hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Biffo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, but I just don't get a lot of the negative comments on here. Surely credit should be due that he spotted his original plan wasn't working and then changed it, a change that saw us control the game and score 2 good goals!

What happened at the end with the throw-in was a joke and should never have happened, but the players switched off as a result and were punished for it.

People on here simply do not like Montgomery and never have from the day he walked in. We've played some pretty good football in games recently, and I think he deserves some credit for that despite not always getting the results those displays have deserved.

That's only my opinion, of course.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk
    An opinion I and many others would agree with. I feel for the guy with all that's happened in recent games. To lose another late goal in that manner , well we all know how it felt.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Not the 11 professional footballers that should be fully concentrating until the final whistle no ? Had they been fully concentrating on their job and not arguing the throw in decision it was an avoidable goal - that’s down to the players and captain not the manager.
    By that rationale it’s never the managers fault if we win or lose?

And how is it the captains fault if someone loses their man but not the managers?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    People on here simply do not like Montgomery and never have from the day he walked in.
    That’s a complete load of horse ****. School playground level nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    That’s a complete load of horse ****. School playground level nonsense.
    I don't think it is, look back to when he's appointed I'm sure you'll find a few on here who didn't want him.

As I said, it was my opinion, and I stand by it.

I fail to see what is playground level about it though?

Maybe could try and start a conversation about it though rather than just attacking what I said?

Feel free to explain your disagreement by all means but don't just reject my opinion as playground nonsense. That in itself is "playground level nonsense"

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    As I said, it was my opinion, and I stand by it.

I fail to see what is playground level about it though?

Maybe could try and start a conversation about it though rather than just attacking what I said?

Feel free to explain your disagreement by all means but don't just reject my opinion as playground nonsense. That in itself is "playground level nonsense"

Your insuation is that some people dont like Monty, never have from the start and are therefore just criticising him because they made their mind up when he was appointed.

Do you really believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Your insuation is that some people dont like Monty, never have from the start and are therefore just criticising him because they made their mind up when he was appointed.

Do you really believe that?
    I certainly do.Some posters have been on his case since the start.

Personally I think he’s made lots of mistakes and he takes a long time to learn from them.Playing the central striker set up again after it failed against Rangers was a very poor decision.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Yup, I don't know where people get that idea from, it doesn't make sense.

I didn't really see why we went for NM in the first place and nothing that's happened since he arrived has made me think he's the right man for the job.

I don't think I'm against him though. I want him to succeed but just don't think he will, so I'd rather we get someone else in.

There's no agenda and it's absurd for anyone to suggest that people with similar views to mine, want him to fail to make ourselves feel better.

I think we would stand a better chance of success with someone else as manger. It really is as simple as that for me, and I think, quite a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Yup, I don't know where people get that idea from, it doesn't make sense.

I didn't really see why we went for NM in the first place and nothing that's happened since he arrived has made me think he's the right man for the job.

I don't think I'm against him though. I want him to succeed but just don't think he will, so I'd rather we get someone else in.

There's no agenda and it's absurd for anyone to suggest that people with similar views to mine, want him to fail to make ourselves feel better.

I think we would stand a better chance of success with someone else as manger. It really is as simple as that for me, and I think, quite a few others.
    That's where I am. Didn't understand the clamour for him to be appointed, but I actually quite like him, seems like a good guy and I really want him to succeed. But there are serious reservations so far about his suitability based on a number of decisions he has made, particularly during games.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I certainly do.Some posters have been on his case since the start.

Personally I think he’s made lots of mistakes and he takes a long time to learn from them.Playing the central striker set up again after it failed against Rangers was a very poor decision.
    I don't think anyone was on his case in the early days of his tenure? I think people have just been reacting to what they see.

Absolutely, I believe that.

I have seen nothing to make me think differently.

Every time we drop points, it's the same things being said, and it's been that way from the early days of his appointment.

Are some of the criticisms valid? I'm sure we could agree that some might be, but when things have happened beyond his control, he still seems to find himself in the firing line, and I don't think it's entirely fair.

Feel free to disagree, but please don't describe my comments as playground level when they are clearly not.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    I don't think anyone was on his case in the early days of his tenure? I think people have just been reacting to what they see.
    Nah, I do think there were folk on his case early on and clearly don't like him. Though I'd say it's the same with basically every manager and don't think Montgomery has been treated any differently.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Nah, I do think there were folk on his case early on and clearly don't like him. Though I'd say it's the same with basically every manager and don't think Montgomery has been treated any differently.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I agree.
    There were no posts in the early days of the Monty games unfairly going for him. Look back, you wont find them.

He was appointed on the 11 September and the first time he was really questioned (mildly) was after the Rangers humping at Ibrox on the 21st October. The trio of games from 31 October to 8 November ( Ross County home, Aberdeen Semi and St Mirren away) then saw some justified questioning of decision making, tactics and performances from people. The idea that he was being pilloried from day one from a group of anti Monty posters is nonsense - lets not turn that into a Hibs.net myth.

Gamer IDs

There were no posts in the early days of the Monty games unfairly going for him. Look back, you wont find them.

He was appointed on the 11 September and the first time he was really questioned (mildly) was after the Rangers humping at Ibrox on the 21st October. The trio of games from 31 October to 8 November ( Ross County home, Aberdeen Semi and St Mirren away) then saw some justified questioning of decision making, tactics and performances from people. The idea that he was being pilloried from day one from a group of anti Monty posters is nonsense - lets not turn that into a Hibs.net myth.
    I don't need to look back, I know there were posts. Maybe not immediately after the Killie draw. But the chat of coming from the A League etc and not having a plan B started pretty sharpish.

Again, probably from folk who didn't want him in the first place. Which again I dont think is any different to what LJ would have experienced.

I don't need to look back, I know there were posts. Maybe not immediately after the Killie draw. But the chat of coming from the A League etc and not having a plan B started pretty sharpish.

Again, probably from folk who didn't want him in the first place. Which again I dont think is any different to what LJ would have experienced.
    That's because you've made your mind up on that. It isnt true though. As I said the first semblance of any criticism came after the Huns game in late October.

Gamer IDs

That's because you've made your mind up on that. It isnt true though. As I said the first semblance of any criticism came after the Huns game in late October.
    Aw come on. Montgomery wasn't criticized on here (after becoming manager) before October?

Aw come on. Montgomery wasn't criticized on here (after becoming manager) before October?
    No certainly not unfairly for tactics, performances, decision making, results as you and others are making out.

There were people who were sceptical about his appointment, but that's a totally different thing. There was some reasonable questioning of his subs in the St Mirren quarter final. The idea though that people were out to get him because they simply didn't like him is way off IMO.

Gamer IDs

No certainly not unfairly for tactics, performances, decision making, results as you and others are making out.

There were people who were sceptical about his appointment, but that's a totally different thing. There was some reasonable questioning of his subs in the St Mirren quarter final. The idea though that people were out to get him because they simply didn't like him is way off IMO.
    To be honest I don't think I am making that out. The point I've made from the start is some folk take to a manager and give them time and others never wanted that manager to begin with and give them no leeway (football fans are mental) I don't think Montgomery is any different in that respect.

I actually think LJ more than any other manager I can think of suffered from your second point (people were out to get him because they simply didn't like him) more than any other manager I can think of. I include myself in that.

To be honest I don't think I am making that out. The point I've made from the start is some folk take to a manager and give them time and others never wanted that manager to begin with and give them no leeway (football fans are mental) I don't think Montgomery is any different in that respect.

I actually think LJ more than any other manager I can think of suffered from your second point (people were out to get him because they simply didn't like him) more than any other manager I can think of. I include myself in that.
    I think Monty is really quite likeable TBH. I certainly like him and want him to do well.

People are always sceptical of managerial appointments. Nobody is really 100% accepted, not that I can remember at least.

But there's a difference between being sceptical and being negative.

I said people didn't like him since he got the job, I didn't mention tactics or anything else.

There was suggestion he should be slaughtered if he didn't win his 1st game away to Kilmarnock so I'd say you're wrong, again.

upload image link

Gamer IDs

There was suggestion he should be slaughtered if he didn't win his 1st game away to Kilmarnock so I'd say you're wrong, again.

upload image link
    I'm sure whatever I said after that was intelligent, right and cool. No one check please.

upload image link
    Absolutely nothing to suggest that the poster doesn't like Monty. Some very reasonable points in it. I would say that it's you who is wrong again.

Absolutely nothing to suggest that the poster doesn't like Monty. Some very reasonable points in it. I would say that it's you who is wrong again.
    I'll accept that as an admission you got it wrong this time. 👍

I'll accept that as an admission you got it wrong this time. 👍

Bye bye banana man.

Bye bye banana man.