hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bbc

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by monarch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alex Thomson.

Also on the receiving end of threats from members of Scottish media.

David Leggat (ex Daily Record) springs to mind.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4KroVyuSBiU

Hugh Keevins way back then showing you the state of Scottish football journalism - nothing to do with me lads, biggest story in a century but I’ve got two semi finals to do 😂😂

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by raeburnhibs View Post
    Not sure about that, I think these guys have a measure of editorial control to frame a story the way they see fit, It was bizarre how (in my opinion) he chose to do it, but as others subsequently pointed out, he has been on the sharp end of some blowback in the past. This AND the overall BBC's reluctance to tackle the Hun full on behind this
    BBC Scotland News items are timed to the second.Tight editorial control.Can’t overrun as it is an opt out from the main channel and needs to go to the next national programme at7.00 on the dot.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I give you; Pat Nevin. Hibs fan. History of speaking out against sectarianism (started supporting us after he became sick of sectarian chanting from Celtic, his fathers club). Very visible at the BBC (did the Five Live radio commentary with John Murray of Liverpool Man City at the weekend). Intelligent and eloquent. kudos as an ex-player. Probably doesnt want the hassle, theres about 1690 reasons not to, but you never know, his emails address is easily accessible...
    His car was in the Easter Road car park on Sunday.Maybe someone else driving it?
    Last edited by ancient hibee; 13-03-2024 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James70 View Post
    So if the singing was anti semitic, anti Muslim, anti black or anti LGBTQ could you imagine the uproar but sectarian, well that's just normal in Scotland, nothing to get excited about. The cancer Scottish football has to live with.
    More accurate to say , chosen to live with .What would be interesting to know is who really is pulling the strings when it comes to not being prepared to tackle Sectarianism within Football Just panning it off with comments like it’s a Societal Issue
    Last edited by Ronniekirk; 13-03-2024 at 01:48 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    More accurate to say , chosen to live with .What would be interesting to know is who really is pulling the strings when it comes to not being prepared to tackle Sectarianism within Football Just panning it off with comments like it’s a Societal Issue
    It was interesting that BBC Radio Scotland chose to have a phone in debate this morning about racist comments made by a Tory party donator. Legitimate enough but I am just wondering when Kay Adams will have a similar phone in dedicated to racial and sectarian attitudes in Scottish football?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Societal, structural and endemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It mightn’t be the biggest shock if Alex Thomson’s ears pricked up, should this story gain any further traction over the coming weeks.
    I'm expecting that too.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I
    His car was in the Easter Road car park on Sunday.Maybe someone else driving it?
    He definitely did the big game on the radio. Maybe hes got a really fast car

Coaching Staff
    Did The Rangers win tonight 😂 what an utter The Rangers love in that Sportsound has become 😂😫 they were rubbish tonight in a home game they could have won - you’d think they’re winning the treble easily now !!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Did The Rangers win tonight 😂 what an utter The Rangers love in that Sportsound has become 😂😫 they were rubbish tonight in a home game they could have won - you’d think they’re winning the treble easily now !!
    So they get dumped out of Europe at home. I imagine the BBC were all over any sectarian singing.

Ross County v Hibs barely got a mention on the BBC on Wednesday, all about The Rangers european tie and Aberdeen.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    It was interesting that BBC Radio Scotland chose to have a phone in debate this morning about racist comments made by a Tory party donator. Legitimate enough but I am just wondering when Kay Adams will have a similar phone in dedicated to racial and sectarian attitudes in Scottish football?
    Can just see it

"Hi, on call Kaye this morning we'll be discussing sectarianism at rangers games so why don't you call in and tell us how much you hate the SNP."

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    Can just see it

"Hi, on call Kaye this morning we'll be discussing sectarianism at rangers games so why don't you call in and tell us how much you hate the SNP."
    Kind of sounds a bit like The Nolan Show on BBC Radio Ulster!

The BBC don’t shy away from controversial topics in NI (although you could argue that the presenter does like to stoke the fires to ensure lively phone lines for the morning radio show) so no real reason why BBC Scotland should be shying away from such topics.

Today's drive - and yes we really should know better-was like something out of a situation comedy where pundit parodies of themselves tried to outdo their own caricatures.

Going through there's loads of nonsense about the symbiotic relationship between journalists and players/managers with McIntyre telling Tam Cowan that journalists work hand in glove with football people to get them publicity or even mentioned to clubs in relation to getting contracts/jobs. They said the unsaid bit out loud.

However, on the way back Michael Stewart and Kevin-if-i-were-chocolate-id-eat-myself-Thomson tried to outdo each other in a cranky parody of themselves. Thomson constantly going on about young managers not getting a break whilst Stewart pushed Jack Ross and Neil Lennon for the Sheep job.
    They both love the sound of their own voice but this was toe curlingly childish stuff. Ego v Ego.

Biscuits and Mikey Stewart having a right old fight.
    Mikey saying weve seen progress and Monty deserves time.
    Biscuits has seen no improvement and should be sacked if we finish bottom six.
    Tom English takes Biscuits side, while mentioning weve been poorly treated by VAR.

I do sometimes think they play assigned roles, copying some of the views they read from posters on here.