hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Block 7 (again)

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They can show their support for genocide if they want but they will rightly be met with opposition.
    In doing that, you are setting up a potential for yet more division among fans. There's enough of that already.

We either say "no flags at all" or have a free-for-all, with its possible consequences.

UEFA have chosen the former and, if we're going down the strict liability route, we'll probably have to follow their lead.

I'm all for political expression, and happy to see different factions organising themselves (and yes, in opposition to each other) outside the ground. But, inside it, nobody should feel vulnerable because of their political and social views. It's a fitba match.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 14-03-2024 at 10:01 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    What does bringing a Palestine fly to a Hibs Ross County game achieve? It’s cringy as **** and they only do it cause they’re copying their idols at the Green Brigade

Half the wee fuds probably have zero idea about the conflict and would toil to point out Gaza on a map they’re that braindeed.

Away up the town and join a pro Palestine march if you want to publicly fly their flag.
    If you asked most of them what The Gaza Strip was they would probably say a Rangers top with McEwans Lager sponsor on it. 😁

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    If you asked most of them what The Gaza Strip was they would probably say a Rangers top with McEwans Lager sponsor on it. 😁
    😂😂
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by nickwhibs View Post
    They can show their support for genocide if they want but they will rightly be met with opposition.
    And what Hamas did at a dance festival and rampaging through Kibbutz's isn't also genocidal?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    In doing that, you are setting up a potential for yet more division among fans. There's enough of that already.

We either say "no flags at all" or have a free-for-all, with its possible consequences.

UEFA have chosen the former and, if we're going down the strict liability route, we'll probably have to follow their lead.

I'm all for political expression, and happy to see different factions organising themselves (and yes, in opposition to each other) outside the ground. But, inside it, nobody should feel vulnerable because of their poilitical and social views. It's a fitba match.
    What about rainbow flags? Are they not political? Or as someone else pointed out playing in Ukrainian colours. It seems many are simply not in favour of supporting Palestine.

I get the point about about not causing divisions but surely Palestinian flags are something most sane people would be supportive of or at least not so actively against.

Anyway I have my opinions as do you, so I’ll leave it there. UEFA have too much money to lose that’s their primary concern

Quote Originally Posted by raeburnhibs View Post
    And what Hamas did at a dance festival and rampaging through Kibbutz's isn't also genocidal?
    I suggest you do some reading

First Team Breakthrough
    12,000 murdered children didn't kill anyone. And Israel has been persecuting Palestinians for 75 years. This didn't start on 7 October. There's never been peace.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Definitely not. One of them shouting up the RA lyrics had a block 7 t shirt and scarf on.
    Some boy HC

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

I'm all for political expression, and happy to see different factions organising themselves (and yes, in opposition to each other) outside the ground. But, inside it, nobody should feel vulnerable because of their political and social views. It's a fitba match.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Berry View Post
    12,000 murdered children didn't kill anyone. And Israel has been persecuting Palestinians for 75 years. This didn't start on 7 October. There's never been peace.

Thank you

if anybody wants to start discussing the specific politics then please do it on the Holy Ground. This is a football forum

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    As admirable as the Dnipro kids charity is, I'd hardly say it was a direct connection to a conflict between two countries at war, or one which should dictate that we take the side of one country over another.

If people want to say that the Israel/Palestine conflict is multifaceted, then the conflict between Russia and Ukraine is equally so.

The narrative pushed by our mainstream media on the subject isn't as clearcut as they'd have you believe.
    This is getting very Holy Ground all of a sudden.

I definitely disagree on you Dnipro kids point, a charity set up to provide aid to an orphanage in Ukraine, its probably more pertinent now than it was when it was set up all those years ago.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Its possible to both utterly deplore the killing of 12,000 children and countless adults by an Israeli regime who are currently outrageously out of control AND the historic persecution of an indigenous people by same AND ALSO the murder of ordinary Israeli's attending a music festival and going about their everyday lives by Hamas

Its possible to both utterly deplore the killing of 12,000 children and countless adults by an Israeli regime who are currently outrageously out of control AND the historic persecution of an indigenous people by same AND ALSO the murder of ordinary Israeli's attending a music festival and going about their everyday lives by Hamas
    See above.
    We don’t want to be deleting posts or closing threads . Thanks.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Thread moved in 3, 2, 1...
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by HNA12 View Post
    if anybody wants to start discussing the specific politics then please do it on the Holy Ground. This is a football forum

See above.
    We know the temptation to have the last word on an internet forum is almost irresistible at times, that’s why the Holy Ground is there for politics.

Glad this was reopened on here and I agree on why it was moved. Knew it would happen with the OP mentioning the flag.

That's just diversion though for what everyone is in unison about within the thread though, the ultra's need looked at by the club. There is a place for them if they weed out those that can't control themselves at a football game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Good old Ted and Dusty…….

