@hibs.net private member
    Good listen guys cheers 👍

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good listen guys cheers 👍
    Thanks mate. Potentially the most cathartic one we’ve done!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Excellent listen well done.

Tonight's commute sorted. Excellent

Maybe I'm wrong on this and not saying soutar went to intentionally hurt Boyle. Even though I've only seen it a couple of times it looked like soutar was never getting to the ball and the challenge was more to stop Boyle getting it . Other thing is did McLean not indicate we were to get a free kick after it ? .

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong on this and not saying soutar went to intentionally hurt Boyle. Even though I've only seen it a couple of times it looked like soutar was never getting to the ball and the challenge was more to stop Boyle getting it . Other thing is did McLean not indicate we were to get a free kick after it ? .
    I definitely thought Souttar caught Boyle in the air. Imagine if at other end. Hibs player off.

He didn't even stop play, Butland waved to bring on the physios.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I definitely thought Souttar caught Boyle in the air. Imagine if at other end. Hibs player off.
    If it had a happened at the other end I think it would have been at least a yellow, honestly thought soutar was playing the man and not the ball .

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    He didn't even stop play, Butland waved to bring on the physios.

I thought he had his arm out pointing for a freekick immediately after it though maybe I'm wrong on that as some said he was waving Boyle to get up too. The referee handled what was a serious situation really badly .

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

It was a free kick all day long. If we’re saying we can concede a penalty for Triantis challenging (and being late) for a header, then you’d have to look at this as Soutar just making contact with Boyle to impede him. He’s no chance of getting the ball imho.

I don’t think for a second he’s tried to hurt Boyle and at the time i didn’t think at all that the challenge deserved anything in terms of a booking or a red card but in hindsight, i think there’s a discussion to be had about it.

If Moriah-Welsh can be sent off for not making contact with a player in any meaningful way, then surely impeding a player as he’s jumping and causing him to land with such force that he’s knocked unconscious - that has to be more dangerous than what Welsh did? In the same way that a high boot should be a red card even when the contract is minimal or there is no intent, if your putting a player at that sort of risk then why is no card considered?

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    It was a free kick all day long. If we’re saying we can concede a penalty for Triantis challenging (and being late) for a header, then you’d have to look at this as Soutar just making contact with Boyle to impede him. He’s no chance of getting the ball imho.

I don’t think for a second he’s tried to hurt Boyle and at the time i didn’t think at all that the challenge deserved anything in terms of a booking or a red card but in hindsight, i think there’s a discussion to be had about it.

If Moriah-Welsh can be sent off for not making contact with a player in any meaningful way, then surely impeding a player as he’s jumping and causing him to land with such force that he’s knocked unconscious - that has to be more dangerous than what Welsh did? In the same way that a high boot should be a red card even when the contract is minimal or there is no intent, if your putting a player at that sort of risk then why is no card considered?
    Is there replays or another angle available of the Boyle incident?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Is there replays or another angle available of the Boyle incident?

I’ve only seen it from the one angle (other than live from my seat).

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I’ve only seen it from the one angle (other than live from my seat).
    Ridiculous! An extremely contentious incident where one player was left unconscious and we don't even get to look at it to see what happened - WTF?!?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The only replay I’ve seen is from someone filming their TV screen as well.

This is basically what I seen of it at the time which I thought no way is soutar winning the ball . If you watch McLean is he not indicating it's a free kick ? .
    https://twitter.com/TompoL19371676/s...n1SGIkOHA&s=19

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    This is basically what I seen of it at the time which I thought no way is soutar winning the ball . If you watch McLean is he not indicating it's a free kick ? .
    He's pointing at the ball, I think, which is in Butland's hands. I interpret that as "play on".

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    He's pointing at the ball, I think, which is in Butland's hands. I interpret that as "play on".
    Probably pointing out a couple of his pals in the crowd.

@hibs.net private member
    He was definitely motioning for play to continue before coming back into shot on that clip I saw it at the time, in that clip the out stretched arm towards the ball in his other hand is the whistle he doesn’t blow until butland tells him something is wrong and Boyle is closer to McLean than Butland, we can pour over his horrific display of refereeing all we want but player safety was at risk there this guy should be hammered for that

I always took it refs indicate " play on " by putting both their arms out and one for a freekick , in saying that i don't really know for sure and you could very be right about it .

That is quite shocking from the referee. Doesn't seem in the slightest bit concerned about the players on the deck, in particular Boyle, who landed very heavily right in front of him. Play on was definitely the indication there which is baffling. He could not have had a better view of the players on the ground.

Add to that the performance of Goldson - arms outstretched to suggest to the ref it was a foul to Rangers, clearly trying to influence. In the same way he was for Obita's seconds yellow. And M-W's straight red. No coincidence there.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Left Peg View Post
    That is quite shocking from the referee. Doesn't seem in the slightest bit concerned about the players on the deck, in particular Boyle, who landed very heavily right in front of him. Play on was definitely the indication there which is baffling. He could not have had a better view of the players on the ground.

Add to that the performance of Goldson - arms outstretched to suggest to the ref it was a foul to Rangers, clearly trying to influence. In the same way he was for Obita's seconds yellow. And M-W's straight red. No coincidence there.
    This is where referee’s treatment of Boyle is outrageous and why the media need to be careful with their treatment of players.

Boyle was booked for a dive against Celtic despite the footage clearly showing a foul - or at the very least contact on his leg that knocked him off balance.

The narrative that Boyle is a cheat meant that prior to his injury on Sunday night, the referee had already dismissed fouls on him with the “get up, you cheating prick” gesture instead of the free kick.

Then when he’s seriously injured, the ref not only ignored the foul but stood nonchalantly beside him as he’s sparked out until the Rangers keeper takes things into his own hands.

Now you can talk about the boy that cried wolf etc but Boyle hasn’t been crying wolf, he’s had referees and pundits telling folk he said there was a wolf when he hasn’t been.

That was my thought at the time.