hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These threads so often turn in to character assassinations. Piss poor.
    Seriously? If you're standing listening to someone that can't pronounce a 'th' do you think, sorry, fink, they're in any way intelligent?

Never met a person yet that did that and came out with anything other than nonsense. It's a basic sign of intelligence, being able to pronounce words, irrespective of accents.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He's now trying to blame the officials, he should 1st of all look at his starting line up and the 1st half inept performance, stop shifting the blame away from himself and the players.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    Seriously? If you're standing listening to someone that can't pronounce a 'th' do you think, sorry, fink, they're in any way intelligent?

Never met a person yet that did that and came out with anything other than nonsense. It's a basic sign of intelligence, being able to pronounce words, irrespective of accents.
    The Beast from the Chase says fink etc, he's an extremely intelligent guy.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    The Beast from the Chase says fink etc, he's an extremely intelligent guy.
    He's putting it on, and if he's not it because he's from Devon. Where it's genuinely part of the accent, like pure cockney, unlike anywhere else. He went to a grammar school and Oxford. It's just part of his TV character I suspect. Yokel is surprisingly intelligent shtick.
    Last edited by VoltaireHibs; 14-03-2024 at 10:00 AM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Proving my point nicely there.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    When our manager manages to not f##k up his starting 11 on a regular basis, and when pretty much every single fan was calling out the half time switch before kickoff then maybe we can assume he's not an idiot that thinks he's clever, which is a dangerous mixture that has predictable results.

Left by mutual consent!
    Proving my point nicely there.
    You'll have to expand on your point then.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I remain really conflicted on him. It’s like he’s nearly a really good manager but can’t quite get it over the line.

We were ten seconds of football away from everyone talking about a much improved second half, the character of the team to come back, digging in to see out the win despite an awful first half etc.

I watched the game on TV last night, my pictures were a good 3 or 4 minutes behind real time and even though i knew County had equalised, I’m watching it as the clock moved past seven minutes absolutely baffled as to how we could find ourselves in a position to not win from there.

My instinct is to stick up for him but you look at who we are dropping points to this season - everyone’s beating Ross County, their awful. We’ve got 5 points from 9 against them.

Trying not to knee jerk from last night, a win on Saturday changes the mood again but you can see from the reaction to a draw last night just how little credit he has in the bank with the support and to be honest, he can’t have any complaints about that.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

We’ve changed managers so often I feel we need to stick with him and give him until the end of the season or at least until it’s mathematically impossible to get top six.

The real problem we have is that I don’t trust the people charged with finding a new manager.
    What are the chances of them getting it right?
    It’ll get to the stage were we become a poison chalice for any manager.

I have absolutely no confidence in Monty at all but you only need to look at the shambles up the road in Aberdeen.
    They’d been better off just sticking with Jim Goodwin or Barry Robson. Look were it’s taken them!

Bottom line, he gets top six. He gets my vote!
    If not, it’s cheerio!

We need an upgrade on Youan. If he hasn't worked out what his role requires by now he never will. The fact he's one of our best attackers says more about how garbage we've been than it does about him.
    That's where I am.

And I don't think we can afford another half season whilst a new manager tries to figure out how to get a tune from Levitt and Youan.

I don't think Monty is perfect, far from it, but I think he identified that the midfield needed some serious upgrading as a priority and went out and did it. Like some others I'd like a little bit of acknowledgment from him that both he and the players have got things wrong but the injuries and refereeing decisions have made what should have been a superb run of results into a fairly average one.

I hope he gets the results he needs to keep his job in the coming weeks but if we doesn't, I don't really have a problem with Hibs being ruthless.

As per usual we have a power of work to do in the summer transfer window. I think we'd be best served with the preparation for that work being done now, and that doesn't allow for tearing it all up and starting again at any point within the next 6 months.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd get rid right now, if, the BK group were in charge of selecting the new manager. NM's done here. Too many fans have seen too much crap football. Even when his style works it's utterly tedious to watch. Recycle, recycle, wee attack, recycle, lose a goal, recycle, recycle. Tedious beyond belief.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I cant wait to see the end of this season, so we can have the clearout that's coming and i include the manager in that.

Foley and the black knights are not going to trust this man with their startegy and money, and we will have someone who can do the job much better before the start of the coming season.

Have to keep Monty and give him enough time to make a difference. We haven't got much wrong since the rock bottom of the St Mirren game and that is another good result last night. That is us now both performing well and getting results, made ourselves favourites for top 6 and in with a chance of hunting down 4th. That's 6 league games since the St Mirren game with no exaggeration we should have won them all - that's 5 league games unbeaten. In that time it is just the first half last night that was poor. It was a poor team set up but importantly he changed it at half time, so learning from mistakes, and we have gone on to grind out a great result on the road. Getting rid of Monty now would be utter madness. Earlier in the season it was dicey but why would anyone call for his head now - clowns.

He has to go, he's brought in players - some given to him by the Bournemouth link up and had enough time to have got it right. Terrible result last night - must win game v Ross County with a lead in 97 mins. Team set up piss poor and how anyone would play Marcondes up top with back to goal instead of deeper facing goal with play ahead of him is nuts - especially with the other options available. He is tactically naive. Constantly blaming officials when even with the poor decisions we should be doing enough to make them irrelevant. Struggle for top 6 now and 4th is gone. With the players at his disposal that is criminal, unbeaten in 5 but still can't string 2 wins together. Time and again switching off at the end of games with no game smarts to see it out. How anyone wants to give him time is beyond me - clowns

Two paragraphs separated by David Munro and Linesman giving Ross County a throw in.

I'd get rid right now, if, the BK group were in charge of selecting the new manager. NM's done here. Too many fans have seen too much crap football. Even when his style works it's utterly tedious to watch. Recycle, recycle, wee attack, recycle, lose a goal, recycle, recycle. Tedious beyond belief.
    There's no doubt it is like that at times. But there are other times when we seem to step the urgency up and it's really pretty good.

Most of our games recently, irrespective of the result in the end, have been characterised by long spells of ploddy rubbish, losing cheap goals but also some decent stuff and good attacking play when we're in full flow.

I don't expect us to be at our best for 90 minutes every week but our ability to flip back and forward between very different standards of performance is a bit bewildering.

I do wonder if it is deliberate and a game plan at times - try to stay in the game, play low tempo stuff, feel our way in - and then when we see the way the game is going to step it up and get the goals we need later in the game, rather than going out to blow teams away early on and during ourselves out, leaving ourselves with little in reserve if it doesn't come off?
    Last edited by Smartie; 14-03-2024 at 10:14 AM.

Youan at fault for not tracking back but also no Ross County player should come into the box without a defender in sight. Obita was posted missing, Rocky was out left picking up Murray to fill for Obita and both Fish and Cadden pulled over beyond the front post. Criminal the goals we concede late and for there to be so much space in the box in the dying seconds is unreal and is down to more than the left winger not tracking back.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew_dundee View Post
    I like him and I can see improvements.

If we get top 6 he should be given the summer to sort out the defence and get some good new blood in the team. The players he brought over January have been a big improvement and I'd like him to be able to build on that.

If we get bottom 6 he has to go.
    This is where I'm at too.

I understand the criticisms, he seems needlessly stubborn and some of his team selections and subs I really don't agree with.

But if the refs in this country could do their job probably we'd be at least 5 points better off from the recent celtic, hearts and county games - meaning top 6 would be almost confirmed and we'd be breathing down Killie and St mirren's necks.

You'll have to expand on your point then.
    I made it already. It goes beyond criticism of the manager and turns in to criticism of the man as a human being.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by McGruber View Post
    Have to keep Monty and give him enough time to make a difference. We haven't got much wrong since the rock bottom of the St Mirren game and that is another good result last night. That is us now both performing well and getting results, made ourselves favourites for top 6 and in with a chance of hunting down 4th. That's 6 league games since the St Mirren game with no exaggeration we should have won them all - that's 5 league games unbeaten. In that time it is just the first half last night that was poor. It was a poor team set up but importantly he changed it at half time, so learning from mistakes, and we have gone on to grind out a great result on the road. Getting rid of Monty now would be utter madness. Earlier in the season it was dicey but why would anyone call for his head now - clowns.

