hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    On Sunday we were missing 5,000 Hibs fans. Whilst many had other reasons for not attending there will be absolutely no doubt in the mind of Ben and Ian that some fans simply will not go to a game against them.

We all know of lassies and family groups who don't go because of the poisonous atmosphere their hordes create. The loss of that ticket income isn't so much of a direct result of who Hibs are playing but the baying mob and the bile they spout. As others have said the policing and stewarding costs are high.

I'd imagine that reducing their allocation would actually result in an increase in home tickets sold and a reduced police presence.

A Win Win if you ask me!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There goes any chance of the top six or Europe.

Another catalogue of 'honest mistakes' incoming.
    Aftraid I'm having difficulty understanding your point?

@hibs.net private member
    Well done Hibs, enough is enough.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jakedance View Post
    I think that’s a good statement. I expect Hibs and Hearts have agreed a reciprocal cut in allocation. Hopefully one day we can get back to the usual derby crowds but I’d prefer not to give the old firm full stands in future. Up to us to fill the ground without them.
    I don’t see this as a Hibs / Hearts reduction.

J

Well done the Hibs board by listening to their own fans, the statement was never going to mention another club by name but the use of the sectarianism is an obvious dig at the OF clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    As a club this is a very good statement but sadly cutting away supporters costs us money. If we reduced both the Old Firm it’s going to cost us 000’s of thousands of pounds. Sadly we don’t have enough Hibs fans wiling or can afford to attend games to make up the short fall. Rather than ban fans Police Scotland should take action against the ring leaders
    We’ve got £6m coming in. If not now then it’s never.

No better time to do it.

J

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This seems to have annoyed all of the right people, well done Hibs.
    Yep, spot on.

You can always tell how well you're doing by the people you manage to piss off. Glory glory

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    He means we have annoyed Rangers supporters. Ergo, some more dodgy VAR etc decisions will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazu62 View Post
    Does anyone know how much money we make from full
    Celtic/Rangers ends at ER?
    Think someone did the math and it equates to £400k over the season. Assuming 4 OF games a season.

J

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    He means we have annoyed Rangers supporters. Ergo, some more dodgy VAR etc decisions will follow.
    Ah right, makes sense now 👍

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Could be wrong but I assume he means the football authorities will punish hibs for this with yet more terrible refereeing

It's a very good statement which avoids being blatantly aimed any one club whilst still highlighting the two worst offenders.

The fact the Hibs have said they are already taking action against the idiots in our own support (sorry, "hangers on") lays down a marker as well.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Ah right, makes sense now 👍
    I’d happily buy another ticket for Celtic and Rangers games at ER to offset the financial cost of barring them coming

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    But.... The only group explicitly condemned is our own morons. Anyone else who is offended must feel guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    I’d happily buy another ticket for Celtic and Rangers games at ER to offset the financial cost of barring them coming
    I wouldn’t know the first thing about how to make it happen but there needs to be a campaign to get as many of us who have vowed to do similar in the past to make good on our words.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    On Sunday we were missing 5,000 Hibs fans. Whilst many had other reasons for not attending there will be absolutely no doubt in the mind of Ben and Ian that some fans simply will not go to a game against the Vermin.

We all know of lassies and family groups who don't go because of the poisonous atmosphere their hordes create. The loss of that ticket income isn't so much of a direct result of who Hibs are playing but the baying mob and the bile they spout. As others have said the policing and stewarding costs are high.

I'd imagine that reducing their allocation would actually result in an increase in home tickets sold and a reduced police presence.

A Win Win if you ask me!!
    Just call them Huns not vermin, hate this term, no place, no need
    Last edited by raeburnhibs; 11-03-2024 at 09:59 PM.

Might create a safe space for the referee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This seems to have annoyed all of the right people, well done Hibs.
    It's brilliant looking at the socials tonight, sevco fans are raging

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Ha Ha
    Ha Ha
    Ha Ha, Ha Ha, Ha Ha

get it roon yi Hunnie Bunnies

Well done Hibs .. this is way overdue.

Hibs v Hearts is a passionate derby match, as it should be, but any religious / sectarian aspect to it is limited to a very small amount of Old Firm wannabe copycats on both sides ... probably slightly more Hearts to be fair. There is no need to dilute what is the best derby in Scottish football. As things stand it's far more bitter local rivalry than anything sinister, which is absolutely fine.

