hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Penalties

Penalties

How many is that we've had given against us now this season? Is it just me but seems as if we are given one against us in every game. Defo been a few recently.

Also, out if curiosity, how many have we been given? No chance is balances out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Why ask this question, when it is so easy to find the answer yourself. It has taken me the best part of 20 seconds to find the answer. You've obviously got Internet knowledge as your posting on .net

Promising Youngster Biffa Bacon's Avatar
    We've now conceded 10 penalties (9 in the league and the one in the Scottish Cup yesterday). We've received 3 penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why ask this question, when it is so easy to find the answer yourself. It has taken me the best part of 20 seconds to find the answer. You've obviously got Internet knowledge as your posting on .net
    Nice. Thanks for sharing 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Biffa Bacon View Post
    We've now conceded 10 penalties (9 in the league and the one in the Scottish Cup yesterday). We've received 3 penalties.
    One v Forfar and both their fans crying conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by McGruber View Post
    The one vs Forfar was never a penalty tbf.

So you went to the length of finding the answer only to berate the OP for asking the question instead of just giving him the answer. Good for you

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Gets a bit of a discussion going on a football forum. Just provide the stats yourself that you so excellently looked up, no need to be an arse about it.

Yesterday was a penalty. Everyday of the week. There is contact from behind and the player goes down. That’s a penalty in every league in the world.
    Everyone is hurting because we are out the cup but we just need to take a breath and take responsibility for the mistakes we made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Yesterday was a penalty. Everyday of the week. There is contact from behind and the player goes down. That’s a penalty in every league in the world.
    Everyone is hurting because we are out the cup but we just need to take a breath and take responsibility for the mistakes we made.

Behave.

The hun slowed to almost a stop to initiate the contact, that’s a dive.

We also never got a near enough identical ‘foul’ on Boyle vs Celtic

It’s the fact that, at the other end, I don’t think we get it. We have an example from just a few weeks ago where we don’t get something that is almost identical, against Celtic. In nearly the exact same spot on the pitch ironically.

Those two are refereed completely differently. The speed at which they were given decisions last night and some of the non decisions the other way round were a joke.

It's a penalty every day of the week unless you are playing Celtic that week.

The push on Boyle's back seconds before the penalty, completely ignored.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Every day of the week, except whatever day it was when we didn’t get it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Like the day of the week a few weeks ago against Celtic.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    Behave.

There’s more pushing in the queue for food as fans squeeze by than the lightest of brushes we saw last night. To date, I’ve not seen anyone fall to the deck on the concourse.

If Boyles was yellow for “diving” the other week, then that one last night was similarly a yellow for diving and a free kick to Hibs.

The debate isn’t so much whether they are penalties are not, it’s why they’re penalties for some clubs and yellow cards for others.

Look at the one Kai Havertz didn't get Vs Man United this season. 100x more of a penalty than last night and over ruled. It's completely untrue to say it's a pen every day of the week. 6/7 out of 10 refs wouldn't give that. There is no consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Look at the one Kai Havertz didn't get Vs Man United this season. 100x more of a penalty than last night and over ruled. It's completely untrue to say it's a pen every day of the week. 6/7 out of 10 refs wouldn't give that. There is no consistency.
    Up here there is plenty consistency. It’s just that the colour of your top determines the outcome. Things are then applied consistently based on that.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

It is easy then?

Have we had more apologies than saved pens is my thought?
    Last edited by Swedish hibee; 11-03-2024 at 09:36 AM.

The poster puts a point up for discussion because it's a football forum.
    What's with your attitude?
    Should we all be arsey to each other because we lost a game?

Promising Youngster Biffa Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McGruber View Post
    Cheers, I forgot about the Forfar one - so we've received 4 penalties (3 in league, 1 in the cup). We've missed 2 of them as well so poor return.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

Exactly.
    I would call out the inconsistency but it's not, its consistent bias towards the Old Firm .
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

First Team Breakthrough

Whether or not its a penalty is debatable for me. The real point is it should never have got there as Boyle was clearly fouled in the build up. As usual totally ignored at the game and no surprise, sportscene never even looked at it.

Left by mutual consent!
    The problem that all non OF clubs have now is that the OF players, the Huns in particular, know that the refs are giving them the softest of decisions so they're dropping like flies and claiming for the slightest infringement.

Our players now enter the field of play knowing that they have to play a perfect game, that every tackle must be perfect or they'll be penalised, and they be penalised either way of we look like a threat to the Huns or Celtic.

This is why tempers boil over like yesterday. Sheer frustration at the impossibility of playing the OF.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    Behave.

Yep, and IF it was a penalty then so was the incident at the other end of the park involving Emiliano.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    The problem that all non OF clubs have now is that the OF players, the Huns in particular, know that the refs are giving them the softest of decisions so they're dropping like flies and claiming for the slightest infringement.

Our players now enter the field of play knowing that they have to play a perfect game, that every tackle must be perfect or they'll be penalised, and they be penalised either way of we look like a threat to the Huns or Celtic.

This is why tempers boil over like yesterday. Sheer frustration at the impossibility of playing the OF.
    It is fairly obvious our players play very differently in the box than they previously did. We simply don't press players in possession for fear they throw themselves to the floor. It is almost like The Rangers get to play a different sport at times.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Ref was making the dismissive 'up,up,up' gesture to Martin Boyle for an almost identical foul a minute or 2 before.

I cannot wait until Hibs start getting these calls 'every day of the week'. People think you can justify any decison now with words like 'contact' - it's an absolute joke. The boy dived last night and had no need to go down- it was clear as day.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Exactly.
    I would call out the inconsistency but it's not, its consistent bias towards the Old Firm .
    And Aberdeen and Hearts and Celtic……. whoever is playing us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by StockholmHibs View Post
    The poster puts a point up for discussion because it's a football forum.
    What's with your attitude?
    Should we all be arsey to each other because we lost a game?
    Hardly arsey. Past losing sleep over a Hibs result. Lot worse things that could be happening to me in todays world. Yes its a football forum but put up the results 1st to start the debate instead of someone else doing the donkey work for you. It was hardly a difficult stat to find out.

There is an accidental coming together and the Sticky player dives like he's about to race 50m freestyle, instant penalty.
    Likewise, second half there is a coming together as Marcondes and Goldson jostle, Marcondes dives and gets hee-haw.
    Also a concern is our set up for opposition penalties. The Sticky player who scores the rebound times his run from deep so as the penalty is hit he's already travelling at speed on the follow-up. Newell is the one Hibs player who does likewise but our other two players who follow-in - Fish and Rocky - both start flat footed. Why not have our fastest players designated to follow in to either get to a rebound first or to get in a position to block any attempt on goal? Boyle for example is just stood on the 18 yard line. Surely he would have beaten the Sticky to the rebound, even from a standing start?