He has to go, he's brought in players - some given to him by the Bournemouth link up and had enough time to have got it right. Terrible result last night - must win game v Ross County with a lead in 97 mins. Team set up piss poor and how anyone would play Marcondes up top with back to goal instead of deeper facing goal with play ahead of him is nuts - especially with the other options available. He is tactically naive. Constantly blaming officials when even with the poor decisions we should be doing enough to make them irrelevant. Struggle for top 6 now and 4th is gone. With the players at his disposal that is criminal, unbeaten in 5 but still can't string 2 wins together. Time and again switching off at the end of games with no game smarts to see it out. How anyone wants to give him time is beyond me - clowns

Two paragraphs separated by David Munro and Linesman giving Ross County a throw in.
    Great post.

Sir Alex Ferguson

Left by mutual consent!
    I made it already. It goes beyond criticism of the manager and turns in to criticism of the man as a human being.
    Okay, I accept that. But a manager is going to be measured by his results, and his results will generally be based on how intelligent the man is. Managers these days don't strike me as an unintelligent bunch, often quite the opposite, especially when you get to the bigger clubs. NM just strikes me as a bit of a dullard and I think that impacts on his role at the club. It's too big a job for him, and in hindsight it probably always was.

There's nothing more dangerous than a dafty that thinks he's clever. Last nights starting lineup was proof of that.

I really want Monty to succeed, but I just don't think he's got it, unfortunately.
    Time to act quickly now and go for Michael O'Neil, before Aberdeen beat us to it.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    It's too big a job for him, and in hindsight it probably always was.
    Yup.

We're meant to be a top level club in Scotland with Euro ambitions. We need to get someone in who understands that and can deliver, instead of giving guys that fancy a shot at the job a go.

I really don't understand why we went for Maloney, LJ or NM. There was nothing about any of them to suggest they could cut it at Hibs.

Like others on here, I really hope the BKs are ruthless in the summer and we see huge changes.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by big gogs View Post
    Who is the manager to take us forward,who is the football genius waiting in the wings.i await on the replies.montgomery is here long term.next season I’m looking forward to .more money coming in than we’ve had before,on the pitch and off it,the players that came in January never let us down ,but it’s time for a change.
    I’ve not got the tools at my disposal that the club/BKFC have at their disposal to keep tabs on managers all over the world.

That doesn’t invalidate the point that we’re going absolutely nowhere with Montgomery in charge. I’ve got the tools to see that - my eyes.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Hibs class, eh?

Most of our fans are entitled morons

Criticise team selections, tactics all you like but the personal abuse aimed at our players and managers after every defeat is embarrassing and it's only been getting worse in recent years.

Folk will cry about our fans singing about the queen being dead then aim needless abuse at our own employees, makes me despair.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Yup.

We're meant to be a top level club in Scotland with Euro ambitions. We need to get someone in who understands that and can deliver, instead of giving guys that fancy a shot at the job a go.

I really don't understand why we went for Maloney, LJ or NM. There was nothing about any of them to suggest they could cut it at Hibs.

Like others on here, I really hope the BKs are ruthless in the summer and we see huge changes.
    I think it might be a BK group pick next. A continental manager. The upgrades at HTC will play a big part in who we hire next I think. It'll be someone with a reasonable track record of success bringing youth through. Well, it will be if the board have any brains.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    Hibs class, eh?

Criticise team selections, tactics all you like but the personal abuse aimed at our players and managers after every defeat is embarrassing and it's only been getting worse in recent years.

Folk will cry about our fans singing about the queen being dead then aim needless abuse at our own employees, makes me despair.
    Are most fans doing that?

Left by mutual consent!
    Hibs class, eh?

Maybe footballs not for you. Poor didums and all that. NM is in a very well paid role and is the public face and voice of our club. If you're in that role then you can expect and deserve criticism when it's due. I fought his team selection last night was moronic. Verfor I fink he's a moron.

Causation in exemplar.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Hibs class, eh?

Speak for yourself.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

A classy and really important point

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

Speech therapists might disagree.