hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Gardeners

@hibs.net private member

Gardeners

Can any recommend any gardeners in the east side of Edinburgh? Basic maintenance and potentially relaying turf (unsure of real or astro at this point).

Thanks

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can any recommend any gardeners in the east side of Edinburgh? Basic maintenance and potentially relaying turf (unsure of real or astro at this point).

Thanks
    Can't find a website, but I remember our old neighbours used these guys, who did a really good job and seem to be very well reviewed:

https://citymaps.uk/landscaper/edinb...e-gardens-ltd/

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Can't recommend anyone but be careful of folk knocking at your door offering to do stuff. My parents were actually getting quotes from gardeners for some work last year when a couple of guys knocked on their door, gave a business card and asked if they needed any gardening done and they could start within a few days.

My dad was very ill at the time and my mum thought that since they are available go for it since the price quoted was reasonable and ball park with what they'd been quoted elsewhere - cheaper but not that much cheaper and it would save a lot of hassle at a time when my mum was having to care for my dad. Cash up front which I think they wouldn't have done if my dad had been OK. There was an argument as well because they claimed my mum hadn't given the full amount (she had).

The warning signs continued when they turned up with a couple of boys that looked about 12. My mum went out to see how they were getting on and they seemed to be loading their van as if they were finished. My mum didn't think it looked finished (she has trouble with her eyesight) and went to see if my dad could look out the window. By the time she came back out, they were gone.

Half done job and rubbish left in the garden so they thought they had just been conned and put it down to experience. It got worse though, they then realised the padlock had been cut open on their old coal cellar. Tools, craft equipment my mum stored in there all gone. My parents had also bought a couple of the Keter bin stores just before my dad got ill that they hadn't put up. They were gone as well. Thankfully, they hadn't managed to get into the main under-house cellar which is where they keep the lawnmower, etc.

They basically paid several hundred pounds to be burgled. They always hung up when my parents tried phoning too.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Can't recommend anyone but be careful of folk knocking at your door offering to do stuff. My parents were actually getting quotes from gardeners for some work last year when a couple of guys knocked on their door, gave a business card and asked if they needed any gardening done and they could start within a few days.

My dad was very ill at the time and my mum thought that since they are available go for it since the price quoted was reasonable and ball park with what they'd been quoted elsewhere - cheaper but not that much cheaper and it would save a lot of hassle at a time when my mum was having to care for my dad. Cash up front which I think they wouldn't have done if my dad had been OK. There was an argument as well because they claimed my mum hadn't given the full amount (she had).

The warning signs continued when they turned up with a couple of boys that looked about 12. My mum went out to see how they were getting on and they seemed to be loading their van as if they were finished. My mum didn't think it looked finished (she has trouble with her eyesight) and went to see if my dad could look out the window. By the time she came back out, they were gone.

Half done job and rubbish left in the garden so they thought they had just been conned and put it down to experience. It got worse though, they then realised the padlock had been cut open on their old coal cellar. Tools, craft equipment my mum stored in there all gone. My parents had also bought a couple of the Keter bin stores just before my dad got ill that they hadn't put up. They were gone as well. Thankfully, they hadn't managed to get into the main under-house cellar which is where they keep the lawnmower, etc.

They basically paid several hundred pounds to be burgled. They always hung up when my parents tried phoning too.
    I think I would have been phoning them asking them to come and do my garden 😉

Disgusting that folk think that is okay to do to someone else.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I think I would have been phoning them asking them to come and do my garden 😉
    Never thought of that at the time. Wish I had. Although for some reason they kept it quiet from me for about a month, presumably due to embarrassment, so they had perhaps moved onto a different town/city by that point.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Never thought of that at the time. Wish I had. Although for some reason they kept it quiet from me for about a month, presumably due to embarrassment, so they had perhaps moved onto a different town/city by that point.
    Yeah possibly, absolute **** to do that to your parents.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post

Thanks
    You could try Barnton Driveways, think he does Astro.