hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

R☆☆☆☆☆s catholic players

Looks like the majority of these mutants cross themselves when entering the field of play, wonder what they think of the **** singing about their religion?

2. Log in to remove the advert

They couldn't care less as long as they get paid.

Even some on here have said they would join that club for enough money.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like the majority of these mutants cross themselves when entering the field of play, wonder what they think of the **** singing about their religion?
    They don't care one bit.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    I remember Marco Negri saying he could not believe the anti catholic culture at the club did not know what he was getting into

Happy to take the orange pound though

I remember Alex Ferguson writing in one of his books saying he was treated like a pariah for marrying a Catholic and wishes he had made a stronger stand

Horrible despicable club

Time for Hibernian FC to grow a pair and ban their toxic fans from our beautiful Stadium

First Team Breakthrough
    Apparently they now don’t mind foreign catholics.

Their current venom is directed at Irish or descendants of Irish catholics. Their club’s signing policy would seem to align to that. Off the top of my head I can’t recall them signing an Irish catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by monarch View Post

Their current venom is directed at Irish or descendants of Irish catholics. Their club’s signing policy would seem to align to that. Off the top of my head I can’t recall them signing an Irish catholic.
    I'm pretty sure Neil McCann and Michael O'Halloran came from that background but not a lot signed from a community thats always made up a sizeable proportion of Scottish professional players. In terms of the direction of their hatred its very much people with Irish-Catholic backgrounds or ignorantly perceived to be from that background because of who they support. Words like "Fenian", "taig" and "tarrier" are specifically anti Irish-Catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    I'm pretty sure Neil McCann and Michael O'Halloran came from that background but not a lot. In terms of the direction of their hatred its very much people with Irish-Catholic backgrounds or ignorantly perceived to be from that background because of who they support. Words like "Fenian", "taig" and "tarrier" are specifically anti Irish-Catholic.
    Jon Daly?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Jon Daly?
    Yes forgot about him

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Mo Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by monarch View Post

Neil Lennon succinctly called it for what it actually is. Racism.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Neil Lennon succinctly called it for what it actually is. Racism.
    I’m amazed that - to date - he’s been the only one who has actually ever had the balls to call it out for what it was / is.

Fair play to him.

It’s pretty uncomfortable that 21st century Scotland allows an overtly racist institution to exist and thrive in plain sight.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Unfortunately Scottish society is riddled with these mutants which is why the Rangers and their fans always have in the past, and always will in the future get away with their racism week after week.

When you think back over the last 50 years there's been so much progress across the world in having zero tolerance towards racism and prejudice.

Sadly Scotland is like the Land that Time Forgot.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I like a bit of hyperbole now and again, and have no compunction in calling them all out as neo-Nazi white supremists.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Mo Johnston
    Aye, season tickets set on fire and supporters buses cancelled by those maniacs.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure Neil McCann and Michael O'Halloran came from that background but not a lot signed from a community thats always made up a sizeable proportion of Scottish professional players. In terms of the direction of their hatred its very much people with Irish-Catholic backgrounds or ignorantly perceived to be from that background because of who they support. Words like "Fenian", "taig" and "tarrier" are specifically anti Irish-Catholic.
    "Fenian" isn't, though. The Fenian Brotherhood was a republican, rather than a Catholic, organisation, with many prominent Protestant members.

That it was been twisted into what it is now (has anyone ever heard the word without "*******"?) says so much about their collective ignorance.

I recently heard, for the first time, the expression "bouncy-castle Catholics", which made me chuckle. There must be a similar term for these 90-minute Proddies.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 11-03-2024 at 04:29 PM.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    I remember Marco Negri saying he could not believe the anti catholic culture at the club did not know what he was getting into

I remember Alex Ferguson writing in one of his books saying he was treated like a pariah for marrying a Catholic and wishes he had made a stronger stand

Horrible despicable club

Time for Hibernian FC to grow a pair and ban their toxic fans from our beautiful Stadium
    I’m sure once Negri realised what was going on fully, he barely celebrated scoring for Rangers, just shaking hands with his team mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    I’m sure once Negri realised what was going on fully, he barely celebrated scoring for Rangers, just shaking hands with his team mates.
    You should check him out nowadays. Has thrown any credibility he had back then right out the window.

