hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neil Doncaster has come out very strongly against strict liability on a number of occasions - his stance is that individual fans should be punished more severly. However we know that Police Scotland would face an almost impossible task with that so it wont get us anywhere.
    Punishing individual fans is a waste of time when dealing with the Old Firm as they have so many supporters, you ban one bigot and there is another 1000 waiting to take their place.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Neil Doncaster has come out very strongly against strict liability on a number of occasions - his stance is that individual fans should be punished more severly. However we know that Police Scotland would face an almost impossible task with that so it wont get us anywhere.
    If Celtic and Sevco wanted strict liability Doncaster would be strongly in favour of it.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Punishing individual fans is a waste of time when dealing with the Old Firm as they have so many supporters, you ban one bigot and there is another 1000 waiting to take their place.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    If Celtic and Sevco wanted strict liability Doncaster would be strongly in favour of it.

Thats why I think its worth pushing for. In general we have a miniority committing offences, and only on an occasional basis. Rangers have thousands every week committing offences punishable under strict liability.
    Last edited by LaMotta; 12-03-2024 at 04:21 PM.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Understand this view.....but with punishments and offences clearly listed at the beginning of any implementation, you would hope there would be less room for the type of wooly and inconsistent interpration we see from Scottish officials.

I'm probably living in cloud cuckoo land with that hope though....
    But the punishment stage only comes once their has been an investigation and charges brought. Like with VAR, if the SFA investigate and claim there are no charges to answer then (certain) clubs won’t be punished.

Like with VAR, they’ll just claim they didn’t see/hear any offence.

But the punishment stage only comes once their has been an investigation and charges brought. Like with VAR, if the SFA investigate and claim there are no charges to answer then (certain) clubs won’t be punished.

Yeh I'm scepitical too to be fair.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Understand this view.....but with punishments and offences clearly listed at the beginning of any implementation, you would hope there would be less room for the type of wooly and inconsistent interpretation we see from Scottish officials.

I'm probably living in cloud cuckoo land with that hope though....
    Have you seen what they’ve done with VAR?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Can only imagine the fine we would have had at Tynecastle for these idiots throwing things on the pitch.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar

Got to start somewhere - if clubs put in decent digital gear to evidentially pick up the bile we all hear it will be increasingly difficult to get away with 'Move on, nothing to hear here,' especially if wealthy benefactors
    are happy to threaten court action if the playing field is obviously less than even.
    Been so long since I thought anything could change & so meybes suddenly over-optimistic but this has been so long coming, it's difficult not to think, 'This time, finally.....'

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Can only imagine the fine we would have had at Tynecastle for these idiots throwing things on the pitch.
    Aye but we would have deserved it. Hopefully the morons engaging it that kind of behaviour would accept it was utterly counter-productive, assuming they are actually genuine fans and
    pack it in.
    As long as the Old firm get the same treatment.....

Coaching Staff
    Sorry but why just invite Hibs ? Invite all the top tier clubs, the match delegates they employ, and all the safety managers at clubs too. This sounds like an appeasement exercise in the hope “it goes away”.

Left by mutual consent!
    This will be a damage limitation exercise by the SFA. An attempt at a wee cozy arm around the shoulder 'Is there anything we can do to calm this down...' etc. The good cop approach whilst secretly wishing we'd stfu and let the bigot brothers get on with it.

Cats well and truly out the bag now though.

Left by mutual consent!
    If our ultra guys can't behave themselves then I'd give them their own section, and fence them in. Give them that full 'Italian Ultra' look that most of them are so desperately trying to impersonate. Now we've put our heads above the parapet we will need to be squeaky clean.

No whataboutery required.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Sorry but why just invite Hibs ? Invite all the top tier clubs, the match delegates they employ, and all the safety managers at clubs too. This sounds like an appeasement exercise in the hope “it goes away”.
    Spot on. Cup of tea, wee chat, promise to look into it ...blah blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Have you seen what they’ve done with VAR?
    Yes, hence my final sentence

Only sensible path the football authorities can take is to ban the Huns from Scottish football.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I think we could manage Strict Liability.

A club who has had some very recent incidents of fan misbehaviour taking the lead sends a positive message, and points to a genuine will to eradicate such incidents from within our own support.

Strict Liability is no guarantee of stopping the likes of missile throwing, but when it’s made very clear to fans what the consequences of such actions would be to the club, you’d have to feel confident in taking a big step into improving matters. Self policing may come more prevalent in groups where the more hot headed fans are reigned in a bit from friends.

While our breaches have been sporadic, some clubs would be in breach almost every single week. Certainly at every away game.
    There will be no will from a certain club in adopting Strict Liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I think we could manage Strict Liability.

A club who has had some very recent incidents of fan misbehaviour taking the lead sends a positive message, and points to a genuine will to eradicate such incidents from within our own support.

Strict Liability is no guarantee of stopping the likes of missile throwing, but when it’s made very clear to fans what the consequences of such actions would be to the club, you’d have to feel confident in taking a big step into improving matters. Self policing may come more prevalent in groups where the more hot headed fans are reigned in a bit from friends.

While our breaches have been sporadic, some clubs would be in breach almost every single week. Certainly at every away game.
    There will be no will from a certain club in adopting Strict Liability.

The alternative is to just accept things as they are.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Only sensible path the football authorities can take is to ban the Huns from Scottish football.
    We can only live in hope

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    Spot on. Cup of tea, wee chat, promise to look into it ...blah blah blah.
    think we are passed that stage the cans been opened lets see what comes out of it
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jakesawers2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    If the SFA employed decent Refs who could referee a game properly then the non penalty wouldn't have cause such a backlash with the fans especially after we have witnessed poor decision after another for the last 4 weeks. Our 4 biggest games have been spoiled by useless officials even with the option of viewing their mistakes on a monitor they either decide not to bother or go over and still get the decision wrong. There's only so much fans will put up with before pushing back.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Just been discussed on Reporting Scotland and they had Chris Maclaughlin on and unless I’m going deef, he mentioned everything except sectarian singing? 😂
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Typical BBC there on the news.

Apparently Hibs raised the issue about multiple things.

Not sectarian singing if you listen to the BBC. Just conveniently swept under the carpet and not even mentioned by the reporter.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    The BBC should be called out too, part of the overall problem.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Just been discussed on Reporting Scotland and they had Chris Maclaughlin on and unless I’m going deef, he mentioned everything except sectarian singing? 😂

Absolutely disgusting how they tip toe round it.

Just what I was going to post. I got the impression that our supporters behaviour is very much on trial.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Just what I was going to post. I got the impression that our supporters behaviour is very much on trial.
    And so it should. I was at Tiny a few weeks back and it was the worst I’ve ever seen it, needs addressed as well as the away fans.

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    Sfa going through the motions, fk them

The word ‘sectarian’ didnt appear on the bbc report until almost at the end of the report, and only because the word appears in our Hibs press release.

My cousin from down south messaged me earlier to ask me what sort of bad behaviour it was all about. It’s deliberate, the BBC will not talk about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    And so it should. I was at Tiny a few weeks back and it was the worst I’ve ever seen it, needs addressed as well as the away fans.
    I agree however our supporters behaviour is not what has prompted this move and the real reason for it was totally ignored by McLaughlin. He should be ashamed of himself unless he was muzzled by the BBC.He seemed very ill at ease.

Think he’ll put his report in & someone else will edit it for it to read out