The reaction on social media from fans of a certain club says it all, Hibs have hit the bullseye without even naming them.

Time for other clubs to follow suit

First Team Breakthrough Fratelli's Avatar
    My own view is that we should have specifically referenced The Rangers sectarian chanting and the context otherwise the message will be lost.

Look at the Sun’s online reporting of it - only references ‘Gers song complaints’.

We have rightly called out our own supporters for poor behaviour and we should have reported the facts from Wednesday night and other media outlets would have picked up the story.

Whilst our statement is a move in the right direction, my view is that we have let The Rangers off the hook, as we did when they demonstrated utter disrespect for the tribute to Ron Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Yes a very clever statement. Posters wanting direct criticism of Rangers don’t get it. For a start -what about Celtic? By not naming names we’ve made it difficult for the old firm. How do they respond?If they jump in with both feet it makes it even more obvious who it’s aimed at. Also made it difficult for the media.Interesting to see if any have the guts to tackle it.Clever as well to criticise our own supporters as the first line for the media would have been how dare they do this when their own fans are toerags.
    Exactly it’s a really well worded statement, even nipping the whataboutery in the bud by criticising our own fans. Well played Hibs 👏🏻

Solid statement, I wouldn't have objected to naming Rangers as it's obviously about them, but not going to hold it against the Board who have already done more than I'd expected.

Not sure that Celtic fans are anywhere near as bad as Rangers. The atmosphere against them can be unpleasant, but the songbook has moderated over the years and there's not nearly as much bile or poison.

This is the club putting its money where its mouth is, and I hope others follow.

Hun logic, "They're a bunch of fenian bassas for calling us sectarian."

Wonder if Sevco are working on one their wonderful statements.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by raeburnhibs View Post
    Just call them Huns not vermin, hate this term, no place, no need
    A term I’ve only heard used by the fans of one club. Never by a Hibby.

A fantastic start, the response will be very interesting from other clubs and the media.

Well done Hibs

Problem is that even when the allocation is cut we’ll still have to hear the songs. Say it’s cut from 4k to 1k, well 1k can still make more than enough noise.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew_dundee View Post
    Solid statement, I wouldn't have objected to naming Rangers as it's obviously about them, but not going to hold it against the Board who have already done more than I'd expected.

Not sure that Celtic fans are anywhere near as bad as Rangers. The atmosphere against them can be unpleasant, but the songbook has moderated over the years and there's not nearly as much bile or poison.

This is the club putting its money where its mouth is, and I hope others follow.
    Celtc are just as bad

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Doh Rae Me View Post
    A fantastic start, the response will be very interesting from other clubs and the media.

Well done Hibs
    Will get 1 minute on Sportsound given their *** bias then straight into a segment on The Rangers potential treble, Fabio Silva’s potential transfer, the Clement effect and then Derek Ferguson and Kenny Miler offering reacharounds to Tavernier whilst collectively not being able to string a coherent sentence together 👍. Even then that fat mess Kenny McIntyre will no doubt open with “guys, is sectarian singing really still an issue in Scottish football - your thoughts” 😂

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Will get 1 minute on Sportsound given their *** bias then straight into a segment on The Rangers potential treble, Fabio Silva’s potential transfer, the Clement effect and then Derek Ferguson and Kenny Miler offering reacharounds to Tavernier whilst collectively not being able to string a coherent sentence together . Even then that fat mess Kenny McIntyre will no doubt open with “guys, is sectarian singing really still an issue in Scottish football - your thoughts”
    Who cares. This about our club and our ground. We know what they think about Hibs and how little they of Hibs. Let them carry on. Next season is the start of something new for us and this move by Hibs can only be a good thing. We've adapted, changed and evolved as an institution and that is as ongoing process. If they want to stick their heads in a little 16x90 hole in the sand that is nothing to do with us. The difference between how Hibs fans showed respect to Walter Smith and how they behaved when Ron Gordon died tells you everything you want to know about how they are collectively. The chances of them actually progressing as a support are zilch and they will carry on with what they see as their "tradition".
    We'll just have less of them doing so in ER.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk