hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Block 7 (again)

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe the site can write an email to the club with names of those who want B7 banned? We're quick enough to criticise other fan bases but ours are up there with the worst.
    Going to away games is an utter chore nowadays.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

We are investing money in a standing section, so accomodating missile throwers, coked up numpties, well done Hibs, you better get some netting erected because we will now be under the magnifying glass for next season.

We’re setting ourselves up for a media frenzy bowing to this lot. It’s a gift to the weegies. Embarrassing

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    Ban the lot of them.
    They won’t be missed.
    Total embarrassment to our club. What has the Palestine flag got to do with Hibernian. And the head steward went over and shook the guys with the flag hand instead of telling the idiot to take the flag away

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    Total embarrassment to our club. What has the Palestine flag got to do with Hibernian. And the head steward went over and shook the guys with the flag hand instead of telling the idiot to take the flag away
    Wasn't at the game tonight and not defending any of the nonsense which was allegedly going on, but why is flying the Palestinian flag, or any other national flag for that matter, an embarrassment?

I wholeheartedly support anyone flying the Palestine flag.

Anything to demonstrate against genocide and 30,000 innocent civilians being murdered by an apartheid terror state.

Quote Originally Posted by CathroMustStay View Post

Anything to demonstrate against genocide and 30,000 innocent civilians being murdered by an apartheid terror state.
    Not at the football though, you wouldn’t do it at the cinema!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    It makes a mockery of Hibs attempt to eradicate the bad behaviour of opposing fans. And to think that the club are spending good money creating a standing section for them and at the same time uprooting fans that have sat in that area for years . Full marks to them for travelling up to Dingwall but they are becoming an embarrassment and I can only see this proposed standing section making that even worse.
    I agree, we need to demonstrate that we are doing everything we can to get our own house in order before calling out other clubs' fans.

In principle, I'm not against the notion of accommodating a group of so called "ultras", but they need to be made to understand what is and is not acceptable behaviour. Ditch the sectarian nonsense and sing some Hibs songs, and absolutely stop throwing stuff onto the pitch.

They have the potential to be a force for good in terms of helping to generate a positive atmosphere if they can cut out all the nonsense, my worry is they aren't capable of doing so, in which case we should put the proposed standing section on hold until they demonstrate that they can behave properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I agree, we need to demonstrate that we are doing everything we can to get our own house in order before calling out other clubs' fans.

In principle, I'm not against the notion of accommodating a group of so called "ultras", but they need to be made to understand what is and is not acceptable behaviour. Ditch the sectarian nonsense and sing some Hibs songs, and absolutely stop throwing stuff onto the pitch.

They have the potential to be a force for good in terms of helping to generate a positive atmosphere if they can cut out all the nonsense, my worry is they aren't capable of doing so, in which case we should put the proposed standing section on hold until they demonstrate that they can behave properly.
    A very good post.

It's mental that a few dafties in our support are destroying our club's attempts at putting thousands of Rangers racists n the dock.

At a Hibs game? It's not the place I'm afraid.

I was initially in favour of a singing section behind the goals. But club management have carried out no direct consultation with the 1000 fans who still stand in the East.

The sole reason why we started off in 2010 in the top 20 rows in Section 43 was that the acoustics are infinitely better under the roof than at the front of the stand.

When Sect43 moved down the front of the East a few years ago their singing was completely inaudible. Then fans started jumping over the walls and throwing stuff at the opposition players.

Club management reacted by moving them to the top corner of the FF as Since1875. That didn't work so they then tried the front of Section 45 in the East as Block Seven.

Since the new East was built, the only time we had loud singing at Easter Road was when all the singers occupying the top half of Sections 42 to 44.

Moving 150 Ultras to the front of the Famous Five will do nothing for singing volume in the stadium. It is literally the worst place for acoustics and invites easy access to the pitch and players.

Needs a rethink now, rather than at the end of the season.
    Last edited by RIP; 14-03-2024 at 05:41 AM.

The block 7 crew need to get their house in order before next season. Starting to get a bit nippy with the throwing ****! Also majority of the songs are horrendous.
    Used to be a bit of individuality to hibs when it came to supporting the team vocally, it’s generic ultras pish nowadays.
    We are better than all that nonsense. Get back to doing the hibees bounce and put away the daft drums man!
    Rant over🤦*♂️

I'm not in any way condoning their actions as throwing missiles is well out of order but wtf were the Ross County players doing celebrating en masse right in front of our support for ages giving it large. This went on for over long I felt. They had three home sides of the ground they could of ran to.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    The block 7 crew need to get their house in order before next season. Starting to get a bit nippy with the throwing ****! Also majority of the songs are horrendous.
    Used to be a bit of individuality to hibs when it came to supporting the team vocally, it’s generic ultras pish nowadays.
    We are better than all that nonsense. Get back to doing the hibees bounce and put away the daft drums man!
    Rant over🤦*♂️
    Start a new trend by actually dressing and displaying the club colours. This generic stuff is the pishest thing I’ve ever seen by supporters in football as we have no visible identity. Worse thing is the club is spending a lot of money on these…..
    Last edited by Real Emerald; 14-03-2024 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Start a new trend by actually dressing and displaying the club colours. This generic stuff is the pishest thing I’ve ever seen by supporters in football as we have no visible identity. Worse thing is the club is spending a lot of money on these…..
    I’ve never understood all black gear or white whatever mood they wake up in.
    Dire patter.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    I’ve never understood all black gear or white whatever mood they wake up in.
    Dire patter.
    Well maybe it’s more difficult to be identified if you are in a seat not designated for you, wearing a balaclava or other type of mask whilst throwing objects onto to pitch. The club are literally investing in this guff at the same time publicly berating visiting supporters. It beggars belief TBH

Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    I'm not in any way condoning their actions as throwing missiles is well out of order but wtf were the Ross County players doing celebrating en masse right in front of our support for ages giving it large. This went on for over long I felt. They had three home sides of the ground they could of ran to.
    Agreed. Red rag to a bull. Ref did nothing to round up his 15 seconds of madness.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post

Yes the celebration was right in front us and the ref should have stopped it but the fact that the boy Dhanda was hit by a disposable vape is bang out of order. Thrown from B7's section. There can be no denying it this time, they are guilty as charged.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

It’s as if they literally go out of their way to exclude the wider support from singing with their horrendous songs and if anyone outwith them tries to start anything different they are almost in competition with them. Sad actually.

Pathetic to hear this after a strong statement from the club about this kind of behaviour.

Don’t think a protest would have much impact at the pictures, it’s dark in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    A very good post.

It's mental that a few dafties in our support are destroying our club's attempts at putting thousands of Rangers racists n the dock.
    Not just Rangers, thousands of Celtic bigots too. We haven't got a leg to stand on if we let the crap be sung too.

Any atmosphere block 7 bring is outdone by crap from along the M8 and throwing things. Hibs need to be hard and get our house in order or the rest is just virtue signaling

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875

You think they'd be doing it if Celtic hadn't already? 😂

Embarrassing bunch of wee tits that are constantly causing issues. Bin them.

They're in it for their own needs and not the wider good of the support. Anyone drawn to the dressing in black, copy cattjng Ultras culture from Europe are showing us its nothing about our traditions and roots as a Scottish club. The link up with OM in France shows its about their own egos and nothing to do with the wider support. Absolutely not on that these new "amis" from La France got tickets for Tynecastle - the single moment we should all have cottoned on they don't care about the wider support. At least the original incarnations of the "singing section" got that.

They don't represent me or my mates. It's a joke they are being aided and abetted and emboldened by someone at the very top - we know who it is. Yet they are so stupid and selfish they are manna from heaven for the Glasgow media mafia who will batter us back and paint our support as somehow worse than the OF.

And they've put targets on all our backs at Ibrox in a fortnight after their stickering escapades last time. As if we needed that anyway.

Naw problem getting involved with Ukraine and flying their flag tho ?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Naw problem getting involved with Ukraine and flying their flag tho ?
    Aw god, here we go again, lock the thread now before it's too late.

Block 7 hmmmm…

“ULTRAS” groups were never on my radar in any way until I witnessed that very strange collection of weirdos behind the goals at the home end of tynnie.

What a very strange thing to do, dress identically in black, waving your arms about in clearly choreographed movement, reminds me of other youth movements from the past…. , football is an inspirational sport not a robotic set up.

try to be individuals guys, conforming to group think can lead you into very dangerous waters, and make you ripe for certain types of outsiders to begin inserting their own particular ideas and ideologies that have nothing to do with football.

I am pretty sure this is what has happened at Ibrox and parkhead, these were, and are, fertile ground for trouble makers to stir up hatred and bigotry , (witness the SS flag flown at ibrox in October, and alleged sexual abuse in the away end at Dens during rangers visit),

Please do not let Hibs get pulled down that road. BE YOURSELVES , LESS BLOCK 7, AND MORE ONE LOVE.
    Last edited by Albert Kidd 86’; 14-03-2024 at 06:38 AM.

If they were genuinely adding to the atmosphere then I would probably be willing to overlook a wee bit of daftness.

On Sunday I could barely hear them and I sit upstairs in the FF upper, the loudest singing came when the guys at the back of the East got a few of the old songs going. The rest of it is just some guy banging a drum and guys chanting stuff that about 50 other teams also do. Of course the old songs quickly died out because they got upset and started banging the drum extra hard to drown them out. There's probably a dose of irony that in a week when sectarianism is front and centre they remind me of an orange march when the inevitably fat and bald guy with the big drum just batters it mindlessly because they are outside a Chapel and a bunch of simpletons shout quite loudly on command.

I was young once and I hate doing the 'this never happened in my day' stuff but it's consistent with this lot and rather than own it there is a myriad of tired excuses trotted out. It's not even proper ultra culture, it's pretendy stuff copying what they have seen on social media whilst still trying to be best pals with the club, 90 minute ultras to coin a phrase. I actually feel a wee bit sorry for a fair few of them as on the occasions I have been near them it often seems like some of them are decent wee lads who are a bit scared of some of the group and are following orders.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Salisbury Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Not just Rangers, thousands of Celtic bigots too. We haven't got a leg to stand on if we let the crap be sung too.

Any atmosphere block 7 bring is outdone by crap from along the M8 and throwing things. Hibs need to be hard and get our house in order or the rest is just virtue signaling
    I don't think Hibs have a choice in taking action against Block 7. They've been warned. Once by the "Enough is Enough" statement and again by the usual "Away Supporter Information" on the official website.

With the undoubted media/sfa scrutiny we are under, action has to be taken and SEEN to be taken.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Get them tae ****. Especially the weirdo Fagin character (who shall not be named on dot net). Time for some self policing if the club won’t do anything. As for the wee boy with the Palestine flag, probably couldn’t show you where it is on the map.