hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My immediate reaction last night was here we go again, points dropped due to conceding an injury time goal. So I took a wee look this morning:
    8 Nov - St Mirren (A), goal conceded 90+2, 2 points dropped.
    27 Dec - Hearts (H), goal conceded 90+3, 1 point dropped.
    7 Feb - Celtic (H), goal conceded 90+2, 1 point dropped.
    13 Mar - Ross Co (A), goal conceded 90+8, 2 points dropped.
    You can add to that:
    6 Aug - St Mirren (H), goal conceded 89', 1 point dropped.
    I thought it might be worse (impressions eh?) but that is still unacceptable. These 7 points lost would have us on our own in 4th on 42 with St Mirren dropping to 39.
    I watched the last 20' of Plastic Whistle v Raith the other night. It wasn't pretty but Raith showed that they knew how to defend their 1-0 lead better than us.
    That makes depressing reading tbh. Shows poor mentality from players. I wonder how many points we have gained in 90 plus minutes?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    We went across the other side of the world for a guy who had very little credentials for the job. He always looked an iffy appointment but to be fair we've all backed him.

Week after week he's showing he is out of his depth sadly. In the last 2 games he's made 3 fatal errors. 1. Playing Marcondes up front x 2. 2. Not subbing Obita v huns when a blind man could see he was going to get another yellow. 3. Keeping Youan on the park when we went 2-1 and County went for broke with 4 attacking subs.

We've been shafted by the officials as well but the bottom line is the Manager is getting nowhere near enough points from the squad he has.
    Excellent post. It's like NM plays the game from a coaching manual, or an excel spreadsheet. A+B will automatically = C. Then the other team turn up.

I have never seen a manager who is as incapable of reading a game, as it unfolds, in my life. His stubbornness, or stupidity, will be the end of him. Good riddance at this point from me. Had more than enough of his football and uninspiring drivel.

I tend to agree. He's just not showing enough with a decent group of players. There's been good moments in a lot of our games but that's not enough and he doesn't seem to be learning.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    You absolutely can blame Youan. Jeezo.
    Jeezo? You are totally missing the point. Youan is a brainless footballer with little heart but at times outstanding attacking quality.

He is never going to be reliable when defending. Never.

Everybody knows that, hes proved it countless times costing us goals and he clearly will never have any sort of defensive nous. Therefore the manager HAS to be the one that takes the blame.
    Last edited by LaMotta; 14-03-2024 at 11:34 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Jeezo? You are totally missing the point. Youan is a brainless footballer with little heart but at times outstanding attacking quality.

He is never going to be reliable when defending. Never.

Everybody knows that, hes proved it countless times costing us goals and he clearly will never have any sort of defensive nous. Therefore the manager HAS to be the one that takes the blame.
    I don't disagree that NM should have taken him off as soon as we went 1-2 up. But if you're trying to hold a lead and Youan can't be arsed to track back when it's pretty obvious that he HAS to, then bag of tricks or not, he shouldn't be in a Hibs jersey full stop. Cadden felt he should have tracked back, he gave him stick about it at the time.

I don't disagree that NM should have taken him off as soon as we went 1-2 up. But if you're trying to hold a lead and Youan can't be arsed to track back when it's pretty obvious that he HAS to, then bag of tricks or not, he shouldn't be in a Hibs jersey full stop. Cadden felt he should have tracked back, he gave him stick about it at the time.
    Yeh I mean I think we agree it was so so bad from Youan. It's pointless blaming him though because he will never ever get that side of the game. His brain just doesnt get it.

He's hopeless at times and brilliant at times, the worrying bit is our manager doesnt know how to get the best out of him and its costing us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Yeh I mean I think we agree it was so so bad from Youan. It's pointless blaming him though because he will never ever get that side of the game. His brain just doesnt get it.

He's hopeless at times and brilliant at times, the worrying bit is our manager doesnt know how to get the best out of him and its costing us.
    If I had to play Youan I'd play him up top, straight through the middle. Minimal responsibility, maximum potential for beneficial return from his tricks.

As soon as we looked comfortable (struggling to remember such a thing) I'd sub him.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Exactly - so take off your biggest defensive liability and replace him with someone who isnt.
    It’s easy to say that, but the options on the bench once we went 2-1 up were. Hanlon, Stevenson, Mayenda, Macintyre & Whittaker. Not sure I see an obvious choice for a more solid right mid/right winger. Whittaker maybe the best option?

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    It’s easy to say that, but the options on the bench once we went 2-1 up were. Hanlon, Stevenson, Mayenda, Macintyre & Whittaker. Not sure I see an obvious choice for a more solid right mid/right winger. Whittaker maybe the best option?
    But its only easy to say that because Youan has cost us goals so many times by switching off.

I get what you mean re lack of options but the manager has to find a way get Youan off. He took Marcondes off and put Hanlon on. Marcondes was poor last night but id rather he was on the pitch than Youan. But yeah put Whittaker on. Or Stevenson. Just get Youan off.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Foley won’t put up with Monty, he will be gone at end of season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youan just seems to have turned into a massive *****bag.

If I had to play Youan I'd play him up top, straight through the middle. Minimal responsibility, maximum potential for beneficial return from his tricks.

As soon as we looked comfortable (struggling to remember such a thing) I'd sub him.
    Youan told me he prefers to play up front him and Maolida linked up well for the goal could be a good partnership