hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What teams would you like to see ticket allocations cut for?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just Rangers

46 29.68%
  • Just Celtic

0 0%
  • Rangers AND Celtic

101 65.16%
  • Rangers AND Celtic AND Hearts

5 3.23%
  • Other (specify below)

3 1.94%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who would you like to see ticket allocations limited for?

Seen a few different preferences on here. Who would you like to see allocations cut for?
    Last edited by andrew_dundee; 12-03-2024 at 11:46 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ban Rangers, monitor Celtic.

Rangers fans behaviour at ER has been getting worse and worse the last two or three seasons. This coincides with them having no old firm derby to shout at each other at with their mutual fan bans, so we have become their outlet for sectarian bile in Celtics place. They basically treat it like an old firm derby in terms of context and opportunity to get the song book out.

Just Sevco as no other club in World football comes remotely close to their horrible fan base.

Home or away their choice of song glorifies countless terrorist atrocities, hates minorities, detests other religions and is outright racist towards certain other countries.

Their embracing of English Nationalism is however honest and heartfelt though very weird but never offensive but it's hard to avoid the extreme fascist undertones. .

However there is something inheritingly evil about a majority fan base who thinks it routinely acceptable to abuse and disrupt moments of rememberance and to wish the death of a seriously injured player while abusing his perceived religious affiliations.

Reducing the number of these creatures to the bare minimum can only make Easter Road stadium and it's surrounding area a far safer environment and puts down a marker as to what is acceptable behaviour in the 21st century.

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    Just rangers, that club shoulda buried once and for all in 2012 and not back as a more vile tribute act.

@hibs.net private member
    Got to be just Rangers. They are reprehensible.

@hibs.net private member
    Rangers.

Watch Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got to be just Rangers. They are reprehensible.
    Spot on.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Just Rangers

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Both old firm without a doubt for me.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Just Rangers. If only the seethe it will cause them at being singled out.

Keep an eye on Celtic.

J

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Both. On safety grounds too, both ends are massively overcrowded when either team visit.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Ban rangers and turn it into a Hibs kids game to show them they aren't as important as they think they are.

Sent from my moto g32 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    I think there is a sliding scale here. I think we slash the rangers and monitor those that do come, with a view to increasing their number on acceptable behaviour.
    I think we monitor Celtic carefully and give them the opportunity to behave safely or see the same reduction as the rangers.

In my view we have to show that we are not treating every club the same and that there is a line that cannot be crossed for every support.

Which brings me to the point where I think we also have to be prepared to sanction sections of our own support if they cross the line too. Someone has to have a serious word with the reasonable representatives of Block 7 and get this message firmly across. Any action, thereafter, should include no allocation of away tickets as well as restrictions at ER.

If we are going to do this we need to do it even handedly and properly.

Rangers - Sectarianism, unacceptable chanting, Pyro, stadium damage

Celtic - Unacceptable chanting, Pyro, stadium damage

That's it.

Just Rangers, let their allocation being cut be a warning to Celtic. No strike system, one step out of line and they get theirs slashed too. Things would have to be REALLY bad for me to want Hearts allocation cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Rangers and Celtic. I can do without listening to 90 minutes of IRA pish as much as I can do without hearing about Derry Walls
    Last edited by .Sean.; 13-03-2024 at 07:14 AM.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Just Sevco.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Just Rangers
    Complete ban on The Rangers. Cut allocation for Celtic

First Team Breakthrough Ralphy C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    Ban Rangers, monitor Celtic.

Rangers fans behaviour at ER has been getting worse and worse the last two or three seasons. This coincides with them having no old firm derby to shout at each other at with their mutual fan bans, so we have become their outlet for sectarian bile in Celtics place. They basically treat it like an old firm derby in terms of context and opportunity to get the song book out.
    Wouldv'e chose this option if availablebut it wasn'tso both of them.

I would cut Rangers allocation right away and keep a close eye on the behaviour of Celtic fans.
    Really hope our own morons stop undermining this with their stupidity both in choice of songs and missile throwing.

Complete ban on celtic, and the ranger's.
    I've had more than enough of their sectarian songs!

Just Rangers. Monitor Celtc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Both. On safety grounds too, both ends are massively overcrowded when either team visit.
    100%, they've both been taking the piss with that for ages and failed to get their houses in order about it.

Rangers fans are more of a punch down mentality but I'm sick of the resurgence of the IRA love-in from Celtic supporters.

If you can limit their impact on the park with a smaller support, or see an increase in Hibs supporter's attending those games because there are fewer of them then those are other good reasons to limit them.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew_dundee View Post
    Seen a few different preferences on here. Who would you like to see allocations cut for?
    I'm not sure the Hibs board have thought this through.

Who do they ban, why do they ban them, length of ban for each offence, how do they treat Hibs fans - in my experience taking the moral high ground on these issues rarely works out.

On Sunday I was sitting next to a 12? year old boy who was there with his dad. I was more offended by the boys language and actions than I was by the Rangers fans - I don't know any of the songs and couldn't make out the words to any of them apart from the one about Boyle - and I've heard the same sentiment sung by Hibs fans.

Are we going to be in a position where anyone can ask Hibs to ban anyone whos' behaviour they don't like?

I would have thought Hibs would have got the agreement of the other clubs to a firm plan and sounded out the broadcasters and press before going public with this - they have had 50 years to sort it out. Maybe they have. I can't see Hibs winning this issue on their own - they need everyone else on board.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Rangers only they have a serious issue with hatred and racism.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    See folk not wanting to cut Celtics allocation, why? Celtic get a massive boost coming here and having a whole stand rocking. It gives them an advantage especially when they’re on top in a game, why would you not want to take that away from them. The Celtic support is also ****my, albeit a level or two lower than the Huns but still. Get the pair of them in the bin
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    See folk not wanting to cut Celtics allocation, why? Celtic get a massive boost coming here and having a whole stand rocking. It gives them an advantage especially when they’re on top in a game, why would you not want to take that away from them. The Celtic support is also ****my, albeit a level or two lower than the Huns but still. Get the pair of them in the bin
    Because as a support, they are by a good margin, worse than Celtic's support. Anyone who was attended games with both supports over the years and has a pair of eyes and ears can see that.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 13-03-2024 at 08:32 AM.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I voted for Ranger AND Celtic but it would be funny to just cut Rangers' allocation. The seethe would be hilarious.

From the chants over the years at ER like Allen Ormen and now Martin Boyle has had and them disrupting football fans showing their respect to the sad passing of our chairman not once but twice . Just Sevco .