hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Since a commitment to anti racism is actually, The Law, if the SFA arent helpful in this meeting, or try to constrain our ticket reduction in some way, we might need to consider a legal route. A Hate Crime bill was passed in the Scottish parliament in 2021, or we could even consider Health and Safety at Work legislation.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh to be a fly on the wall..
    He's having a go at the insects now!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    He's having a go at the insects now!
    Do they have jobs?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Do they have jobs?
    Web designers.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Web designers.
    You’re pulling my legs?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Were any of you aware of this?

https://x.com/zeshankenzo/status/176...Ggie80A2m3HH1A

There’s a link to the full document in the thread, and it’s from 2014 so no doubt some water under the bridge since then, but it’s absolutely astonishing from the SFA in defence of Rangers.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

The SFA / League have knowingly ignored all this for decades , perhaps half a century .

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Trying to decide whether this is a welcome invitation or one with undertones of threat.
    The SFA are totally complicit in it and have been for all the time it’s been happening. They won’t like it being called out and, as this progresses, we’re going to have all sorts of folk whether in governance or the media looking to undermine our position. Any indiscretion from our own support will get all sorts of coverage.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    I think this invitation is for a friendly chat, and could be around setting the ball rolling for strict liability.

Scotland is the only country in Europe that does not have some kind of strict liability for supporter behaviour and overall security in football grounds. If it was to eventually come in then following the Fifa sanctions regime, punishment to clubs would work as follows - in order of severity/number of incidents, and decided by a committee:

1) Fines for simple breaches
    2) Increased fines for continuation of problems
    3) Closing sections of ground where incidents occur
    4) Closing stadium for all spectators
    5) Dock Points
    6) Expulsion from competition

Host clubs are responsible for order and security inside and around the stadium, before during and after matches. They are liable for incidents of any kind unless they can prove that they have not been negligent in any way in organisation of the match.

However all clubs are liable for inappropriate behaviour on the part of their supporters for the following indiscretions:

a) pitch invasions
    b) throwing objects
    c) lighting fireworks/pyro
    d) laser pen use
    e) the use of gestures, words, objects or any other means to transmit a provocative message not fit for a sports event - particularly messages of political, ideological, religious or offensive nature
    f) acts of damage
    g) causing a disturbance during national anthems
    h) any other lack of order or discipline observed

It's the only way IMO to seriously reduce poor behaviour from fans.

Who would enforce strict liability? It can't be the SFA as it will just turn out like VAR.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    Who would enforce strict liability? It can't be the SFA as it will just turn out like VAR.

It would likely be a newly formed SFA disciplinary commitee. But yeah questions would always arise around certain teams getting away with stuff....

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Since a commitment to anti racism is actually, The Law, if the SFA arent helpful in this meeting, or try to constrain our ticket reduction in some way, we might need to consider a legal route. A Hate Crime bill was passed in the Scottish parliament in 2021, or we could even consider Health and Safety at Work legislation.
    This is a good shout.

Why is it that football players are forced to endure discriminatory hate speech directed to them at work?

If I was getting called the same things Hibs players are at my work I'd be demanding something was done about it ASAP and I'm sure the law would have something to say if my employer allowed it too continue.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    It would likely be a newly formed SFA disciplinary commitee. But yeah questions would always arise around certain teams getting away with stuff....
    So the SFA will probably tell us at this meeting: "Shut the **** up or we'll hammer you with strict liability like we do with VAR".

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    So in Oct 2022 Kyle Lafferty was banned for 10 games by the SFA for breaching a rule which forbids the use of insulting language which includes reference to the likes of ethnic origin, race, nationality, religion or belief.

The 35-year-old Northern Ireland international appeared to use the phrase “pack of Fenian b*******”?

Well well SFA. Why have you not condoned the bigoted sectarian bile sung at Martin Boyle as he lay on the ER Pitch.

Then we have the Orange Order reporting Hibs fans for a banner depicting them with a red line through it.

So If they can report an incident like this to the Police maybe a couple of hundred or maybe thousand Hibs fans can report this sectarian singing as a hate crime to the Police.
    Kyle Lafferty is a player and players behaviour is governed by the SFA disciplinary code

Our clubs voted not to be governed by strict liability in relation to supporter behaviour
    Martin Boyle was subject to supporters behaviour which is not governed by the SFA
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 12-03-2024 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    Kyle Lafferty is a player and players behaviour is governed by the SFA disciplinary code

Our clubs voted not to governed by strict liability in relation to supporter behaviour
    Martin Boyle was subject to supporters behaviour which is not governed by the SFA
    Thanks for clearing that up

Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    So the SFA will probably tell us at this meeting: "Shut the **** up or we'll hammer you with strict liability like we do with VAR".
    Well Hibs are open to the idea of strict liability I believe.
    Last edited by LaMotta; 12-03-2024 at 04:12 PM.

First Team Regular
    I totally understand why everybody seems sceptical. But it's an interesting development - the issue is highlighted and something is happening. Maybe we should wait to see what the outcome of that is before reacting or trying to predict it?

