hibs.net Messageboard

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Quote Originally Posted by hfcok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yohan at fault again, even Cadden is asking why are you not tracking back.
    He’s a liability. Lost count of how many goals he’s cost us this season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    On the flip side he has 8 goals and 8 assists, comfortably more than anyone else.
    He was a factor in that goal but hardly the only one. How Murray got the ball across so easily and how the ball managed to trundle past three defenders and our keeper need looked at too.
    Obviously the bizarre amount of stoppage time, the awarding and taking of the throw in and our ridiculous first half formation didn't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    The throw in getting taken further down the field happens all the time, not sure it's that big of a deal. Our defending however
    A throw in, which was ours, doesn't get taken 15 yards down the pitch, that doesn't happen in every game.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    He’s a defensive liability. Yet we continuously play him in a position where he’s expected to defend.

He doesn’t actually just refuse to track his man, he’s just not aware of him getting away cos he’s ball watching. When he realises Dhanda has made the run it’s too late and he’s no chance.

I’m not absolving him of blame, I’d have hoped he’d be more aware, but he’s not a defender. It’s no his game to be tracking player’s defensively. We’re only hurting ourselves by having him in a role that he needs to be tracking back like that.

You wouldn’t expect to be able to play Rocky up front and have him do a good attacking job, it’s the same thing for me.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    He’s a defensive liability. Yet we continuously play him in a position where he’s expected to defend.

He doesn’t actually just refuse to track his man, he’s just not aware of him getting away cos he’s ball watching. When he realises Dhanda has made the run it’s too late and he’s no chance.

I’m not absolving him of blame, I’d have hoped he’d be more aware, but he’s not a defender. It’s no his game to be tracking player’s defensively. We’re only hurting ourselves by having him in a role that he needs to be tracking back like that.

You wouldn’t expect to be able to play Rocky up front and have him do a good attacking job, it’s the same thing for me.
    Totally agree, he’s so lazy, he does one good thing in a game and 10 bad, how many times does he lose the ball when he’s attacking as well, dosent want to release at the right time, apart from the one assist last night.

I am struggling to see how this is Youan’s fault, boy playing wide left for County scores, surely should be picked up by the right back?

There’s no need for the full back to be in the middle of the box marking the striker with the centre back marking no one. Pass the man on and mark the back post, that gets cleared and we win the game if we do that. Same with the first goal too, Obita sucked in for next to no reason and the boy taps it in, if he stays back post he clears it easy

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Exuberance1875 View Post
    I am struggling to see how this is Youan’s fault, boy playing wide left for County scores, surely should be picked up by the right back?

There’s no need for the full back to be in the middle of the box marking the striker with the centre back marking no one. Pass the man on and mark the back post, that gets cleared and we win the game if we do that. Same with the first goal too, Obita sucked in for next to no reason and the boy taps it in, if he stays back post he clears it easy
    I don’t think that’s an unfair point in terms of the full back being in the middle of the box. However Youan is watching what’s unfolding and can see the full back is out of position, so he has to follow him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    I don’t think that’s an unfair point in terms of the full back being in the middle of the box. However Youan is watching what’s unfolding and can see the full back is out of position, so he has to follow him.
    He's another one with no brains. Certainly not of the football variety anyway. Sure he's a nice enough guy but in terms of game awareness, whether that be tracking back or knowing when to take a player on or pass, he is miles away from SPL standard.

Said it before. He's a 5's player that's got the athleticism to play full size football. Nothing about him makes me think he's had a decent education in football terms. Like watching a boxer that hasn't fought amateur, the basics haven't been taught to them at a young age, and it always shows.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Youann and Levitt should probably be moved on.

Both offer very little.

Levitt makes zero effort and cost us a goal.
    Youann is a show pony with bags of skill but no use if he can’t concentrate.

Both have had plenty chances to prove us wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    He's another one with no brains. Certainly not of the football variety anyway. Sure he's a nice enough guy but in terms of game awareness, whether that be tracking back or knowing when to take a player on or pass, he is miles away from SPL standard.

Said it before. He's a 5's player that's got the athleticism to play full size football. Nothing about him makes me think he's had a decent education in football terms. Like watching a boxer that hasn't fought amateur, the basics haven't been taught to them at a young age, and it always shows.
    Combined he’s got 16 goals and assists this season. You don’t do that if you don’t know how to play football.

Think it was easty made a good point - you wouldn’t expect Rocky to go up top and do the attacking side of the game well, I’m not sure Youan, an attacker, should be written off because he can’t do the defensive side of the game well. Especially when his attacking output is pretty good. You wouldn’t write off a defender with fairly good defensive statistics due to them missing a few attacking one on ones.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 14-03-2024 at 11:34 AM.

If you believe our official website, Levitt has a higher pass completion rate than both Newell and MW for us.

Found that interesting given it’s quite often something that’s quipped on here.

Combined he’s got 16 goals and assists this season. You don’t do that if you don’t know how to play football.

Think it was easty made a good point - you wouldn’t expect Rocky to go up top and do the attacking side of the game well, I’m not sure Youan, an attacker, should be written off because he can’t do the defensive side of the game well. Especially when his attacking output is pretty good. You wouldn’t write off a defender with fairly good defensive statistics due to them missing a few attacking one on ones.
    His ball for Maolida’s goal last night was a beauty too.

He’s definitely not in the ‘get rid’ category. We’ll need to be bringing in proper quality (more than a few months loan) in attack, before we can afford to just dismiss players with attributes like Youan.

Left by mutual consent!

