hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Block 7 (again)

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Seems we’ve got a few Danny Dyers; young laddies who fritter on the periphery of hooliganism but who would simultaneously pish their frillies if confronted with violence, save for the comical Inbetweeners style nightclub dance before spinning on their heels and legging it.
    Last edited by Pedantic_Hibee; 31-03-2024 at 09:04 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wholeheartedly doubt that they create a better atmosphere. A constant drumming sound along with monotone songs that nobody knows isn’t a good atmosphere, and at away games they just get everyone’s backs up before the match even starts.
    I can’t say I’m their biggest fan but it’s now just become a bit of a thing to have a moan about them. Stood at Ibrox yesterday and it was absolutely no different to any other time I’ve been at Ibrox for me. Last away game at Ross County they were just a group standing down the front singing a few songs but nothing that really influenced the wider support IMO. I find the balaclavas and stuff like that a bit bizarre but and it’s not for me but, having been at every away game this season, I don’t really find them as irritating as others do.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I can’t say I’m their biggest fan but it’s now just become a bit of a thing to have a moan about them. Stood at Ibrox yesterday and it was absolutely no different to any other time I’ve been at Ibrox for me. Last away game at Ross County they were just a group standing down the front singing a few songs but nothing that really influenced the wider support IMO. I find the balaclavas and stuff like that a bit bizarre but and it’s not for me but, having been at every away game this season, I don’t really find them as irritating as others do.
    You’ve been to every away game? Respect is due, that’s a lot of miles covered to watch some right pish.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Now I wasn’t there yesterday and had to rely on a buffering stream in the west of Ireland to keep on top of proceedings, but while I can sort of half get young lads sporting balaclavas/face coverings in a bid to look menacing or believe in their own importance to deem that covering their identities is necessary. They’ll grow up and reminisce of days gone with a bit of embarrassment but pass it off as youthful nonsense and enjoying football away days before the responsibilities of adult life curtail the exuberance, but are we really saying here that the older father figure man of of the group was similarly balaclava’d up? Oh dear - what an absolute cringe 😬. You can give the kids a pass of some degree, but if true, that’s behaviour that is worthy of his ST being cancelled and a banning order to spare both Hibs, and himself any further embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    In a balaclava? That is disturbing
    B7 head gear down to their eyes, black snood over rest of the face

Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    B7 head gear down to their eyes, black snood over rest of the face
    It could be a mid-life crisis and a cry for help. It’s the only thing I can think of.

First Team Breakthrough
    Can't say I particularly get wearing balaclavas to games but not sure I get the borderline creepy obsession a few on here seem to have with them either. As far as I'm concerned, fair play to all the fans who decided to make the trip there yesterday no matter what they chose to wear.

You’ve been to every away game? Respect is due, that’s a lot of miles covered to watch some right pish.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyFantastic View Post
    “Flirts”, come on. The “Erin go Bragh” song is now permanently accompanied with rounds of **** the ******* queen and up the ******* ra. I think we are way past the stage of letting them “flirt” with sectarianism.
    That needs dealt with asap. Talk about complete lack of self awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    That needs dealt with asap. Talk about complete lack of self awareness.
    Yes, there must be a zero tolerance approach to that kind of thing. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive club, which is incompatible with discriminatory songs. Ultimately a continuation will result in the group being shut down. Surely they understand this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    At it once again tonight.

Up the RA and f@@k the Queen lyrics added to songs.

Palestinian flags being flown

Cups and a vape thrown in the first half.

A few on the pitch when they we scored.

Dhanda hit with a disposable vape when he scored.

All this in light of the statement we issued on Monday. These doughnuts are going to get us into bother with their antics and are going to make it very difficult for us to call out other teams fans behaviour if they can’t actually behave themselves.

Embarrassing stuff to be honest. They need to sort themselves out quickly. This won’t have went unnoticed by the club this evening.

Disgusting behaviour, embarrassment to our club

Didn't Tom Hart speak with supporters' representatives in the 70s about which songs were sung and self policing took over?

As others have pointed out, Block 7 are generic "ultras" with no obvious affiliation to Hibs beyond attending our games and inserting the name of a Hibs player into the latest generic chant. They could be a force for good if they dropped the crap and focused on being Hibs fans in Hibs colours singing Hibs songs and being a positive representation of our club.

If they won't co-operate and continue to be a problem then it's time to withdraw their privileges.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

First time at Ibrox in years. Same old through there, grown men and women spending more time chucking insults rather than watching the game. Block 7 just a young group (one older guy) trying tae create some atmosphere but they need tae stop the flags of the pope, cringe couple of songs and they defo need tae stop moking the Ibrox disaster.

I don't mind the Ultras thing - plenty of clubs had them before it going down this caricature route that it seems to have gone. At first it just seems to have mean an active singing section.

In Europe it was meant to be the most passionate fans. The balaclavas there are to stop being seen on CCTV when it kicks off as Ultras in Europe were the fighting groups as well as singing groups.
    Not so in the UK where it's definitely not a fighting thing.

If they would sing Hibs songs and steer clear of IRA / religious crap I wouldn't mind - they could wear purple spandex glittery catsuits for all I care.

And I also don't think anyone should have to wear Hibs colours - I don't and never will.
    I have plenty clothes with green in them but stopped wearing football colours when I was 14.

I was at the Tranent game the other week. They have an ultras section, the Big T Bois. I think it's great that young lads are out supporting their local team, bumping up the crowd and putting the football club at the heart of the community.

