hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Player Ratings

Player Ratings

Marshall - 8 Solid Game, Great save from the pen didn't have much to do

Cadden - 6 Hard time against Silva but kept at it, great to see him back, final ball was poor

Rocky - 8 Colossal, still get the fear every time he touches the ball but was excellent tonight

Fish - 8 MOTM for me, best i've seen him in a Hibs shirt

Obita - 3 Brilliant all season but made three monumental mistakes

Boyle - 4 Injury aside (hope hes alright) Went to ground every time he touched the ball, seems to be nowhere near it this year by his standards

Triantis - 8 Brilliant in the 6, used the ball really well

Newell - 7 Another steady game

NMW - 6 Thought he was excellent up until the sending off, not had legs like him in the middle of the park for years

Maolida - 6 Unlucky not to score, wasted the ball alot but he is good to watch

Marcondes - 7 Wasted up front but he is one hell of a player, enjoy him while we can. Shouldve had a shot second half but took an extra touch

Youan - 6 OK, was a bit of a threat when he was running at the defence but need to see more of him

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by LNHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Cadden - 6 Hard time against Silva but kept at it, great to see him back, final ball was poor

Rocky - 8 Colossal, still get the fear every time he touches the ball but was excellent tonight

Boyle - 4 Injury aside (hope hes alright) Went to ground every time he touched the ball, seems to be nowhere near it this year by his standards

NMW - 6 Thought he was excellent up until the sending off, not had legs like him in the middle of the park for years

Marcondes - 7 Wasted up front but he is one hell of a player, enjoy him while we can. Shouldve had a shot second half but took an extra touch

Youan - 6 OK, was a bit of a threat when he was running at the defence but need to see more of him
    Good assessment.

I'm not quite as on board with the Marcondes admiration as others seem to be - he's shown to be a cracking players at time, and last night was involved (as usual) in some really good link up play from deep.

In key positions though he's been a bit lacking when having to create something himself. Good few times he's had the ball inside the box facing whoever was in the right back position and I can't really recall him looking likely to work a chance.

We were almost universally awful crossing the ball last night as well, bar set pieces.

Maolida flattered to receive a lot too. Good from deep, but - unlike Dundee when he turned last man inside out - he struggled one on one against better defenders. The key moment of the game was also his intercepted pass to Youan when he should have been doing much better.

I jinxed Obita - he had a really impressive bit of defending as last man early on and couldn't help think how accomplished he was becoming, then that's the last word you could've used for him for the remaining 85 minutes.

Majority of those contributing last night did well though and deserved the applause they got at full time.
    Last edited by Broken Gnome; 11-03-2024 at 06:21 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    I'm not quite as on bored with the Marcondes admiration as others seem to be - he's shown to be a cracking players at time, and last night was involved (as usual) in some really good link up play from deep.

In key positions though he's been a bit lacking when having to create something himself. Good few times he's had the ball inside the box facing whoever was in the right back position and I can't really recall him looking likely to work a chance.

We were almost universally awful crossing the ball last night as well, bar set pieces.

Maolida flattered to receive a lot too. Good from deep, but - unlike Dundee when he turned last man inside out - he struggled one on one against better defenders. The key moment of the game was also his intercepted pass to Youan when he should have been doing much better.

I jinxed Obita - he had a really impressive bit of defending as last man early on a d couldn't help think how accomplished he was becoming, then that's the last word you could've used for him for the remaining 85 minutes.

Majority of those contributing last night did well though and deserved the applause they got at full time.
    I was the same with Obita. That bit of early defending was top drawer. It went downhill quickly after that before going off a cliff. I agree about Marcondes too. He had a couple of opportunities to get a shot in from a good position and he took too long. Looks a decent player though as does Maolida who again did some things really well but without any end product. Youan deserves a 1 for his efforts last night. Again bottled out a couple of challenges and made some terrible decisions. For all some players have really improved under Montgomery Youan seems to have went backwards and now his defending is just as bad but going forward he seems far less of a threat.

I thought Newell was worse than a 7 and MW better than a 6, despite the card was a real terrier all evening, but agree otherwise.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LNHibs View Post

Would agree with all of that although I’d knock at least 1 off of Youan.

Was a decent performance in terms of us keeping Rangers at bay, think we could have offered more attacking wise though and in some regards it was a bit disappointing we never as they weren’t really at it.

Rocky our most improved and consistent defender , MotM for me again. Newell 6 and MW 7 . Other than that I agree with the rest .