hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Block 7 (again)

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it an IRA tribute? Joking aside, I imagine it’s bravado by young laddies who want to look intimidating and hardcore. I doubt very much it’s middle aged men who are there with their kids. When you’re seventeen is seems like a good idea….
    Their 40+ year old leader is a huge fan of Alfred Tennyson, and is especially fond of the Charge of the Light Brigade about the battle of Balaclava during the Crimean, so it's a tribute to Tennyson and those brave men and their horses.

Looking forward to next season where the deputy treasurer gets to lead, and he is a big fan of Paddington...marmalade sandwiches under their hats for 2024/25 season.
    Last edited by Iain G; 31-03-2024 at 03:39 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I just can’t understand why you’d wear a balaclava to a football game. Some may say I have a face that should be covered by a balaclava mind you.

Me too, and back to front as well..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Don't doubt for a second they'll read all the stuff online about them. They're probably buzzing about it and it'll make them continue to do it for a reaction.
    Surprised if half of them can read, probably not even two brain cells to rub together between the lot of them.

The Bally's are what the cool kids are wearing on the continent.

Not sure what the point in posting a picture of themselves in the velodrome is if they're blurring their faces. You can only assume they're massive ***** bags

Anyone know where that photo was taken, is it real or some sort of photoshop job ?

First Team Regular

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    They don't seem to know any Hibs songs.
    They sing a very good rendition of Hibernian F.C.to the very uplifting and inspiring tune Should Auld Acquaintance be Forgot.
    The team always seems to respond to this when they hear it sung in the Stand.

The first rule of block 7 is no one talks about block 7
    The second rule of block 7 is NO ONE talks about block 7
    The third rule of block 7 is if someone says stop the song is over if the drummer loses his sticks the song is over.
    The fourth rule to block 7 is only two blocks to a song.one song at a time!
    The fifth rule of block 7 is no shirts no shoes.
    The sixth rule of block 7 is songs will go on as long as they have too even if you don’t know the words.
    The 7th rule of block 7 if this is your first time in block 7 you will give up your seat.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    https://x.com/stjohnstone/status/177...Ggie80A2m3HH1A young fan injured by pyro at the St Johnstone v Dundee match yesterday. Obviously not Block 7's fault just thought it had some relevance to the ultra culture stuff.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I think it would be really funny if every Hibs fan at the next away match wore a balaclava, but in all different colours.

Make it a real spectacle.

I'll be wearing this one..

Last edited by Keith_M; 31-03-2024 at 07:23 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

Block 7 are generic "ultras" with no obvious affiliation to Hibs
    What nonsense.
    I think the time and money they spend supporting the club is enough of a cliche for you.

How they behave and how much they - and previous groups - tongue the Celtc farter doesn’t give reason for any clowns to question their affiliation to Hibs.

Balaclava clad wee fannies.

Best wishes x

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    https://x.com/stjohnstone/status/177...Ggie80A2m3HH1A young fan injured by pyro at the St Johnstone v Dundee match yesterday. Obviously not Block 7's fault just thought it had some relevance to the ultra culture stuff.
    Not good to see. I have to admit I was surprised how little coverage there was in the mainstream media, relating to the Celtic fan who's hair appeared to catch fire at the match at ER after a Pyro was thrown.

@hibs.net private member
    I grew up in Belfast in the 70's. I saw plenty of men in balaclava's and as you can imagine, were well terrifying.

These guys are just muppets.

If I ever see one, of them with their balaclava on, I'll just ask if their Mum knit it - wallopers

And I love the way you can't reply to their X handle, that says is all

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    They don’t create a better atmosphere and never have done since their formation.

They hassle other away fans, numerous stories of pushing in to certain areas, they smash up seats and leave their stickers all over the seats, costing the club money. The graffiti incident at Ibrox last year was disgusting. They’re now throwing things on to the pitch.

On top of that, they don’t sing songs anyone else knows and it sounds ****.

They are everything Since 1875 weren’t, such a shame they broke up.

Such a shame Since 1875 didn’t get FF Lower/ended when they did.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs3-2 View Post
    My issue is they do not learn. I would be very surprised if they do not read forums/twitter etc about them, so they know the issues the wider hibs fans have. Yet they continue in their ways

My main grip is their constant pursue of “modern day ultra” songs rather than the hibs classics. Soon as someone starts a hail hail or whatever, they try and drown it out by banging their drum louder. Even the odd occasion they do join in with a classic they try drum along - thats not creating an atmosphere IMO. Thats just wanting to be centre stage
    maybe banning the drum would be a good start.
    Oh and whilst at it vuvuzelas incase they do an eff-U
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

If the FFL has any gaps in it next season I will totally die of embarrassment.

When we played Rangers at ER nobody could actually hear them from the FFL, thought it was pretty poor, could only really hear that constantly annoying banging of a drum

As someone who was made to wear a jaggy balaclava to primary school in the 70s the B7 fascination with this type of headwear is beyond me. If they really want to embrace the full "look" ( as I hear they call it in fashion circles) I expect them to turn up on Saturday also wearing duffle coats, mittens with strings, short trousers and wellies.

