hibs.net Messageboard

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar

We don’t want you, no one cares..

Won’t happen but wouldn’t it be great if every team in the SPFL gave both the OF exactly the same tickets they gave away fans.. If every team went tits up as a consequence who would they play or where would they go.. As it stands right now every other team in the league give them a licence to exist. We are at a stage where football in Scotland is haemorrhaging supporters to lower leagues. Leagues that have rivalry, not bigotry and leagues where celebrating a goal means it’s a goal.. I love Hibs, I’ll always love Hibs but I’d rather watch a football games where the minutest detail isn’t scrutinised
    Last edited by one day maybe...; 10-03-2024 at 07:29 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I think today was a good example of why banning their fans completely wouldn't be the worst financial decision. I would guesstimate a couple of thousand fans just can't be bothered with the Huns songbook and bile and general ****my behaviour. You certainly wouldn't take youngish kids along to listen to that. Add in the ref and that's a big reason for stay aways.

Ban them entirely and explain exactly why in the press release.

Not sure if we can ban them entirely, but we can certainly slash their allocation. The yams restrict both of the OF to one section, no reason for us not to do likewise.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    I would rather keep them down to one section of Dunbar end and leave the other 3/4 empty just to show we didnt need their bile or money.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think today was a good example of why banning their fans completely wouldn't be the worst financial decision. I would guesstimate a couple of thousand fans just can't be bothered with the Huns songbook and bile and general ****my behaviour. You certainly wouldn't take youngish kids along to listen to that. Add in the ref and that's a big reason for stay aways.

Ban them entirely and explain exactly why in the press release.
    Looks like we`ll finish from 4th to 8th in league . If we make top 6 , we`ll probably have Hearts and Rangers at home with full away ends meaning about 80k from away fans per match . If we don`t make top 6 , home games v Ross County or Motherwell would probably mean less than 10k from away fans per game . If Aberdeen are in relegation trouble , they might bring a big support . If we don`t make top 6 hopefully we`ll do something like we did agaisnt St J a couple of years ago and get a big crowd in for end of season match .

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Not sure if we can ban them entirely, but we can certainly slash their allocation. The yams restrict both of the OF to one section, no reason for us not to do likewise.
    Think we could ban them as Celtic and The rangers don’t give one another away tickets at present.

GGTTH

Must admit I feel uncomfortable with this thread.

Proportionately I think it's fair to say Rangers fans are the worst. Maybe I'm wrong, just my opinion. With the songs they sing and volume, it's clear the majority of their away support are sectarian, bigoted and more than happy to participate in inappropriate behaviour. I don't go to Ibrox for away games these days, so I'm not best placed to judge what they are like at their place.

However, I have been disgusted and deeply saddened by an element of the Hibs support recently. The behaviour at Tynecastle will, I feel, eventually result in us getting banned from there. I also remember some disgraceful and anti social behaviour from some of our support at the League Cup final against Celtic a couple of years ago.

Because of this, it gives us no grounds to finger point at others at the moment. Even a large proportion of the despicable Rangers away support.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post

Proportionately I think it's fair to say Rangers fans are the worst. Maybe I'm wrong, just my opinion. With the songs they sing and volume, it's clear the majority of their away support are sectarian, bigoted and more than happy to participate in inappropriate behaviour. I don't go to Ibrox for away games these days, so I'm not best placed to judge what they are like at their place.

However, I have been disgusted and deeply saddened by an element of the Hibs support recently. The behaviour at Tynecastle will, I feel, eventually result in us getting banned from there. I also remember some disgraceful and anti social behaviour from some of our support at the League Cup final against Celtic a couple of years ago.

Because of this, it gives us no grounds to finger point at others at the moment. Even a large proportion of the despicable Rangers away support.
    You can always point out bad behaviour. Hibs fans don't need to be perfect for me to find Rangers fans to be utter vermin.

We won't get banned from tynecastle. Wed just ban them and no one benefits.

Big difference is Hibs deal with it.

The ridiculous stickers at Ibrox earlier in the season saw the perpetrators dealt with. We also saw statements released by the club and a full apology forthcoming. There has been at least one person banned from ER after the events at Tynecastle last week after they were identified by the police. Not only do we deal with it but the media are all over it when it happens.

Rangers fans behave with impunity and the media and their club remains silent. It's comparing apples with oranges.

Maybe pointing this sort of stuff out is exactly what is needed for the element within our support to think twice about their own behaviour?

As it stands, Hibs openly tolerate atrocious behaviour repeatedly within our own home in the interests of collecting blue pound. I can understand why some folk might think “f it” at times, whilst acknowledging fully that 2 wrongs don’t make a right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

The ridiculous stickers at Ibrox earlier in the season saw the perpetrators dealt with. We also saw statements released by the club and a full apology forthcoming. There has been at least one person banned from ER after the events at Tynecastle last week after they were identified by the police. Not only do we deal with it but the media are all over it when it happens.

Rangers fans behave with impunity and the media and their club remains silent. It's comparing apples with oranges.
    Good point PB.

But the problem we have with elements in our support is it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Take Block 7 for example. Another vape thrown from them today. I just don't get why they are getting encouragement as an organisation from Hibs. When I come across them prior to games I cross the road to avoid them.
    Last edited by Hibees1973; 10-03-2024 at 09:02 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    It’s gone too far. Genuinely 90 mins of singing songs that have absolutely nothing to do with football. It’s just so weird, don’t get it in the slightest.

Cut the allocation to 700 or whatever it is they give us. If we kick on next season then the crowds will follow and we won’t suffer financially from it.

It gives them such a boost having 3500 of them in the away end too. Make Easter Road an inhospitable place to visit as they do for us.

Self-flagellation isn't for everyone.

Good point PB.

But the problem we have with elements in our support is it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Take Block 7 for example. Another vape thrown from them today. I just don't get why they are getting encouragement as an organisation from Hibs. When I come across them prior to games I cross the road to avoid them.
    You really can't compare the two. Tonight the misbehaviour was carried out en masse from the away support. It was disgusting and back to the levels of the 1980's. Meanwhile Police Scotland focus all their attention on our fans at the bottom of the east.

The examples of bad behaviour from our own support will be dealt with. The vape thrower from the FF will have been caught on cctv and the club will deal with it. Lifetime bans have been issued to our own fans as a result of events outside the ground before the last derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

This

The Huns will never condemn their fans behaviour because bigotry is absolutely ingrained in their culture. Their club is rotten to its core.

If Hibs ever become good again I will take great pleasure in stuffing the Huns - seen Hibs gub Rangers plenty times and I prefer it to watching Hibs beat ross County

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by one day maybe... View Post
    We are at a stage where football in Scotland is haemorrhaging supporters to lower leagues.
    No we arent.

First Team Regular
    Perhaps it's unrealistic, but I feel that a joint Hearts / Hibs statement from Budge and Kendall about the Old Firm's sectarian singing would carry a lot of weight and be harder to be dismissed. If it's just us after a defeat, it comes across as sour grapes.

Don’t think I’ll bother turning up for future games against them while there is 3k+ of them signing anti-Irish catholic songs for the full game.

They will of course try to use whataboutery and ask why a bottle opener was chucked at Shankland but their crassness is deep rooted within their support and has been for as long as I can remember. The establishment media pander to them by saying it’s a majority but in reality they turn a blind eye to the full stand singing horrible things like the billy boys and a bunch of other *****.

I’m not going there to listen to that so if Hibs want to put off their own fans from going to these games then go ahead and continue to give them the longest leash possible.