hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Block 7 (again)

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I 100 percent applaud them for the Palestinian flags 👏🇵🇸 Maybe some of the other things they do aren’t great but certainly won’t be against them (or the green brigade) for this
    Would you be ok with someone flying an Israeli flag?

Flag debate incoming.....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

"...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

No because I don’t support genocide. I do however support shows of solidarity with oppressed peoples

Bunch of coked up wee neds giving our club a bad name, ban the lot of them, only looking for trouble and if they want to sing their Tic minded horrible songs, then they're supporting the wrong club.

I 100 percent applaud them for the Palestinian flags 👏🇵🇸 Maybe some of the other things they do aren’t great but certainly won’t be against them (or the green brigade) for this
    I wonder why these world affairs intellectuals have chosen this particular conflict to attach themselves to. I don’t recall being given the chance to applaud them for waving Ukrainian flags for example.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

This threads about their poor choice of song lyrics, missile throwing and loutish behaviour in general. If they want to display those flags then football is not the place. Away down to Downing st and fly the flags and protest there.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Do you think they'd have Palestine flags if the green brigade didn't have them?
    Does it matter? It’s one of the biggest world issues currently so good on them

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Green Brigade wannabes. An absolute embarrassment and a shower of wee fannies, all that needs to be said really. They’ll be self policed out by the decent regulars sooner rather than later IMO
    The club need to deal with it before fellow supporters starting dealing with it themselves.

Regular supporters shouldn't be left in this predicament though, and I've witnessed a few occasions this season where it's very nearly kicked off because of their behaviour.

****ing cringeworthy antics, dress and songs, and would run a ****ing mile if they ever actually encountered a true ultra faction.

There should be no political flags at any football ground, you want to protest fair enough but there are hundreds of rallies weekly doing just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This threads about their poor choice of song lyrics, missile throwing and loutish behaviour in general. If they want to display those flags then football is not the place. Away down to Downing st and fly the flags and protest there.
    Well why bring up the flags if it’s just about those things, which by the way I don’t agree with. Surely they should be free to display those flags in a public place such as the football. Politics is part of football and all aspects of life whether you like it or not

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    There should be no political flags at any football ground, you want to protest fair enough but there are hundreds of rallies weekly doing just that.
    Why? Surely people should be free to do that. Don’t join in if you don’t like it

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I wonder why these world affairs intellectuals have chosen this particular conflict to attach themselves to. I don’t recall being given the chance to applaud them for waving Ukrainian flags for example.
    Perhaps, but Hibs themselves were flying Ukraine flags, and even had the women play a game in Yellow and Blue FFS.

A distinct lack of Palestine content from them though.

Shows that the club only want to attach themselves to certain agendas and not others.

Why?
    I don't think politics and sport should mix, by all means protest but not at a football ground.

No because I don’t support genocide. I do however support shows of solidarity with oppressed peoples
    .. and there's the issue, isn't it?

"Acceptability" comes down to personal political opinion.

Does it matter? It’s one of the biggest world issues currently so good on them
    Yes it does matter. They've got no idea what they're doing with it. They're copying Celtic fans (which is the second cringiest thing in the world next to their dress code).

They weren't running round with Ukranian flags a year or 2 ago.

I agree it's a big issue, but neds at football games "supporting" Palestine? Come off it.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

First Team Breakthrough
    Agree with most of this, but not sure what's wrong with displaying a Palestinian flag?

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Why? Surely people should be free to do that. Don’t join in if you don’t like it
    What does bringing a Palestine fly to a Hibs Ross County game achieve? It’s cringy as **** and they only do it cause they’re copying their idols at the Green Brigade

Half the wee fuds probably have zero idea about the conflict and would toil to point out Gaza on a map they’re that braindeed.

Away up the town and join a pro Palestine march if you want to publicly fly their flag.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Yes it does matter. They've got no idea what they're doing with it. They're copying Celtic fans (which is the second cringiest thing in the world next to their dress code).

They weren't running round with Ukranian flags a year or 2 ago.

I agree it's a big issue, but neds at football games "supporting" Palestine? Come off it.
    Patronising rubbish. Should “neds” not be allowed to have political views? Anyway who cares if they align themselves politically with another group.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    Perhaps, but Hibs themselves were flying Ukraine flags, and even had the women play a game in Yellow and Blue FFS.

A distinct lack of Palestine content from them though.

Shows that the club only want to attach themselves to certain agendas and not others.
    We had a direct connection with Ukraine through Dnipro Kids in fairness.

What agenda would that imply we were attaching ourselves to?

Sir Alex Ferguson

Patronising rubbish. Should “neds” not be allowed to have political views? Anyway who cares if they align themselves politically with another group. M
    By that token, anyone with pro-Israeli views should be allowed to show their support.

Patronising rubbish. Should “neds” not be allowed to have political views? Anyway who cares if they align themselves politically with another group.
    They do it because Celtic do it. They're not aligning themselves with any political group - unless you describe the green brigade as political?

Sir Alex Ferguson

We care because we don't want a Hibs version of the Green Brigade at ER.

What does bringing a Palestine fly to a Hibs Ross County game achieve? It’s cringy as **** and they only do it cause they’re copying their idols at the Green Brigade

Half the wee fuds probably have zero idea about the conflict and would toil to point out Gaza on a map they’re that braindeed.

Away up the town and join a pro Palestine march if you want to publicly fly their flag.
    Well it’s got all us talking about it hasn’t it? Protest doesn’t have to be confined to organised rallies it’s part of a wider movement. Anyway just glad to see at least some solidarity from Hibs fans whether it’s “cringey” or not.

By that token, anyone with pro-Israeli views should be allowed to show their support.
    They can show their support for genocide if they want but they will rightly be met with opposition.

Well it’s got all us talking about it hasn’t it? Protest doesn’t have to be confined to organised rallies it’s part of a wider movement. Anyway just glad to see at least some solidarity from Hibs fans whether it’s “cringey” or not.
    So would you be equally as fine if I’m someone bright an Israel flag to the game?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

So would you be equally as fine if I’m someone bright an Israel flag to the game?
    See above 👆

See above 👆
    Why don't they fly Ukranian flags?

Sir Alex Ferguson

We had a direct connection with Ukraine through Dnipro Kids in fairness.

What agenda would that imply we were attaching ourselves to?
    As admirable as the Dnipro kids charity is, I'd hardly say it was a direct connection to a conflict between two countries at war, or one which should dictate that we take the side of one country over another.

If people want to say that the Israel/Palestine conflict is multifaceted, then the conflict between Russia and Ukraine is equally so.

The narrative pushed by our mainstream media on the subject isn't as clearcut as they'd have you believe.

See above 👆
    What if it’s brought out in support of our ex Israeli goalkeeper Ofir Marciano? He’s got more to do with Hibs than Palestine.

(You may think this sounds ridiculous and indeed it does, but it’s as relative to Hibs as a Palestine flag in Dingwall)
    Last edited by .Sean.; 14-03-2024 at 09:58 AM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Do you think they'd have Palestine flags if the green brigade didn't have them?
    Probably the wrong forum, but do they know where Palestine is, and the history of the conflict?

I have no difficulty sympathising with the plight of the residents of Gaza, all of them but I keep the thought in my head when I go to the football and wear my Hibs scarf.

The club are skating on thin ice with it's recent commendable statement, hopefully it translates to action but if we're on the moral high ground we really need to put our own house in order, especially at away games, where as others have said we do seem to put a big target on our own backs by not identifying and banning bellends who think it's okay to throw stuff on the pitch, damage property and set off smoke bombs.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby