hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    It's time to stop that extremist filth who try to pass themselves off as football fans, from getting anywhere near our ground. Most importantly, we have to control the narrative on this and not let the media run off at the mouth about it being a reaction to being put out of the cup.

2. Log in to remove the advert

[QUOTE=Springbank;7609642]I wanted to sleep on this and I feel the same today, so here goes.

Last night was not sport. It was a rigged contest, a waste of everyone's time & money. The SFA will only act when there is a full blown crisis (and not before). They are equal parts complacent & complicit.

I'd be in favour of the manager bollocking the players for losing control of themselves and throwing away any chance of winning the game - totally amateur from them. Hopefully they can learn from last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stokes' equaliser was a perfectly good goal. Nothing wrong with it. You can't seriously think it was a foul???
    It was clever play from Stokes. Definitely got a wee nudge in on the Rangers defender as the ball came to him. It's been remarked on plenty of times. I'd agree there's a good chance it would have been at least looked at by VAR.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Some views on here way beyond Celtic levels of paranoia. Not competing for the cup, giving up supporting Hibs. Behave.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    The spirit of VAR is such that footage is scrutinised to find a hint of justification for the decision the officials want to give and the decision made accordingly.

So they’d have found a way.

It’s not a foul, but you’d have Beaton or similar saying that Stokes pushed the Rangers player when jumping for the header.
    That was my point, thanks for responding on my behalf! It absolutely wasnt a foul, but Stokes merest contact with the defender while brushing past on the way to the ball would have been grounds enough, in the current climate. Just watch the recent 4 games with aberdeen Celtic hearts and rangers as evidence. 2016 isnt allowed today, im convinced of that.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    For all the people making dismissive comments, I’d support this over doing nothing at all.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    It’s the one part of the highlights that gives me the fear every time I watch it. They’d 100pc chop that off today.
    Unless it was a goal against Hibs eg Marshall bundled into the net at Ross County or Vente man handled v Killie....

Only change happens by fans in modern football. In Germany & France, the fans would never accept this bias.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I want to win the cup next year.
    We still won’t be allowed to

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MKHIBEE View Post
    We still won’t be allowed to
    That’s nonsense.

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    I wanted to sleep on this and I feel the same today, so here goes.

Last night was not sport. It was a rigged contest, a waste of everyone's time & money. The SFA will only act when there is a full blown crisis (and not before). They are equal parts complacent & complicit.

So here's my 2 point plan

1) I'd support Hibs in announcing we will withdraw from next years Scottish Cup, as the officiating makes it a rigged competition. Its our 150th year next year but we need to use our voice to plunge the cosy governing body into crisis, or else nothing changes.

2. I would support Hibs directors, writing to Rangers directors & the SFA, to say that the Rangers supports behaviour is unacceptable to such a serious degree that in future Rangers directors are now on notice - rangers directors will be held personally responsible & liable to prosecution if there are any sectarian chants from their support, in our 21st century European home.
    It is an extension of the principle of clubs being fined for "failure to control their staff"
    Hold Rangers directors personally liable. Prosecute them when it happens
    Clean the extremist element out of our gane & out of our city

Create a crisis by withdrawing from next years tournament on grounds we have no confidence in the integrity of the officiating - a rigged sport.

And be the change we all want to see
    It might be great if Hibs could make up their own legislation and their own court and justice system in which to proscecute… but since they can’t the existing common law and legislation just don’t cover it

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Think you haven't slept on it nearly long enough.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    That’s nonsense.
    Is it?

The TV companies don’t want anything other than the two arsecheeks. You could have the choice of an Edinburgh Derby, a New Firm Derby, a non league team getting their chance to try to shock the bigger teams at Easter Road or Pittodrie or the like and guaranteed the television people going to pick Rangers vs Montrose or Celtic vs Morton or the like, every time.

A final without Rangers or Celtic are perceived to have no value to those who have the power, and they’re wrong at that.

They even have their own end in a supposedly neutral stadium for the final where their fans receive a majority of the seats.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 11-03-2024 at 10:16 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Why would you pull out of a competition when the corruption is not competition specific. The second suggestion is only possible in League Games and I would support that and have done for a number of years. The The Rangers problem in terms of their behaviour is specific to them so treating them differently makes sense. The corrupt refereeing is more obvious against them but we seem to fall foul of referees against all teams in the league so that to me is best dealt with by our video team putting together examples of when we were penalised and when we never got an award for similar penalties, bookings etc. There must be hundreds of examples this season.

The cups are our only chance to win something and brings in extra revenue. Withdrawing from either we'd only be punishing ourselves . A big no from me on that one .

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    We absolutely would have had a pen given against us for Stevensons push on Haliday I think it was in the 2nd half.
    I shudder every time I watch that, think it was Stevenson on Waghorn right at the start of the second half. I remember thinking after the final that Steven McLean was a good referee but don’t think he’s given us a decision since. Not that I’m complaining but I thought he should have added a bit more time on due to Hibs winner being celebrated by the players

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    The only thing I want us to do is ban Rangers fans. Enough is enough. They'll reciprocate by taking away 700 tickets for Ibrox. So what.

