hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which blueprint? The Scottish Cup winning team that couldn't get out the Championship?
    Season 1 - Hearts go up
    Season 2 - Rangers go up
    Season 3- Hibs go up.

That team would absolutely wipe the floor with our current team.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Ah the old solid Scottish Spine. What a load of xenophobic rubbish. Here is the top 3 and their Scottish spines in their last outing.

1st Rangers - Butland, Goldson, Souttar, Lundstram, Diomande, Dessers. One Scot.
    2nd Celtic - Hart, Welsh, Scales, Iwata, Idah. One Scot.
    3rd Hearts - Gordon, Rowles, Sibbick, Devlin, Baningime, Grant, Shankland. Two Scots.

Out of 18 players from back to front in the "spine" there were 4 scots.

We need better players, it doesn't matter where they're from.
    I think it’s unfair to suggest that someone saying we could do with Scottish experience is being Xenophobic.

I genuinely think a decent manager would be getting much better results with our current squad, even with the players out injured or suspended.

Look at last night's starting eleven. When it was announced, and when we saw how they were set up, it was obvious to almost everybody that it was wrong... but our manager took until half time to work that out.

Plus our 'game management' when ahead is atrocious.

Which blueprint? The Scottish Cup winning team that couldn't get out the Championship?
    😂

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    I think it’s unfair to suggest that someone saying we could do with Scottish experience is being Xenophobic.
    Fair comment.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Season 1 - Hearts go up
    Season 2 - Rangers go up
    Season 3- Hibs go up.

That team would absolutely wipe the floor with our current team.
    So Hearts & Rangers were better than the magnificent Scottish blueprint we had.

Yes.

I mean no.

Well, maybe.

Stop playing your mind games with me

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    I think he will be here next season, he's proved recently he can get a tune out of better players. Referees and VAR haven't helped but yes we should be seeing games out.

He won't get sacked just because a few .netters get outraged at losing a late equaliser.
    Totally agree.

I think he will be here next season, he's proved recently he can get a tune out of better players. Referees and VAR haven't helped but yes we should be seeing games out.

He won't get sacked just because a few .netters get outraged at losing a late equaliser.
    Has he? The results are still awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty

Aye that's why folk want him sacked, because of one game last night. Nothing to do with the way we've been managed since he joined.

He's not going to keep his job just because a few .netters cannae see he's useless.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

And he's not even "getting a tune" out of the better players. Marcondes looks a real quality player, but he's been dug meat the last few games.

To be fair Hearts had a bit of a Scottish blueprint in their winning team that had also benefited from a years worth of experience in the Prem the year before. Guys like Neil Alexander, Patterson, Danny Wilson, Jamie Walker, Sam Nicholson, and James Keatings. But then they had not just Scottish guys but experience Scottish Football men like Gomis and Buaben as well.

Rangers the year after had Lee Wallace, Andy Halliday, Barrie Mackay, Danny Wilson again, Kenny Miller, Jason Holt.

I won't pretend all these guys are the best players I've ever seen but both sides had Scottish football experience to help newer guys adapt easier. I think we had that with Paul, Lewy, Daz, Gray, Allan, Boyle. But that's begun to chip away over the years and now you'd probably say the likes of Newell and Boyle are the most experienced out of those that now play with Paul and Lewy about to likely leave. Even Marsh hadn't even played up here for about 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    And he's not even "getting a tune" out of the better players. Marcondes looks a real quality player, but he's been dug meat the last few games.
    I’ll excuse him for being played out of position. But he was poor in his actual position at home to Ross County and not much better in his 45 minutes there against them last night.

Plenty to be critical of Montgomery for, but sometimes it’s on the players as well. Marcondes been poor since Tynecastle.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I’ll excuse him for being played out of position. But he was poor in his actual position at home to Ross County and not much better in his 45 minutes there against them last night.