I think he's a chaos machine. Good chaos and bad chaos. I just posted elsewhere that the only way I'd have Youan in the team is directly up top through the middle. Anywhere else and he's just too much of a liability defensively.

His stats are good, but let's see a stat showing how many goals he's cost us. Because it's more than one or two this season. Not sure he's a team player either. More a Youan player.

On the Rocky/Youan point. It's not comparable. Every forward player in the modern game is expected to lead the press. I can't think of one successful team that has a lazy player up front. In the past maybe, but in the last ten years? Nope.

And no one would be asking Rocky to curl one in on the volley, in the same way no one is asking Youan to defend in our own box. What he's being asked to do is close space down, cut off runs, even just get in the way and give the defence time to organise, which every player has to do at times.

He just doesn't have the brains or the appetite.
    Last edited by VoltaireHibs; 14-03-2024 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    A throw in, which was ours, doesn't get taken 15 yards down the pitch, that doesn't happen in every game.

Suggested it in the past but simple solution to reduce the unfair advantage gained by the cheats who steal yards at throw-ins (including us) is to have a short line perpendicular to the touchline every 10m, and the ref indicates that you must take the throw-in within the sector in which the ball went out. It still might mean someone gaining 9m if the ball went out near the start of a sector but that sort of gain is pretty standard anyway and it would stop the 10m + gains like last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Suggested it in the past but simple solution to reduce the unfair advantage gained by the cheats who steal yards at throw-ins (including us) is to have a short line perpendicular to the touchline every 10m, and the ref indicates that you must take the throw-in within the sector in which the ball went out. It still might mean someone gaining 9m if the ball went out near the start of a sector but that sort of gain is pretty standard anyway and it would stop the 10m + gains like last night.
    There was a "campaign" years ago in Scottish football where it was deemed a foul throw. Abandoned. Even actual foul throws are seen everywhere these days.

@hibs.net private member
    I think he's a chaos machine. Good chaos and bad chaos. I just posted elsewhere that the only way I'd have Youan in the team is directly up top through the middle. Anywhere else and he's just too much of a liability defensively.

His stats are good, but let's see a stat showing how many goals he's cost us. Because it's more than one or two this season. Not sure he's a team player either. More a Youan player.

On the Rocky/Youan point. It's not comparable. Every forward player in the modern game is expected to lead the press. I can't think of one successful team that has a lazy player up front. In the past maybe, but in the last ten years? Nope.

And no one would be asking Rocky to curl one in on the volley, in the same way no one is asking Youan to defend in our own box. What he's being asked to do is close space down, cut off runs, even just get in the way and give the defence time to organise, which every player has to do at times.

Of course they’re comparable. Youan is being asked to defend in a team that was camped in towards the end of the game. The role Montgomery has had him playing for a lot of this season has seen him having to do a lot more defensive work, something which he’s clearly not good at, hence why we’re sitting asking why he’s cost so many goals.

If we’re going to attempt to shut up shop, then you take Youan off as he can’t do it. You dont leave him on then go bananas when he shows you he’s no good at defending, something which everyone already knew.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 14-03-2024 at 02:34 PM.

I don't think he's lazy, but sometimes a little careless and lacking appetite, as you say.

The way he's played under Monty is one of a few pieces of evidence that make me — almost unbelievably — think Johnson was a better manager.

Left by mutual consent!
    Of course they’re comparable. Youan is being asked to defend in a team that was camped in towards the end of the game. The role Montgomery has had him playing for a lot of this season has seen him having to do a lot more defensive work, something which he’s clearly not good at, hence why we’re sitting asking why he’s cost so many goals.

If we’re going to attempt to shut up shop, then you take Youan off as he can’t do it. You dont leave him on then go bananas when he shows you he’s no good at defending, something which everyone already knew.
    I agree with your last paragraph, NM should have taken him off. But Youan is never a professional footballer, he's a Youan footballer. Plays it like he's the only guy on the pitch. I'd play him from he start in fact, and in the second minute if he didn't track back I'd sub him right off. Because if we're going to persevere with him then he needs a serious shake.

No modern team can carry a guy that thinks the dirty work is beneath him. Bag of tricks, aye, but as likely to gift the ball to the opposition as do something useful.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    I don't think he's lazy, but sometimes a little careless and lacking appetite, as you say.

The way he's played under Monty is one of a few pieces of evidence that make me — almost unbelievably — think Johnson was a better manager.

Maybe because LJ was also something of a chaos machine. 😁 Whatever else we think of LJ, his team created chances. Shambolic, weak, confusing, but generally attacking. Our Xg, or whatever it's called, under him was ridiculously high at one point.

I agree with your last paragraph, NM should have taken him off. But Youan is never a professional footballer, he's a Youan footballer. Plays it like he's the only guy on the pitch. I'd play him from he start in fact, and in the second minute if he didn't track back I'd sub him right off. Because if we're going to persevere with him then he needs a serious shake.

No modern team can carry a guy that thinks the dirty work is beneath him. Bag of tricks, aye, but as likely to gift the ball to the opposition as do something useful.
    He's still very likely the player that would fetch us the most cash if we were to sell this summer.

That's not through just having a bag of tricks.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    He's still very likely the player that would fetch us the most cash if we were to sell this summer.

That's not through just having a bag of tricks.
    In the league he has 4 goals and 5 assists. He's not making us much on those stats. Moriah-Welsh or Rocky will make us more I reckon.

Testimonial Due Tha Cabbage Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

why did VAR not check it?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Cabbage Kid View Post
    why did VAR not check it?
    Don’t think VAR can.