hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What teams would you like to see ticket allocations cut for?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just Rangers

46 29.68%
  • Just Celtic

0 0%
  • Rangers AND Celtic

101 65.16%
  • Rangers AND Celtic AND Hearts

5 3.23%
  • Other (specify below)

3 1.94%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure the Hibs board have thought this through.

Who do they ban, why do they ban them, length of ban for each offence, how do they treat Hibs fans - in my experience taking the moral high ground on these issues rarely works out.

On Sunday I was sitting next to a 12? year old boy who was there with his dad. I was more offended by the boys language and actions than I was by the Rangers fans - I don't know any of the songs and couldn't make out the words to any of them apart from the one about Boyle - and I've heard the same sentiment sung by Hibs fans.

Are we going to be in a position where anyone can ask Hibs to ban anyone whos' behaviour they don't like?

I would have thought Hibs would have got the agreement of the other clubs to a firm plan and sounded out the broadcasters and press before going public with this - they have had 50 years to sort it out. Maybe they have. I can't see Hibs winning this issue on their own - they need everyone else on board.
    Did you hear the PA announcement before kick off on Sunday?

Maybe you missed the fact Sevco 'banned' Celtic fans from Ibrox when King was chairman. They didn't 'ban' anyone - they just didn't sell them tickets. Now they sell them a few. Likewise Hibs aren't 'banned' from Ibrox - they just sell us 800-900 tickets. Meanwhile over at Tynecastle the same thing happens, Sevco get a few tickets. So I think you might find it has been thought through.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    From the chants over the years at ER like Allen Ormen and now Martin Boyle has had and them disrupting football fans showing their respect to the sad passing of our chairman not once but twice . Just Sevco .
    Both Celtic and Rangers ,neither can take the moral high ground over each other.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    No your right about the two wrongs. But we're quick enough to condemn other supporters for their behaviour when it happens in our own backyard.

The ticket and wrist band system would go some way to alleviate that. Must show both the get to the turnstile, and theres little chance of someone being able to get a wrist band off and pass that back as well as a ticket during the checks.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    The ticket and wrist band system would go some way to alleviate that. Must show both the get to the turnstile, and theres little chance of someone being able to get a wrist band off and pass that back as well as a ticket during the checks.
    The problem is (with the Old Firm and us at Tynecastle etc) is there's just too many of them, and the police and stewards aren't wanting to risk their own safety, or start a riot, by challenging them.

There's going to be a lot of fingers being pointed the first time someone is seriously injured (or worse) as a result of it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Wrist band is a good idea. I'm guessing it would be sent with your ticket. It would also be quicker and easier to check upon entering. Only slight downside to it would be the chance to copy them.

Where’s the Block 7 option?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    Wrist band is a good idea. I'm guessing it would be sent with your ticket. It would also be quicker and easier to check upon entering. Only slight downside to it would be the chance to copy them.

Not if they are made of material with the sort of zip lock mechanism on them, like the ones you get at concerts, once they're on tight they don't come off unless you cut them. Should have the date and time of the fixture on them and be a certain colour.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.