hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Green tinted specs…..

Some incredible posts on here tonight.

The Scottish officials are not corrupt, they’re incompetent that’s for sure, but any evidence of corruption????

Was Steven MacLean corrupt in 2016 as he gave us an innocuous foul in the final few mins, booking Andy Halliday in the process? No, he was again incompetent!

Please leave all the conspiracy theories to sevco et al we should be better than that!

Until we have any solid evidence of corruption, let’s focus on our own issues.

I’m as frustrated as anyone after the match tonight, but we’re to blame! We never threatened in the final third and got sucked into their game plan - hook line and sinker!

We can hide behind conspiracy theories, or face up to the fa ta that we weren’t good enough, got caught up in emotions and played into their hands.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    When did hibs last get a penalty at ibrox?

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Daft View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably the last time we played exciting attacking football at Ibrox

Argument of a 12 year old

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David90+2 View Post

The Scottish officials are not corrupt, they’re incompetent that’s for sure, but any evidence of corruption????

Was Steven MacLean corrupt in 2016 as he gave us an innocuous foul in the final few mins, booking Andy Halliday in the process? No, he was again incompetent!

Please leave all the conspiracy theories to sevco et al we should be better than that!

I’m as frustrated as anyone after the match tonight, but we’re to blame! We never threatened in the final third and got sucked into their game plan - hook line and sinker!

We can hide behind conspiracy theories, or face up to the fa ta that we weren’t good enough, got caught up in emotions and played into their hands.
    Was their game plan to be no better than us until being gifted a soft penalty? A penalty that we wouldn’t get at the other end.

Does a hun get the second booking that Obita did? No chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Was their game plan to be no better than us until being gifted a soft penalty? A penalty that we wouldn’t get at the other end.

This is exactly the point. We have to play by the rules. The huns, and cetlc to a large extent, don't.

Though I think we might have got the penalty, but after the handball at Aberdeen, anything is possible.

When did anyone get a penalty at Ibroke that wasn't crucial or justified, the Killie one was an attempt to throw everybody off the stench of corruption. Rotten to the core!!

Tbh I see what you’re trying to say, but the decision seems a whole lot easier to let an old firm incident stand in their favour. Had that been lundstrum rushing in like that bet your bottom McLean would have at least visited the monitor.

It’s so much easier to decide in favour of the old firm for the refs and it’s just plain ignorance to suggest otherwise.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    The stats very much suggest otherwise

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

The Scottish officials are not corrupt
    That’s the most incredible of them all.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

But you don’t know that!

At best your argument is subjective. Obita was stupid, he was caught wrong side, it was a soft penalty but VAR didn’t change as you clearly see the contact.

Same as the second yellow. Yes never booking, but incompetent not corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphys Touch View Post
    Probably the last time we played exciting attacking football at Ibrox

Argument of a 12 year old
    Naw .. you don’t get penalties for that … argument of a 10 year old …

Jamie MaClaren debut I think...

Quote Originally Posted by xyz23jc View Post
    When did anyone get a penalty at Ibroke that wasn't crucial or justified, the Killie one was an attempt to throw everybody off the stench of corruption. Rotten to the core!!
    Many can’t … or won’t, whatever their reasons are … see that.

The issue isn't really conspiracy, it's ingrained bias and assumptions that favour certain teams more than others.

I'm not convinced we would have got the penalty Rangers got or that they would have had either of the red cards we got. That's not a conspiracy, but it is a bias.

Scott Allan way back and that ozzy guy scored it

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

19 posts to be a Rangers apologist. Aye, very good.

But you don’t know that!

At best your argument is subjective. Obita was stupid, he was caught wrong side, it was a soft penalty but VAR didn’t change as you clearly see the contact.

Same as the second yellow. Yes never booking, but incompetent not corrupt.
    And your argument is subjective, but I presume you do see that … and they take no account of previous evidence, whether from months, seasons or decades past …

… and your arguments are invariably angled against Hibs … and that’s objectively observed …
    Last edited by cubehindthegoal; 10-03-2024 at 10:23 PM.

Way too many statistical outliers. Clearly corrupt.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    The stats very much suggest otherwise

Please do share the stats you have, however presumably you will factor for the influence of the increased home / away fans during celtic / rangers games, reputational influence, and of course the fact both teams spend more on players than anyone else.

Very happy to read any coherent reasoning, however being told to shut up or worse is not one.

Please do share the stats you have, however presumably you will factor for the influence of the increased home / away fans during celtic / rangers games, reputational influence, and of course the fact both teams spend more on players than anyone else.

Very happy to read any coherent reasoning, however being told to shut up or worse is not one.
    Increased home and away fans have no influence on the rules. Letting that effect a decision is a form of corruption.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Can we boot the jambo trolls pls

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974

You've just described corruption

Cheers.

First Team Breakthrough

I find it more incredible the lengths that you are going to to defend the honour of Scottish referees. Even if you were a Hibs fan and believed it, mad that you'd post quite so much about it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Increased home and away fans have no influence on the rules. Letting that effect a decision is a form of corruption.
    Yes they do - research the home advantage phenomenon.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew_dundee View Post
    The issue isn't really conspiracy, it's ingrained bias and assumptions that favour certain teams more than others.

I'm not convinced we would have got the penalty Rangers got or that they would have had either of the red cards we got. That's not a conspiracy, but it is a bias.
    That’s where I am with all the Scottish officials- however, the cognitive bias pulls you towards corruption and until we get referees trained from all over the country to top level there will always be an Old Firm bias.

The red cards for me were correct decisions today - however there were many decisions that should have led to The Rangers getting cards and similarly penalised - that’s where the bias sets in.

@hibs.net private member Simkin911's Avatar
    Personally I thought both red cards were the result of (borderline) unprofessional game management. Both players gave the referee an opportunity to make a decision.

Obita also caught out for the penalty.

As a result, we made it too easy for Rangers - leading to us losing the game rather than them winning it.

@hibs.net private member
    I don’t really know what it is but it’s really tiresome. Some of the decisions that caused ire during the game were probably correct on reflection but some of them were staggering.

It’s not about the individual decisions but the old firm are refereed completely differently to the rest of the teams generally. That was pathetic this evening.

Whatever mate.

First Team Breakthrough calamitus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: marmite machine
    It's likely that some refs are genuinely corrupt, but most are probably experiencing confirmation bias. It's the term in psychology for when you have a world view -for example, I'm from the West of Scotland, so I think The Rangers and Celtc are WAY better than all the other teams. Therefore, in a player on player contest, the old firm player is way better, so must have been in the right/control.They expect that, so that's what they see. Where it gets corrupt is when VAR can watch in slo-mo and they still show that bias.

I sometimes think the same because they certainly are incompetent.

But for incompetence to be the root of the problem all teams would be affected equally. They're not.
    Space to let