They have the same issues we have though. A split in the group between the boys who just want to support their team, sing a few songs and have a bit of a laugh and the guys who want to play at being casuals/European ultras and go looking for bother. Incidentally the latter group also have a couple of older guys who are the ringleaders. There was a proper scrap broke out at the game I was at and a few things for thrown on the pitch and whatever. It was all a bit daft and it's a shame these groups seems to get hijacked by dafties.

I can't be bothered with all this '**** the king', Up the 'ra and pictures of the Pope stuff. I've got my political views and my religious faith, I don't need to broadcast them to the world at a football match. It's exactly what I criticise Rangers fans for and tit for tat nonsense just plays into their hands.

His balaclava wasn't working if you all know which one was the old guy. Surely the point to it is that they all look the same and you can't identify them lol.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    There's no doubt that they create a better atmosphere home and away but the sectarianism is really getting on folks nerves. Repeated references to the King in songs and waving flags of the pope needs to stop.
    Only a matter of time before it comes to blows IMO. People wont have it for much longer and will start to challenge them on it and they wont like it.

If youth stopped being a bit daft and old gits (who were once daft youths) stopped moaning about that, it probably would be the end of civilisation as we know it.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    His balaclava wasn't working if you all know which one was the old guy. Surely the point to it is that they all look the same and you can't identify them lol.
    Maybe he was the one with the balaclava that looked like the type your grannie used to knit back in the day?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    If youth stopped being a bit daft and old gits (who were once daft youths) stopped moaning about that, it probably would be the end of civilisation as we know it.
    I know I cannae even believe I've joined in on this thread - attitude changed a bit just cos I'm taking my Dad to the games.
    Have sung 'ooh ah up the Ra' when we played Rangers and 'SAS bang bang bang' when we played Celtic so I've no right to be criticising anyone

First Team Breakthrough
    My issue is they do not learn. I would be very surprised if they do not read forums/twitter etc about them, so they know the issues the wider hibs fans have. Yet they continue in their ways

My main grip is their constant pursue of “modern day ultra” songs rather than the hibs classics. Soon as someone starts a hail hail or whatever, they try and drown it out by banging their drum louder. Even the odd occasion they do join in with a classic they try drum along - thats not creating an atmosphere IMO. Thats just wanting to be centre stage

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs3-2 View Post
    My issue is they do not learn. I would be very surprised if they do not read forums/twitter etc about them, so they know the issues the wider hibs fans have. Yet they continue in their ways

My main grip is their constant pursue of “modern day ultra” songs rather than the hibs classics. Soon as someone starts a hail hail or whatever, they try and drown it out by banging their drum louder. Even the odd occasion they do join in with a classic they try drum along - thats not creating an atmosphere IMO. Thats just wanting to be centre stage
    Don't doubt for a second they'll read all the stuff online about them. They're probably buzzing about it and it'll make them continue to do it for a reaction.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    There's no doubt that they create a better atmosphere home and away but the sectarianism is really getting on folks nerves. Repeated references to the King in songs and waving flags of the pope needs to stop.
    They don’t create a better atmosphere and never have done since their formation.

They hassle other away fans, numerous stories of pushing in to certain areas, they smash up seats and leave their stickers all over the seats, costing the club money. The graffiti incident at Ibrox last year was disgusting. They’re now throwing things on to the pitch.

On top of that, they don’t sing songs anyone else knows and it sounds ****.

They are everything Since 1875 weren’t, such a shame they broke up.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Maybe he was the one with the balaclava that looked like the type your grannie used to knit back in the day?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    So not a proper balaclava like this one then?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Yes, there must be a zero tolerance approach to that kind of thing. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive club, which is incompatible with discriminatory songs. Ultimately a continuation will result in the group being shut down. Surely they understand this?
    I think the thing is though, H&A, there’s been a continuation since around the start of the season. Suggests either they don’t understand or don’t care… or of course that they are going to be allowed to carry on the way they are.

I think it’s long past the point of allowing leeway or understanding. They offer very little in terms of positives for the club/support and are 100% far more trouble than they’re worth.

A group intended to boost the support and enhance the atmosphere (they don’t) shouldn’t cause anywhere near this much hassle or divide amongst fans.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I just can’t understand why you’d wear a balaclava to a football game. Some may say I have a face that should be covered by a balaclava mind you.
    I’m sure if you asked them they would say they have a right to privacy :rolleyes but it will have more to do with them throwing things and what they sing so that they cannot be picked out by cctv or it will certainly be harder to pick them out.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    I don't mind the Ultras thing - plenty of clubs had them before it going down this caricature route that it seems to have gone. At first it just seems to have mean an active singing section.

In Europe it was meant to be the most passionate fans. The balaclavas there are to stop being seen on CCTV when it kicks off as Ultras in Europe were the fighting groups as well as singing groups.
    Not so in the UK where it's definitely not a fighting thing.

If they would sing Hibs songs and steer clear of IRA / religious crap I wouldn't mind - they could wear purple spandex glittery catsuits for all I care.

And I also don't think anyone should have to wear Hibs colours - I don't and never will.
    I have plenty clothes with green in them but stopped wearing football colours when I was 14.
    They don't seem to know any Hibs songs.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    I hope they’re not bringing the drum to the FF next season, we were delighted when it left a couple of seasons ago!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i feel for the fans that have sat in the FFL for years only to get moved so some dafties wearing balaclavas and a pain in the erse drum can settle there instead.

over to you ben kensell/whoever