Balaclavas like chants about the IRA should be left back in the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    They don’t create a better atmosphere and never have done since their formation.

They hassle other away fans, numerous stories of pushing in to certain areas, they smash up seats and leave their stickers all over the seats, costing the club money. The graffiti incident at Ibrox last year was disgusting. They’re now throwing things on to the pitch.

On top of that, they don’t sing songs anyone else knows and it sounds ****.

They are everything Since 1875 weren’t, such a shame they broke up.
    St Mirren Away midweek for example, were you there? Was the atmosphere better or worse before their bus turned up late half way through the first half?

Don't get me wrong I'm becoming increasingly hacked off with some of them turning up legless, waving pope and Palestine flags, singing about the king and chucking things on the pitch. Drop that krap then nobody would mind them so much.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    I don't mind the Ultras thing - plenty of clubs had them before it going down this caricature route that it seems to have gone. At first it just seems to have mean an active singing section.

In Europe it was meant to be the most passionate fans. The balaclavas there are to stop being seen on CCTV when it kicks off as Ultras in Europe were the fighting groups as well as singing groups.
    Not so in the UK where it's definitely not a fighting thing.

If they would sing Hibs songs and steer clear of IRA / religious crap I wouldn't mind - they could wear purple spandex glittery catsuits for all I care.

And I also don't think anyone should have to wear Hibs colours - I don't and never will.
    I have plenty clothes with green in them but stopped wearing football colours when I was 14.
    Boltonhibs will be happy, he has that exact item in his wardrobe.
    Last edited by blackpoolhibs; 01-04-2024 at 08:25 AM.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    I'm starting a new group. Block 9 3/4.

We've all to wear black robes to matchdays but we can keep our green and white scarves.

Well also have a quidditch team which will play every Tuesday afternoon at the oriam, but you'll have to get changed next to Cammy Devlin.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    If the FFL has any gaps in it next season I will totally die of embarrassment.
    I think there were be more gaps next season although tricky to tell if we signs some good players. It will be like tint, a couple of hundred bairns nobody can hear unless they have a drum. The difference with us is we are spending fortunes to accommodate them

I think it should be made crystal clear that the new standing area is not under any sort of B7 ownership. Yeah they'll have got in first this season and hoovered up the front behind the goal but it is open to any and every Hibs supporter.

As we've seen with other singing sections (including the errrr the Singing Section when the new East opened) they come and go. B7, certainly the way things are going, will be there a couple of seasons before they grow up and maybe even find a partner to take them shopping!
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I think it should be made crystal clear that the new standing area is not under any sort of B7 ownership. Yeah they'll have got in first this season and hoovered up the front behind the goal but it is open to any and every Hibs supporter.

As we've seen with other singing sections (including the errrr the Singing Section when the new East opened) they come and go. B7, certainly the way things are going, will be there a couple of seasons before they grow up and maybe even find a partner to take them shopping!
    Wearing a balaclava is the ultimate in safe sex as no other male/female would be near them

It might have already been mooted, but would an idea be to speak to the older guy that hangs about with them (one of their dads) and put a word in his ear to cut out the IRA pish and the anti queen songs. He might be able to encourage the older ones in the group (if there are any over the age of 16) to self police themselves and explain that this what they are doing is just making Hibs look like Celtic down the M8, total copycats and not really "Ultra" but a bunch of knuckle dragging dinosaurs no better than the pish that spews out of Ibrox
    Surely someone on here knows him/them, maybe they post on here and could pass on the message

This thread is so old hat.

Surely by now, a few 'In the know' Hibs supporters have heard the new name for the Ultras section in the FFL for next season?

There was always gonna be a rebrand, but it's just not been announced yet.

GGTTH! 🇳🇬

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    St Mirren Away midweek for example, were you there? Was the atmosphere better or worse before their bus turned up late half way through the first half?

Don't get me wrong I'm becoming increasingly hacked off with some of them turning up legless, waving pope and Palestine flags, singing about the king and chucking things on the pitch. Drop that krap then nobody would mind them so much.
    I wasn’t there no. I haven’t made it to a game for a while. I catch Hibs when I can on the tv or PPV and the drumming does my tits in.

Whatever positives they might are increasingly being overshadowed by the crap that comes with them.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post

Surely by now, a few 'In the know' Hibs supporters have heard the new name for the Ultras section in the FFL for next season?

GGTTH!
    North Side Hibernian was announced and discussed on here back in January but I think it’s another secret group that you need to sign up to.

GGTTH! 🇳🇬
    I mind being at St Johnstone away when B7 first emerged and the small band of SJ "ultras" unfurled a banner with every previous incarnation of our "singing section" named and scored out...taking the piss. Can we have the rebrand before Saturday to give them new material?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

GGTTH! 🇳🇬
    Is it Oglaigh na hEirann, with a free balaclava to all members in 2024-25?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    or really poor graffiti I saw back home in NI

Chocky Ar La