hibs.net Messageboard

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667
Results 1,981 to 1,991 of 1991
    I think unfortunately he needs to go . There's too many managers than him in the league . Mcinnes , Robinson, Docherty are way above him , he can't even get the better of levein with a ***** St Johnstone team . If foleys serious about spending money and finishing 3rd were gonna need a manager that's on the same level as Mcinnes etc

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know. Folk said that because hearts signed him. Some still don’t want to concede how good a striker he is because he’s at hearts - I completely understand that. Personally had no doubt he’d be a success at Hearts, and wished at the time it was us signing him.

Anyway, my point was around a poster continually slating Nisbet when he was clearly our best player at the time.
    Yer point is a load of ***** as I was slating Nisbet for the 2 years prior to his return when his performances and stats were absolutely shocking. I wasn’t slating in his last 4 months as turned into Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    There would need to a process followed that would involve a board meeting and presumably HR or lawyers involved. The terms of the agreement would likely need to be agreed as well. These are things that can take a bit time.

I agree with you though. there should have been board meetings in advance of yesterdays game to decide on the next steps if we failed to make top 6. Im expecting some sort of communication today.
    The same sort of process Goodwin got when he lost 6 nil at Easter Road needs no paperwork. 😂

Joking aside the guy deserves respect as he’s travelled half way across the world with his family to take the job, it’s not his fault he wasn’t ready for it.

There’s no point hanging about though.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    If we get to Tuesday and there’s still silence, I agree with you.

I think right now, the finer details of him leaving could well still be getting ironed out if he’s leaving.
    LJ was sacked on a Tuesday.

Time to let emotions clam down, agree on a figure, and go our separate ways. Expect the same this week I think.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Time to let emotions clam down, agree on a figure, and go our separate ways. Expect the same this week I think.
    Sunday 27th of August for LJ

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

He was sacked on the Sunday.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    He was sacked on the Sunday.
    I feel a Craig David song coming on 🫣

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Hibs finally put out a Tweet, just Will Fish post match interview. Looks like Montgomery is safe for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Yer point is a load of ***** as I was slating Nisbet for the 2 years prior to his return when his performances and stats were absolutely shocking. I wasn’t slating in his last 4 months as turned into Superman.
    His absolutely shocking performances and stats that were better than Doidge’s, or any other striker at Hibs during his whole time here.

You were slating him constantly in a ridiculous manner while he was out injured. He came back and showed how important he was to us and made you look even sillier in the process.

In my opinion.

First Team Breakthrough West Upper's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: v HiiB3RNI4N x
    I think he will leave, if he stays and gets the summer to rebuild after he has lost a large number of the supporters. It only takes a couple of defeats early in the season for the supporters to want change and we will be in exactly the same situation as this season when LJ left.

Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post
    You do realize rookie managers can be successful? Look at who's top of the championship, it's his first job in management! It's unfair to slate the club for appointing Monty on the argument that he wasn't experienced enough when he had a good pedigree as a coach and success as a manager.

Sometimes things are harder than we anticipated, I've found that in my work, but a few years down the line I'm now doing well because my boss had the faith to support me when I needed it, and I was able to reshape my team.

Stability could well be key.
    They can but his record at Hibs is absolutely woeful. Club gambled on a rookie head coach from a weak league and it hasn’t worked…..biggest mistake we could make is to compound it by not acting now ….bye, bye Monty