hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The season isn't over, and for that reason I probably wouldn't get rid quite yet. That said I'm not overly enthusiastic about the prospect of him staying for the summer and into next season at this rate either so maybe pulling the trigger would be the better option.

There had been an improvement in our performances to an extent over the last month or so but his starting XI tonight was just baffling, once again for me just proving that the guys either an idiot or naive. Neither are particularly great traits to have at this club at this point in time.
    The season IS over.

You think we can get a Euro spot?

We certainly cant win anything, so pray tell me what's left in this season for our long suffering support?

We can only pray the the BK's put somebody to us who can manage

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Genuinely can’t think of a season where we have conceded so many important goals in the last minute. Beyond a joke this season. It has to come down to poor management.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    The season IS over.

We certainly cant win anything, so pray tell me what's left in this season for our long suffering support?

Do I think it's likely? No not really. But we're 6 points off 5th which unless something has changed gets us Conference League as long as Aberdeen don't win the cup. So it's entirely possible we can make up 6 points on Killie and 7 on St Mirren considering we'd have to play them both in a top 6 scenario.

But right now the main focus is, and has been since the January window, finishing in that top 6 and seeing whatever we can do after that. Tonight's result doesn't really change that for me. Even if my confidence in the manager has taken another dunt.

Season’s not over but going to take something special just to match last season’s final league position - bleak.

Buy get your ST early or you’ll lose your seat. What an actual joke that is.
    Last edited by Real Emerald; 13-03-2024 at 10:37 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    The season IS over.

I scanned your post quicky and read that as Ben Kensall at first! Another failed manager on his watch and he'd be the next **** out the door.

Can't see Black Knights wanting to invest in players at the club only to have Montgomery manage them. His decision making time and time again throughout the season has been more than questionable. Crap team selection, crap formation, crap subs. Tactically naive and instills no confidence that he can improve things without us having a budget and squad that's magnitudes better to plaster over his poor management.

He has been given a greatly improved squad since January and still can’t string a few consecutive wins together. Don’t see any evidence he is the man to take us forward next season with the new investment.

Starting Emiliano up front again was baffling and taking 45 mins to correct it. He then gave up all control of the game by bringing Hanlon on for Emiliano. If you’re just trying to see out the game why leave Youan on when time and time again he costs us goals with his disinterest in defending!

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1992 View Post
    He has been given a greatly improved squad since January and still can’t string a few consecutive wins together. Don’t see any evidence he is the man to take us forward next season with the new investment.

Starting Emiliano up front again was baffling and taking 45 mins to correct it. He then gave up all control of the game by bringing Hanlon on for Emiliano. If you’re just trying to see out the game why leave Youan on when time and time again he costs us goals with his disinterest in defending!
    I wouldn't blame him for taking off Emi

He was pretty garbage, looked knackered and was just kicking the ball anywhere

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I'm no Monty fan but tell me how the season is over? We beat Livi, Dundee lose to the huns and we're 6th.
    6th? So what?

Quote Originally Posted by alexedwards View Post
    6th? So what?
    Exactly, anything less than 4th is sackable with the money we’ve spent.

People seeing 6th as an achievement 😂😂

6th? So what?
    Is that not better than 7th ?

Season isn’t over but I think he needs to go if we are to salvage anything from it. The players he has been given should be getting much better results than he is achieving with them. I can’t see him improving at all. I suspect any half decent interim manager would achieve a higher finish between now and summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was up to me I'd let Monty go at the end of the season, short of him going on a Steve-Clarke-at-Killie style run of results.

But I reckon all it'll take for him to be in charge come August is a top 6 finish, even 6th place behind Killie and St Mirren.

Unless I'm dreaming, we have 9 games left, 4 pre split and 5 after, so season still in full swing, lots to play for still
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by CathroMustStay View Post
    If it was up to me I'd let Monty go at the end of the season, short of him going on a Steve-Clarke-at-Killie style run of results.

But I reckon all it'll take for him to be in charge come August is a top 6 finish, even 6th place behind Killie and St Mirren.
    He wont be here next season

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Unless I'm dreaming, we have 9 games left, 4 pre split and 5 after, so season still in full swing, lots to play for still
    Yep. We’ve also just been cheated out of four points through awful refereeing within the last week alone, it could easily have been twelve from twelve.