Each to their own but I've never got the rangers fans who are catholic or have married into a catholic family and then come out with all this crap.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Mo Johnston
    A great bunch of lads.

A long time ago now, granted, but while the sectarian signing policy has long been disposed with, they’ve not really moved on very far from this bitter hatred in the 35 years that have since passed.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Each to their own but I've never got the rangers fans who are catholic or have married into a catholic family and then come out with all this crap.
    Never met a Catholic Rangers fan, it seems so contrasting. Like a Jewish Nazi, it just doesn’t make sense in my mind. They despise us and all like us, they make it perfectly clear, why would you want to be associated with that if you’re a Catholic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    Never met a Catholic Rangers fan, it seems so contrasting. Like a Jewish Nazi, it just doesn’t make sense in my mind. They despise us and all like us, they make it perfectly clear, why would you want to be associated with that if you’re a Catholic?

I know one well, cross between an oxymoron and an ordinary moron.

Edinburgh born, when his daughter wanted to go to a football match he took her to Easter road because he didn't want to expose her to any of the sectarian singing.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Remember Amoruso conducted the bile when Findlay was up chanting at awards night

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    I know one well, cross between an oxymoron and an ordinary moron.

Edinburgh born, when his daughter wanted to go to a football match he took her to Easter road because he didn't want to expose her to any of the sectarian singing.

Jesus wept

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Jesus wept

Started out as a glory hunter.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Funnily enough there are plenty of them in Glasgow. I don't know how Catholic of course, but I know a wee guy who made his Holy Communion in a rangers tartan kilt. Many people come from Catholic families but support the team their mates support. I'm sure they don't shout about at ibrox and consider the bigotry to come from only a minority.

First Team Breakthrough Sloop67's Avatar

Horrible despicable club

They asked him wheather his marriage took place in a chapel or a registery office, when he he told them it was the later , they said " that's ok then " , he said that he should have told them to ****** off and felt he had let his wife down. My dad always says the never got the manager's job at Ibrox because he married a catholic

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop67 View Post
    They asked him wheather his marriage took place in a chapel or a registery office, when he he told them it was the later , they said " that's ok then " , he said that he should have told them to ****** off and felt he had let his wife down. My dad always says the never got the manager's job at Ibrox because he married a catholic
    He never got the job at Ibrox because he told them where to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    Funnily enough there are plenty of them in Glasgow. I don't know how Catholic of course, but I know a wee guy who made his Holy Communion in a rangers tartan kilt. Many people come from Catholic families but support the team their mates support. I'm sure they don't shout about at ibrox and consider the bigotry to come from only a minority.
    Weirdos. That wee laddie should’ve been given a million Hail Marys as penance.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    "Fenian" isn't, though. The Fenian Brotherhood was a republican, rather than a Catholic, organisation, with many prominent Protestant members.

That it was been twisted into what it is now (has anyone ever heard the word without "*******"?) says so much about their collective ignorance.

I recently heard, for the first time, the expression "bouncy-castle Catholics", which made me chuckle. There must be a similar term for these 90-minute Proddies.
    I'm fully aware of the historical context of the word "Fenian" and that many of its members were Protestants.

I'm also fully aware that language changes over the centuries and that in the 20th and 21st centuries, it's become a term of abuse used by fans of The Rangers towards anyone of, or perceived to be of , Irish Catholic heritage.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    I'm fully aware of the historical context of the word "Fenian" and that many of its members were Protestants.

I'm also fully aware that language changes over the centuries and that in the 20th and 21st centuries, it's become a term of abuse used by fans of The Rangers towards anyone of, or perceived to be of , Irish Catholic heritage.
    Sorry, I wasn't having a go at you or your post. Apologies if it came across that way.

It was more about my frustration at the hijacking of the word for their own ends. Like I say, it's never used on its own; it always has an actual abusive word tacked on.