Note: not sure if you’re old enough to remember but done will!

I’ll get ma coat.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Any chance of a "since 1875" guys reunion? If anyone deserved a section in FFL lower it was these guys. Genuinely created an atmosphere within the stadium that united the fan base

Singing about dead people and the IRA needs eliminated post haste
    No chance, they've grown up and can't be doing with the hassle outside of the ground in places of work etc that they where getting.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Any chance of a "since 1875" guys reunion? If anyone deserved a section in FFL lower it was these guys. Genuinely created an atmosphere within the stadium that united the fan base

Singing about dead people and the IRA needs eliminated post haste
    Correct. I’m as big a “republican” so to speak as anyone but it’s nothing to do with football, or Hibs. Hibs are a club with Irish roots, that’s true, but that doesn’t mean that Irish politics are relevant to the club, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who waves a non Hibs flag at a Hibs game for political or any other reason is misguided. It's not the place.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Good old Ted and Dusty…….

Note: not sure if you’re old enough to remember but done will!

I’ll get ma coat.
    Definitely ban Ted Rodgers, looks like a hun. And I'm pretty sure than bin guy had a celtc look about him, eyes too far apart.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    club should backtrack on the singing section behind the goals, spend the money elsewhere, i've always defended the young guns but they're now out of order, it's a pi$$er for the decent ones but the club just simply cannot carry on with this "block 7" & "ultras" nonsense, ban them

Yeah, I'm not sure that the signs are good for this now.

If I still had tickets for the Family Section in FF Lower, I'd be moving out ASAP.

FWIW, and I realise I've been banging on about this for quite a while, but what you see with these guys is the actual 'Ultras Culture' that's plagued European teams for years. I'm honestly not surprised it's turned out like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure that the signs are good for this now.

If I still had tickets for the Family Section in FF Lower, I'd be moving out ASAP.

FWIW, and I realise I've been banging on about this for quite a while, but what you see with these guys is the actual 'Ultras Culture' that's plagued European teams for years. I'm honestly not surprised it's turned out like this.
    i had renewed for FFL standing but after the Rangers game midweek have swiftly moved our 4 seats to the East Section 39.

Things to note - we were promised no large flags during match play. I had to go down and confront block 7 twice before they stopped waving and put them down. Received a few w*nker signals for my trouble
    Had a group of girls in front of us who for some reason thought it was funny to throw drinks over the hibs crowd in front of them. Again had to tell them to stop .
    The singing repitoire is boring and irrelevant .

Quite fancied standing but not in that environment. They really need to manage this section very carefully going forward .

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    Correct. I’m as big a “republican” so to speak as anyone but it’s nothing to do with football, or Hibs. Hibs are a club with Irish roots, that’s true, but that doesn’t mean that Irish politics are relevant to the club, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well said 👍

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    One of the problems with Ultra groups is their MO is to not do what they are told, they do what they want. This is why you see pretty much nothing but selfish behaviour from them. They really started making me want to stop going to away games this season but then Hibs started announcing where they'd be sitting and I started buying tickets well away from them. The behaviour last night was directly linked to Hibs statement, the IRA songs were more prevalent, throwing items at opposition players the mini pitch invasion when we scored. All things we expect other teams supporters to stop when they are in Easter Road emanated from Block7 last night. They see themselves are rebels, wearing their own colours, singing their own songs and disrupting things for fellow fans around them, they are not Hibs supporters they support their own group. I am dreading the game at Ibrox at the end of the month because you just know their behaviour there will be way out of control, they will give the huns and the media a huge stick to beat Hibs and the Hibs support with and believe me, they will use it with glee.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    One of the problems with Ultra groups is their MO is to not do what they are told, they do what they want. This is why you see pretty much nothing but selfish behaviour from them. They really started making me want to stop going to away games this season but then Hibs started announcing where they'd be sitting and I started buying tickets well away from them. The behaviour last night was directly linked to Hibs statement, the IRA songs were more prevalent, throwing items at opposition players the mini pitch invasion when we scored. All things we expect other teams supporters to stop when they are in Easter Road emanated from Block7 last night. They see themselves are rebels, wearing their own colours, singing their own songs and disrupting things for fellow fans around them, they are not Hibs supporters they support their own group. I am dreading the game at Ibrox at the end of the month because you just know their behaviour there will be way out of control, they will give the huns and the media a huge stick to beat Hibs and the Hibs support with and believe me, they will use it with glee.
    Should be banned from getting tickets, end of.

Their alleged actions last night is making Hibs look very very silly. There needs to be action from the club or it looks even worse. We're already out on our own limb it would appear!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    Great post. The Hibs match is merely the excuse they need. Still, keeps them off the streets for a few hours.