hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by David90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please do share the stats you have, however presumably you will factor for the influence of the increased home / away fans during celtic / rangers games, reputational influence, and of course the fact both teams spend more on players than anyone else.

Very happy to read any coherent reasoning, however being told to shut up or worse is not one.
    I remember getting the stats on Craig Thomson a few years ago which showed he dished out a lot of cards to every team. The timing of your post could be better imho as it just upsets angry and disappointed fellow fans.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    Whatever mate.
    Post of the Millennium! Lol!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by xyz23jc View Post
    😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Some incredible posts on here tonight.

The Scottish officials are not corrupt, they’re incompetent that’s for sure, but any evidence of corruption????

Was Steven MacLean corrupt in 2016 as he gave us an innocuous foul in the final few mins, booking Andy Halliday in the process? No, he was again incompetent!

Please leave all the conspiracy theories to sevco et al we should be better than that!

Until we have any solid evidence of corruption, let’s focus on our own issues.

I’m as frustrated as anyone after the match tonight, but we’re to blame! We never threatened in the final third and got sucked into their game plan - hook line and sinker!

We can hide behind conspiracy theories, or face up to the fa ta that we weren’t good enough, got caught up in emotions and played into their hands.

I asked a Jambo supporting actuary mate of my bro about this. My question was tied to Freakonomics by the economist Levitt. He proved corruption in sumo wrestling. It’s in the book. I asked if you were to go about proving that in Scottish football how would you do it/

He said you’d look the stats around Rangers penalties against in comparison to other leagues the world and that is statistically significant.

That is enough for me it’s an anomaly and without “green tinted specs”. QED.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I sometimes think the same because they certainly are incompetent.

But for incompetence to be the root of the problem all teams would be affected equally. They're not.
    Incompetence is putting it mildly or trying to be mistakenly polite, rather than saying what it actually is, no penalties against for two years, at home? As a certain Jolly Boy John would say, ...For REAL?....

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar

The Scottish officials are not corrupt, they’re incompetent that’s for sure, but any evidence of corruption????

Was Steven MacLean corrupt in 2016 as he gave us an innocuous foul in the final few mins, booking Andy Halliday in the process? No, he was again incompetent!

Please leave all the conspiracy theories to sevco et al we should be better than that!

I’m as frustrated as anyone after the match tonight, but we’re to blame! We never threatened in the final third and got sucked into their game plan - hook line and sinker!

We can hide behind conspiracy theories, or face up to the fa ta that we weren’t good enough, got caught up in emotions and played into their hands.
    Staunch.

😂😂😂
    Defo!

Yes they do - research the home advantage phenomenon.
    So the rules of football change if you have a big home support?

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    Staunch.
    And reeks of.......

I'm no going tonanother rangers game that was the worst for a while blatant bias sick of it best part of £100 last couple.of weeks shafted by utter cretins

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    So if Mark Clattenburg or another reputable ref from another top league outside of Scotland was to assess that game what would he / she be saying? The more I think about it the more I’m leaning towards such a ln independent monitor in Scotland like Nottingham Forest are experimenting with in a England…
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Simkin911 View Post
    Personally I thought both red cards were the result of (borderline) unprofessional game management. Both players gave the referee an opportunity to make a decision.

Obita also caught out for the penalty.

As a result, we made it too easy for Rangers - leading to us losing the game rather than them winning it.
    What about the borderline foul on boyle before the pen or do we not get these

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Zombie
    Nope, actually I’m a Hibs supporter of over 40 years, yet because my opinion differs from yours, you resort to name calling.

If you consider my original post, my point becomes stronger.

Nope, actually I’m a Hibs supporter of over 40 years, yet because my opinion differs from yours, you resort to name calling.

When do refs start being incompetent in our favour?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Don't feed the troll.

😂😂

I thought long and hard about that response.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    When do refs start being incompetent in our favour?

According to his reasoning, it's when our crowds increase, ergo our own fault because our support isn't as big as Rangers'.... or something.

They are corrupt, it’s been going on for years. They can always make a case for old firm decisions as well as making a case against giving decisions the other way. The question of would it be given the other way around really sums it iup. The are corrupt. Don’t try and spoil my night anymore. 😡

My grandad, who was a hearts fan, told me the refs had always been corrupt in rangers favour.

And he was born in 1908. So i think its fair to say weve got some fairly entrenched history to overturn.

Blog Entries

……… and this is the most incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew_dundee View Post
    The issue isn't really conspiracy, it's ingrained bias and assumptions that favour certain teams more than others.

I'm not convinced we would have got the penalty Rangers got or that they would have had either of the red cards we got. That's not a conspiracy, but it is a bias.
    So is ingrained bias not corruption? I know what you’re getting at BTW.

No really sure what happened with the Obita one and not seen it back. I do know McLean didn’t see it and wasn’t giving a foul then reacted to them getting all upset.

Moriah-Welsh I thought was stupid. He lost the head the way he went in even if he didn’t properly catch him.

Penalty I’m not sure about. Thought it was poor defending but we didn’t get a foul on the halfway line for a foul on Boyle 30 seconds earlier for the exact same thing.

The speed with which the decisions are given in their favour is ridiculous.

Pissed off on two counts. Firstly with the refereeing, thought it was a joke right from the start. Secondly with us, thought we were wasteful and showed a lack of quality throughout.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar

Heres a name for you. Prick who let his club die.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar

It’s the double standards. What’s a yellow card for a Hibs player wasn’t a yellow for a Hun player this evening. I call that corruption not incompetence but each to their own.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Open your eyes.

And McLean has had nearly 8 years of "education" since he ****ed up the The Rangers Cup win in 2016, he'll never make that mistake again.

When did anyone get a penalty at Ibroke that wasn't crucial or justified, the Killie one was an attempt to throw everybody off the stench of corruption. Rotten to the core!!
    Let’s not forget that Killie pen at Ibrox made the official list of VAR errors too…incredible

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    I don't think that refs are corrupt, however I do believe they are scared of the Old Firm. Put it this way, they make a dodgy decision against any other team and they can pretty much avoid that town/city for a while till it calms down. Make a decision against one of them and there's no escape as their fans are everywhere in huge numbers. They're both so f*ing intense as well it'll be threats, home addresses posted, etc.

Also, Steven McLean has a twin brother who I bet loves his brother's career choice.

Sent from my SM-A336B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Se7enUp View Post
    Open your eyes.

And McLean has had nearly 8 years of "education" since he ****ed up the The Rangers Cup win in 2016, he'll never make that mistake again.
    Yep, must have had a wee reminder about that. Don't do it again Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    My grandad, who was a hearts fan, told me the refs had always been corrupt in rangers favour.

And he was born in 1908. So i think its fair to say weve got some fairly entrenched history to overturn.
    Scottish journalists in the 30s, 40s and 50s used the euphemism, "charisma".

EG, "Rangers' charisma won them a penalty just when they needed one", etc.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk