hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What would Montgomery going nuts after every match achieve?
    Maybe he should applaud the referee off the park and give them a bunch of flowers?

Joking apart, he just comes across as a wet blanket, what referee or SFA bigot will be bothered by his mundane drivel. Sometimes the louder you shout and the more you shout about the injustice it might be an issue and maybe give the refs a second thought before bringing more wrath onto themselves.
    Kind of like what Rangers and Celtic do.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Maybe he should applaud the referee off the park and give them a bunch of flowers?

Joking apart, he just comes across as a wet blanket, what referee or SFA bigot will be bothered by his mundane drivel. Sometimes the louder you shout and the more you shout about the injustice it might be an issue and maybe give the refs a second thought before bringing more wrath onto themselves.
    At some point it’s going to have to be spoken about,it’s every game now we are on the end of some horrendous refereeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Biffo View Post
    Sorry, but I just don't get a lot of the negative comments on here. Surely credit should be due that he spotted his original plan wasn't working and then changed it, a change that saw us control the game and score 2 good goals!

What happened at the end with the throw-in was a joke and should never have happened, but the players switched off as a result and were punished for it.

People on here simply do not like Montgomery and never have from the day he walked in. We've played some pretty good football in games recently, and I think he deserves some credit for that despite not always getting the results those displays have deserved.

That's only my opinion, of course.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk
    I agree.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Doing what Rangers and Celtic do doesn't work for us because we are not Rangers or Celtic. It didn't work for Lennon, all that happened was he had to watch numerous games from the stand and Clancy gave even more decisions against us. On the plus side, IIRC, we had a record of something like 10 wins and 2 draws in the games where Lennon was banned from the dugout.

It's not just the points directly lost due to bad decisions, it impacts the confidence that we'd get from a good run. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the numerous bad decisions has caused a build up of frustration amongst the players and was a contributing factor in the 2 red cards v Rangers.
    I agree and if that is the case it's not been an easy time for our manager or his staff and maybe they need our support more now .
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 14-03-2024 at 12:47 AM.

Doing what Rangers and Celtic do doesn't work for us because we are not Rangers or Celtic. It didn't work for Lennon, all that happened was he had to watch numerous games from the stand and Clancy gave even more decisions against us. On the plus side, IIRC, we had a record of something like 10 wins and 2 draws in the games where Lennon was banned from the dugout.
    So we curl up and say “sorry sir, you must be right, whatever you say we’ll just go on with, it must have been a penalty if you say so” “happy Christmas to all, come and get your presents”. Nah we really need ti grow some balls.

So we curl up and say “sorry sir, you must be right, whatever you say we’ll just go on with, it must have been a penalty if you say so” “happy Christmas to all, come and get your presents”. Nah we really need ti grow some balls.
    I'm not saying that. I'm talking about Montgomery's post match interviews.

If the club are trying to do something about bigotry they might as well also try and do something about the ridiculous situation with 90+% of officials coming from the Glasgow and nearby associations who are too scared to referee games properly because they live amongst all the nutters.
    Last edited by 007; 14-03-2024 at 12:46 AM.

Sorry, but I just don't get a lot of the negative comments on here. Surely credit should be due that he spotted his original plan wasn't working and then changed it, a change that saw us control the game and score 2 good goals!

What happened at the end with the throw-in was a joke and should never have happened, but the players switched off as a result and were punished for it.

People on here simply do not like Montgomery and never have from the day he walked in. We've played some pretty good football in games recently, and I think he deserves some credit for that despite not always getting the results those displays have deserved.

My opinion too . Good post Biffo 👍

Looked totally gutted in the Interview, good half time sub, and dominated the second half, cruel ending
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Looked totally gutted in the Interview, good half time sub, and dominated the second half, cruel ending
    He probably knows it is eventually going to cost him his job.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Issue is Rangers and Celtic can do we can't

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I think he's fuming and has been told not to go overboard.

That's how it seemed to me.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's not just the points directly lost due to bad decisions, it impacts the confidence that we'd get from a good run. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the numerous bad decisions has caused a build up of frustration amongst the players and was a contributing factor in the 2 red cards v Rangers.
    I actually think it's got to the point where it's totally in our players heads, the ref bias. You can see them being timid in tackles, the defenders particularly, as they instinctively feel that a red card will come out as soon as an opposition player hits the deck.

Half our team look terrified of tackling.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Agree
    Wouldn't it be better if his plan wasn't so obviously wrong in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I think he's fuming and has been told not to go overboard.

Clearly this probably cannot believe what he has done to be treated so shambolicly by part time officials who are clearly incompetent at what they do.

Coaching Staff

Sssssshhhh don’t speak sense mate, won’t go down well today. After all, with 10 outfield players including a full defence still on the pitch, still be able to fully concentrate, close down space, defend a cross and do the simple thing in football and mark and pick up your man, of course it’s the managers fault 😂

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if his plan wasn't so obviously wrong in the first place?
    Matter of opinion we played ok against Rangers with similar set up. Changed it and we were much better. Probably concern whether Alf fit enough to start a game at present.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Sssssshhhh don’t speak sense mate, won’t go down well today. After all, with 10 outfield players including a full defence still on the pitch, still be able to fully concentrate, close down space, defend a cross and do the simple thing in football and mark and pick up your man, of course it’s the managers fault 😂
    Absolutely

Left by mutual consent!
    If it was a one off then you can put it down to player error. The fact it happens regularly is down to our ineffectual manager.

Welsh was a massive loss last night, didn't help

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    If it was a one off then you can put it down to player error. The fact it happens regularly is down to our ineffectual manager.
    Not the 11 professional footballers that should be fully concentrating until the final whistle no ? Had they been fully concentrating on their job and not arguing the throw in decision it was an avoidable goal - that’s down to the players and captain not the manager.

Am still raging at the two preventable goals we conceded
    Add to that we rarely score three goals in a game and it’s clear why we haven’t won many games under Monty
    But losing late goals is nothing new for us Cadden reaction to Youan fir just strolling back and not getting to Yanda showed he cared
    Why did Monty leave him on when we know he is likely to do that
    Stevenson would of bust a gut to get back

The Team just seemed to switch off collectively then when we realised what was happening players were all over the shop
    Triantis going off was a blow as he had been immense in his new role Thoughtbi better finish on.a positive

Left by mutual consent!
    Not the 11 professional footballers that should be fully concentrating until the final whistle no ? Had they been fully concentrating on their job and not arguing the throw in decision it was an avoidable goal - that’s down to the players and captain not the manager.
    Well maybe if the manager could pick a starting 11 that made sense we wouldn't need to be defending a throw in at that point to win the game?

You like NM, I really don't. Best just leave it at that. 👍

First Team Regular
    Match and VAR officials really seem to have it in for us. There are two factors which I think are significant. Firstly, we are an Edinburgh team. I know from experience just how deep the animosity is against the city throughout Scotland can be. Secondly, we have Irish Catholic origins. Before anyone mentions Celtic are similar and they seem to do quite well; they are just too big and powerful to be repressed. Unfortunately not so for Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    Match and VAR officials really seem to have it in for us. There are two factors which I think are significant. Firstly, we are an Edinburgh team. I know from experience just how deep the animosity is against the city throughout Scotland can be. Secondly, we have Irish Catholic origins. Before anyone mentions Celtic are similar and they seem to do quite well; they are just too big and powerful to be repressed. Unfortunately not so for Hibs.
    I always insist to Celtic fans that there origins lay 100% in Edinburgh. They don't like that one bit.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    The manager left a man on the pitch who cannot be trusted to concentrate on his defensive job fully, and has proved that several times this season already he has it in him to cost us points late on in games by failing to do so. That is a clear managerial mistake.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    The manager left a man on the pitch who cannot be trusted to concentrate on his defensive job fully, and has proved that several times this season already he has it in him to cost us points late on in games by failing to do so. That is a clear managerial mistake.
    His biggest mistake was starting without a recognised striker against a team who were always gonna play stuffy, hard to beat and defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by DinkyTwo View Post
    No issue at all with what he's said.

Clearly trying to not say (like the past few post game interviews) we've been a bit shafted by a crucial refereeing decision.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    Yup .. and that should not be for the manager to call out anymore … it’s became more than that …we are talking consistently every single match after match after match wrong referee decisions …

If we had an honest scottish football system, with honest referees ..then they would be admitting their “mistakes” - if they actually were that - and stating exactly what they would do to rectify it so there was no repeat … match after match after match … but all you get is either silence mostly, with the odd defensive statement now and then. But no truth, or action, ever. That, in itself, is clear evidence for those with open and honest vision.
    Last edited by cubehindthegoal; 15-03-2024 at 12:02 AM.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    What would Montgomery going nuts after every match achieve?
    Fans would feel he was standing up to cheating on our behalf, creating a them and us mentality and showing his strength and loyalty. Can you imagine of Jim McLean had suffered the cheating referees we have faced