 50-50 split but they had to agree to paying for any unsold tickets.
    Hearts agreed Aberdeen did not