Give them 0 tickets. They can give us 0.

On a football level, that could only benefit us anyway.

I get the frustration. But withdrawing from the SC isn't the answer ... especially on the back of last night's game where you will not get full agreement even from neutral observers that the penalty or two red cards didn't come under the heading of 'I've seen them given'

As for holding the Sevco directors to account in law. Good luck taking that before any court, it would be impossible to prove, even if there was legal precedent for bringing such an action, which I highly doubt there is.

However. At what point does or club reach the stage where it simply cannot ignore the opinion of it's fans on this issue. Since that club returned to the top flight the bigotry and anti Catholic bile spewing from our south stand EVERY TIME they visit is actually far worse than it was prior to their demise. You wouldn't think that was possible, but that is what has happened.

At the very least it is time for a shot across their bows, in the form of a statement that Hibernian FC are aware of ongoing complaints from the clubs supporters over rampant and collective bigoted behaviour ( not to mention utterly obvious and dangerous overloading of the south ) when that club visits and that if both do not stop their allocation will be cut by 1000 tickets. Then another 1000 if that doesn't work, until all they receive is the barest minimum Hibs can allocate under league rules.

So how come Kilmarnock and Motherwell were 'allowed' to beat them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Some views on here way beyond Celtic levels of paranoia. Not competing for the cup, giving up supporting Hibs. Behave.
    Spot on

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

1) I'd support Hibs in announcing we will withdraw from next years Scottish Cup, as the officiating makes it a rigged competition. Its our 150th year next year but we need to use our voice to plunge the cosy governing body into crisis, or else nothing changes.

2. I would support Hibs directors, writing to Rangers directors & the SFA, to say that the Rangers supports behaviour is unacceptable to such a serious degree that in future Rangers directors are now on notice - rangers directors will be held personally responsible & liable to prosecution if there are any sectarian chants from their support, in our 21st century European home.
    It is an extension of the principle of clubs being fined for "failure to control their staff"

Create a crisis by withdrawing from next years tournament on grounds we have no confidence in the integrity of the officiating - a rigged sport.

😂

Left by mutual consent!

I want to see what a rash decision, made on the spur of the moment, looks like for you! 😁👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post

Give them 0 tickets. They can give us 0.

On a football level, that could only benefit us anyway.
    Spot on. 👍

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Jesus Christ
    was always free to walk the kings highways :)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I personally think none of the big decisions last night could be said to be stonewall either way and depending on your bias will sway your opinion. You could create and arguement for and against them all. The issue I have is that none of the big calls would have went our way had they been reversed. Whether it is subconcious bias, concious bias, or plain cheating, we don't get the 50/50 calls in these games and until the other 10 clubs stand together to call it out, nothing will change. As it stands we all make noises when things go against our own clubs and it comes across as just being bad losers.

That said, Hibs have to start making a bigger fuss publically. Having chats in private with Crawford Allan are getting us nowhere. So many huge and unforgiveable VAR calls have gone against us and all we say publically is that we are frustrated. Call it out for what it is. Put referees under pressure before and after games so that there performance is scrutinised and put under the microscope the way it should be. All non-old firm clubs should be pushing for fair representation in the refereeing body from across all regions and not being heavily west-coast biased. That in itself is an issue.

As for Rangers supporters specifically, we as a club must take a stance. If it were left to me, I would be making it crystal clear to the Rangers board both publically and privately that their supporters' behaviour wont be tolerated at ER. If they misbehave with Pyro or singing offensive and sectarian songs their allocation would be cut in half, with any further instances seeing it cut again until it's as small as we can make it/or shut them out completely. Ben Kensall was told at the AGM how strong our feelings are and after the chants/songs in the aftermatch of Ron Gordon's passing, along with the songs last night as Boyler was being stretchered off, we must take a stand now, otherwise will we ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    What is it you think people are paranoid about?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble de Thump View Post
    Hazard a guess, you’ll probably get it right 😁

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble de Thump View Post
    Erm....that the whole world is so biased against us that we should simply give up....thought it was obvious!

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    It might be great if Hibs could make up their own legislation and their own court and justice system in which to proscecute… but since they can’t the existing common law and legislation just don’t cover it

What a spoilsport.Could we not lead the way by putting our board forward for prosecution over missile throwing at Tynecastle?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Is it?

The TV companies don’t want anything other than the two arsecheeks. You could have the choice of an Edinburgh Derby, a New Firm Derby, a non league team getting their chance to try to shock the bigger teams at Easter Road or Pittodrie or the like and guaranteed the television people going to pick Rangers vs Montrose or Celtic vs Morton or the like, every time.

A final without Rangers or Celtic are perceived to have no value to those who have the power, and they’re wrong at that.

They even have their own end in a supposedly neutral stadium for the final where their fans receive a majority of the seats.
    So are the TV companies the source of the conspiracy?