Plenty to be critical of Montgomery for, but sometimes it’s on the players as well. Marcondes been poor since Tynecastle.
    Maolida was pretty awful last night too - fine goal obviously, but I'd struggle to remember a successful pass. Was like he couldn't handle the pitch with all the clipped passes flying way off target.

Of the last five unbeaten in the league, which results have been awful? Draws at Pittodrie and Tynecastle are always acceptable and were it not for dismal refereeing decisions we could have won both those games. Not winning last night was disappointing but again we've rarely had it easy at Dingwall and again we were screwed by a bewildering mistake by the officials. The two home wins were what we would expect (but have often failed to achieve under plenty of previous managers).

Losing (unluckily) at home to Celtic in the league and Rangers in the cup are hardly 'awful' results.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    Maolida was pretty awful last night too - fine goal obviously, but I'd struggle to remember a successful pass. Was like he couldn't handle the pitch with all the clipped passes flying way off target.
    Agree on Maolida. Wasted a few good positions but really good goal.

Pitch wasn’t good last night. Standing next to it, it looked rock hard and the ball was firing about on it.

@hibs.net private member
    My oh my - out the cup and 2 points dropped away and its pant wetting central again!

I should have known- the fact that in both games we were on the wrong end of abominable officiating would make no difference to the sack-the-manager brigade - they are just not happy unless their mattress is damp.

Season is 100% NOT over - plenty still to play for and I'll keep my powder dry re Monty until its all over.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    My oh my - out the cup and 2 points dropped away and its pant wetting central again!

I should have known- the fact that in both games we were on the wrong end of abominable officiating would make no difference to the sack-the-manager brigade - they are just not happy unless their mattress is damp.

Season is 100% NOT over - plenty still to play for and I'll keep my powder dry re Monty until its all over.
    Agree with that

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post

Having read this post I almost forgot he’s managed 30 games and not 2.

Look at our results since the new guys and the Australian guys have all been in the team then come back to tell me the results have been awful.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Having read this post I almost forgot he’s managed 30 games and not 2.
    Yip, it's the long knee jerk I've ever had. Taken about 5 months. I need to be more considered.

Left by mutual consent!
    Look at our results since the new guys and the Australian guys have all been in the team then come back to tell me the results have been awful.
    League form

Played 29
    Won 8
    Drawn 11
    Lost 10

Those are the only stats that matter at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    Yip, it's the long knee jerk I've ever had. Taken about 5 months. I need to be more considered.
    The fact he's not had a pre -season and only one transfer window ( the hardest one ) as well as numerous injuries to key players plus some horrendously bad decisions recently that's cost us enough points to have seen us sitting in 4th spot at this stage should be taken into account alright . Sad thing is though I think some have already made their mind up in he should go without giving him a chance .

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine&Caviar View Post
    6th is not total failure.
    Umm...

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Umm...
    You've actually got to rub your eyes after reading it to make sure that you've read it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    League form

Played 29
    Won 8
    Drawn 11
    Lost 10

Those are the only stats that matter at this point.
    That wasn't the question. Have results improved lately. The answer to that is yes, which is what matters.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    The fact he's not had a pre -season and only one transfer window ( the hardest one ) as well as numerous injuries to key players plus some horrendously bad decisions recently that's cost us enough points to have seen us sitting in 4th spot at this stage should be taken into account alright . Sad thing is though I think some have already made their mind up in he should go without giving him a chance .
    Shouldn't he be the one telling us that the dog ate his homework rather than you?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    That wasn't the question. Have results improved lately. The answer to that is yes, which is what matters.
    Can you tell me what good results he's got lately. I e. Results that we shouldn't routinely expect?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Shouldn't he be the one telling us that the dog ate his homework rather than you?
    😅 Spot on. But...but...but...

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    There are some who made their mind up as soon as he was appointed.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    There are some who made their mind up as soon as he was appointed.
    Not me, I supported his appointment, and I defended him at times, I can see why we made it too, catch someone on the way up etc. But it hasn't worked, on any metric. No shame in admitting it has been a poor appointment. And it has.