hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yan Dhanda

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I loved it when Benjelloun did it.
    One of the best saves Zibbi ever made.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I loved it when Benjelloun did it.
    And Cummings.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Incredible naive….🤣

He doesn’t give them the w****r sign.

The Hibs fans are right behind the goal and yes he’s went towards them, but he’s put his arms up and that’s it. He’s directly infront of the fans for a matter of seconds.

Of course he knows it will annoy fans, that doesn’t mean what he’s doing is wrong.

Fans are the quickest to dish out abuse but when a player does anything start greeting about it, it’s pathetic.

People speak about wanting players to have personality etc then get offended when someone does a very mild celebration infront of them.
    Normally I'd agree with you UW. I thought Shankland's reaction to the pie incident was pretty funny. Kris Boyd used to do it well too. However, I thought last night's 'celebrations' given the lead up to their goal were well OTT right in front of B7 guys and went on for ages.

Quite right.

I’ve a feeling he’s a player that might irritate us a bit more next couple of seasons but if it’s for the fun stuff in football then fair enough.

We’ve far bigger issues in our game than players celebrating goals.

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Rangers player at weekend left field of play to celebrate his goal and was not booked either.
    Simply leaving the pitch is NOT a yellow card offence.
    It becomes a booking if actions are viewed as provocative or inflammatory...
    Taking shirt off... or even sticking shirt over yer heid (which is ludicrous).
    Climbing on the perimeter fence... so probably not the advertising boards in front. The sitting thing seems quite fashionable at the moment.
    Not returning to the pitch promptly... How quick will be at the ref's discretion.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Tin hat on but quite enjoy Shankland’s pantomime goal celebrations against us

He is at the wind up but it’s all part of the craic

Did well to avoid the slings and arrows before his recent penalty at Tiny

I do not think he complained about it even although it was well out of order and unsporting from our support

Might be wrong but seemed to take it in good heart probably realising it was never a pen in the first place

Hopefully won’t have to put up with many more

Boys going to Hearts in the summer and scored a 98th minute equaliser against us.

If I was a footballer and scored in the 98th minute against Hearts I’d be liable to do something that would get me sent off.

I think that Dhanda will just be a bench warmer for that lot next season, he wasn’t ever a starter for County last night.

Quote Originally Posted by big-mo View Post
    I think that Dhanda will just be a bench warmer for that lot next season, he wasn’t ever a starter for County last night.
    I don’t know why he doesn’t start, the last few times he’s come on against us he has completely changed the game.

We would be loving it if it were the other way round.

Hardly something to get upset about.

@hibs.net private member Bad Habits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    I don’t know why he doesn’t start, the last few times he’s come on against us he has completely changed the game.
    He's been injured recently, think yesterday was his first game back in the squad.
    Last edited by Bad Habits; 14-03-2024 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Today to Yesterday

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I'm more annoyed at our half arsed approach to defending the lead and seeing the game out to be honest.....

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    That type of celebration in front of opposition fans used to be a regulation booking, but in recent seasons it seems to not be an offence anymore. I really don't understand why you wouldn't rather celebrate a goal like that with your own fans. Frank Sauzee showed how to properly celebrate when he ran the length of the pitch at Tynie in 1999 to celebrate in front of the Hibs fans. That's what a real man would do.
    Remember when the Hearts player Ryan Stevenson scored in the cup a few seasons ago at Easter Road, he was booked for running to the centre line celebrating?
    We all had a great laugh at that at the time.

He looks like an arrogant prick,should suit the charity thieves

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Haven't seen his celebration but noticed there have been one or two recently against us that looked like they would attract the referee's attention and then didn't.

I'd say this, I'd be entirely unsurprised if one of our players performed exactly one of these celebrations in front of opposition fans and got booked for it where others haven't been.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Tin hat on but quite enjoy Shankland’s pantomime goal celebrations against us

He is at the wind up but it’s all part of the craic

Did well to avoid the slings and arrows before his recent penalty at Tiny

I do not think he complained about it even although it was well out of order and unsporting from our support

Might be wrong but seemed to take it in good heart probably realising it was never a pen in the first place

Hopefully won’t have to put up with many more
    I have to admit that I’m struggling to hate Shankland as much as I feel I should. He just seems like a young guy who enjoys playing football. Just a pity about the Tefal head and the 1690 tattoo …

Dhanda should get a ban for his actions. It should start from the beginning of his contract with Hearts and last for a number of games which is one more than the maximum he could play during his contract with them. Naturally Hearts will have to pay his contracted salary during the ban.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Jeez some sensitive souls on here. If a pre-contract signing for us went and stuck an injury time equaliser in against Hearts I’d be loving it if he did what Dhanda did.

I have zero issue with what Dhanda did, would find it hilarious if he was signing for us and did it to Hearts and I'd lap it up if any of our players did it to them in a derby.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    Remember when the Hearts player Ryan Stevenson scored in the cup a few seasons ago at Easter Road, he was booked for running to the centre line celebrating?
    We all had a great laugh at that at the time.
    Not sure what point you are trying to make, sorry.
    Last edited by LaMotta; 14-03-2024 at 10:30 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Not sure what point you are trying to make, sorry.
    Point I'm making is, the referee discretion is what we are talking about.
    On Wednesday night Dhanda scored with the last kick of the ball no booking, other one was in the middle of the game and booked on the way to the centre.
    I think rightly or wrongly, players should be allowed to celebrate goals where ever they are on the pitch, it's part of the game.
    Problem I had with Wednesday night was, I think the ref knew he was about to blow the whistle and let it slide?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by big-mo View Post
    Aye he has Fabian Yantorno vibes and quite happy the ***** are shopping for relegation fodder playmakers

Coaching Staff
    Hibs have some thin skined fans following the club these days