Quote Originally Posted by Musselbound View Post
    I totally understand why everybody seems sceptical. But it's an interesting development - the issue is highlighted and something is happening. Maybe we should wait to see what the outcome of that is before reacting or trying to predict it?
    This place would be boring without speculation

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Based on everyone’s views on the SFA, do any of you have any confidence that strict liability would be enforced fairly and robustly?

Similar to the chat on VAR, it could easily lead to Hibs and others being fined, with the old firm facing zero consequences.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Based on everyone’s views on the SFA, do any of you have any confidence that strict liability would be enforced fairly and robustly?

Similar to the chat on VAR, it could easily lead to Hibs and others being fined, with the old firm facing zero consequences.
    That's the worry for me.

The SFA clearly have no interest in making any changes and I don't trust them to run a school raffle fairly.

Having said that, I think it's time we try something.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Musselbound View Post
    Are you new here?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

We’d have a game like Sunday night where Rangers get no punishment and we land a fine for an exit light bulb being out.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I think this invitation is for a friendly chat, and could be around setting the ball rolling for strict liability.

Scotland is the only country in Europe that does not have some kind of strict liability for supporter behaviour and overall security in football grounds. If it was to eventually come in then following the Fifa sanctions regime, punishment to clubs would work as follows - in order of severity/number of incidents, and decided by a committee:

1) Fines for simple breaches
    2) Increased fines for continuation of problems
    3) Closing sections of ground where incidents occur
    4) Closing stadium for all spectators
    5) Dock Points
    6) Expulsion from competition

Host clubs are responsible for order and security inside and around the stadium, before during and after matches. They are liable for incidents of any kind unless they can prove that they have not been negligent in any way in organisation of the match.

However all clubs are liable for inappropriate behaviour on the part of their supporters for the following indiscretions:

a) pitch invasions
    b) throwing objects
    c) lighting fireworks/pyro
    d) laser pen use
    e) the use of gestures, words, objects or any other means to transmit a provocative message not fit for a sports event - particularly messages of political, ideological, religious or offensive nature
    f) acts of damage
    g) causing a disturbance during national anthems
    h) any other lack of order or discipline observed

It's the only way IMO to seriously reduce poor behaviour from fans.
    Out of curiosity, what do they have in England

@hibs.net private member
    The SFA had no option but to invite Hibs to a meeting. To do nothing would have left them open to further criticism. (I know, I know).

I would assume that their interest is in finding out more about the why we are doing it rather than about the cutting allocation. If the SFA had ignored the comments on fan behaviour it would reflect really badly on them in the non-football world and give the equally inept politicians someone to blame.

As someone who gave up their season ticket a couple of years ago and had no intention of going to matches against that pair I will support the board in their actions by attending these matches in addition to the odd ones I attend throughout the season.

A lot of folk on this thread are blaming the SFA for what are SPFL issues which have arisen as a result of our clubs, including Hibs, voting against strict liability in relation to supporter behaviour.
    The Hibs turkey appearing to call for Christmas last night has resulted in a quick invite from the SFA.
    The SPFL will be gutted that Hibs have broken ranks after years of collective silence and strict liability could be on the menu again, watch them mobilise.
    I think the SFA are going to make the SPFL squirm with the help of one of their member clubs. An opportunity to bloody the nose of the SPFL just fell into their lap.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 12-03-2024 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do they have in England
    I think that FA is aligned to UEFA competition rules, which is also aligned to FIFA rules so the options open to them are as outlined above in previous post.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I think that FA is aligned to UEFA competition rules, which is also aligned to FIFA rules so the options open to them are as outlined above in previous post.
    Ok thanks
    Seems like we are out of step with the rest of Europe

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    A lot of folk on this thread are blaming the SFA for what are SPFL created issues which have arisen as a result of our clubs, including Hibs, voting against strict liability in relation to supporter behaviour.
    The Hibs turkey appearing to call for Christmas last night has resulted in a quick invite from the SFA.
    The SPFL will be gutted that Hibs have broken ranks after years of collective silence and strict liability could be on the menu again, watch them mobilise.
    I think the SFA are going to make the SPFL squirm with the help of one of their member clubs. An opportunity to bloody the nose of the SPFL just fell into their lap.
    Neil Doncaster has come out very strongly against strict liability on a number of occasions - his stance is that individual fans should be punished more severly. However we know that Police Scotland would face an almost impossible task with that so it wont get us anywhere.
    Last edited by LaMotta; 12-03-2024 at 04:09 PM.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

Absolutely not. Anything administered by the SFA will continue to punish smaller clubs disproportionately to the Old Firm while probably charging us for the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    That's the worry for me.

The SFA clearly have no interest in making any changes and I don't trust them to run a school raffle fairly.

Having said that, I think it's time we try something.
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    We’d have a game like Sunday night where Rangers get no punishment and we land a fine for an exit light bulb being out.
    Understand this view.....but with punishments and offences clearly listed at the beginning of any implementation, you would hope there would be less room for the type of wooly and inconsistent interpretation we see from Scottish officials.

I'm probably living in cloud cuckoo land with that hope though....