I realise some want someone who rants and raves like Lennon after games but the almighty overreaction every time we as much as drop a point, irrelevant of circumstance, is pathetic.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

First Team Regular ruthven_raiders's Avatar
    6th? So what?
    Then next two games are winnable, then post split will be interesting, if we don't win those games then quite rightly the powers that be will be looking at his performance to evaluate if he should be given next season. The post split fixtures would be tough to make any in roads if we don't win those games....

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    He has four games to save his job and changing the manager this late will do nothing. Nice to see yous all back, by the way.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    This place is its usual rational self after a disappointing result I see.

We've been absolutely robbed of at least 7 points over 4 different league games in the last few weeks ffs. Had we got the wins against County, Hearts and Aberdeen that we would have had with proper refereeing, plus at least a draw against celtic things would be looking very different indeed.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    He has four games to save his job and changing the manager this late will do nothing. Nice to see yous all back, by the way.
    I've missed them.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post

We've been absolutely robbed of at least 7 points over 4 different league games in the last few weeks ffs. Had we got the wins against County, Hearts and Aberdeen that we would have had with proper refereeing, plus at least a draw against celtic things would be looking very different indeed.
    Rational?

Montgomery has only won 28% of his games. You make it sound like disappointing results are a rarity when in fact they make up the majority of his time here.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I know what you are saying, but.....if we don't achieve top 6, we already have enough points not to be concerned about a playoff etc so the season will just peter out.

In that context, there are 4 very important matches to come.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He’s got to finish at least 5th to have any chance of keeping his job. Even if he does finish 5th if we don’t start next season in good form, like LJ, he’ll be out the door and it starts all over again. I’m leaning towards punting him in the summer and letting the Black Knights help with the next appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    Out the cup and desperately scrabbling to finish sixth.
    An abject failure.
    Yep, losing to Rangers in the cup is abject failure right enough.

Personally I retain an inkling we're on the right road with Montgomery. The St Mirren debacle had the feel of a game many managers don't come back from but I've been impressed by the way he and the team have responded since then and I think he has an eye for a player judging by the January recruits.

We've been too quick to fire the trigger in the past (Jack Ross) and I think we need to be patient here. Sure, we should have won last night but I don't think we're far away from being a decent side.

Have to agree that defensively we've not been good enough, but Referees have cost us two points in each our last 3 away games and probably a point against Celtic. It's not all Montys fault

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post

The nosedive in form at the end of last year didn't help but yes, we've been on the wrong end of a lot of poor decisions, including last night.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    The red line for any Hibs manager now has to be "top six or you're out". I'm more than content to see things play out; wouldn't surprise me to see him emptied if and when top six is no longer possible.

Once the Foley money comes in it'll likely be "top four or you're out".

To be fair he's been absolutely done by refereeing decisions.

We could, and probably should, have another 9 points and be sitting comfortably in the top 6.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Rational?

Montgomery has only won 28% of his games. You make it sound like disappointing results are a rarity when in fact they make up the majority of his time here.
    If you ignore context and look only at results then sure. The results have been crap.

The fly in the ointment of that argument is that since the St mirren debacle (and I'd happily have seen him emptied after that) we have been pretty good and if we'd won all 6 games since then we'd have deserved it.
    Our defence is still a problem of course, but when we're continually shafted with decisions in what feels like every single game now then I don't feel the cold hard statistics of results can be the only barometer of how we and the manager are doing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    The red line for any Hibs manager now has to be "top six or you're out". I'm more than content to see things play out; wouldn't surprise me to see him emptied if and when top six is no longer possible.

Once the Foley money comes in it'll likely be "top four or you're out".
    I don’t think he’ll be sacked during this season but I don’t think he’ll be here next season.

No point bringing someone in to start their reign with a few meaningless games at the end of a season and potentially getting off to a bad start. NM will get until the top 6, if he’s bottom 6 then we’ll be working behind the scenes on the next man, if it’s top 6 then I’d suspect we’ll still be doing the same, but with an eye on keeping him if we get 4th.