hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Time to Act

Quote Originally Posted by AngloHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll probably get shot down in flames here, but I'm not one for conspiracy theories and such like.
    If the system really is rigged in favour of the Old Firm, how have Hearts managed to beat Celtic home and away with 2 clean sheets?
    You’re on the wrong thread.
    Unless you think the ‘singing’ at a prone Boyle is a conspiracy and a product of our imaginations.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'll probably get shot down in flames here, but I'm not one for conspiracy theories and such like.
    If the system really is rigged in favour of the Old Firm, how have Hearts managed to beat Celtic home and away with 2 clean sheets?
    What system?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Apart from a ban or a reduction in numbers if that is the best we can do,then at the very least we need to be doing something about locking these fans in after a game so our fans at a HOME GAME can get away from the ground.

Make it difficult and as unpleasant as it can be for these types of (in the main)undesirable people to visit our home - yes our home.

My daughter and many others have to take a major detour to get back to her flat which would ordinarily take her just a few minutes.
    Last edited by scm70nyd1973; 11-03-2024 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scm70nyd1973 View Post
    Apart from a ban we need to be doing something about locking these fans in after a game so our fans at a HOME GAME can get away from the ground.

My daughter and many others have to take a major detour to get back to her flat which would ordinarily take her just a few minutes.
    They'd just smash up more seats. As a collective they are the weirdest, worst support in the world who would do anything to appear vile. As individuals they are inadequate cowards.

In some alternate universe if Nathan Moriah Welsh had been injured last night and Rangers fans had sung about him dying a 'black *******' what do you think the reaction would have been? My reaction is certainly different because I felt far more uncomfortable typing that than I do 'fenian *******' because the latter is so normalised.

Would there have been the usual radio silence from the club? Would fans have given it the insipid 'I don't know/care what they sing'? Would people have argued 'we can't afford to cut their allocation'? Would there have been complete media silence beyond a couple of has been pundits on Twitter mentioning it and getting shouted down by the mob?

It's a weird and totally unacceptable quirk in Scotland that anti Catholic bigotry and anti Irish xenophobia are just part and parcel of every day life. A small local campaign recently stopped an orange march taking place in Stonehaven and good on the locals. Just imagine that had been a march deemed Islamophobic or anti Semitic for a moment though. It wouldn't have been a small, local campaign. It would have been all kinds of groups and individuals nationwide screaming from the rooftops, threatening counter protests and politicians of every shade weighing in with their two pennies. These anti Catholic marches are just normalised though, they pass off every year with almost no counter protests (beyond small groups of RCs standing silently outside their churches to show they won't be intimidated). Politicians don't care and 1 or 2 even openly support them (Murdo Fraser I'm looking at you).

There are plenty people queuing up to tell you how progressive, welcoming and forward thinking Scotland is; how much better we are than England because we don't have a racism problem and we are 'aw Jaock Tamson's bairns here' and other saccharine drivel. Try telling that to Neil Lennon, Paddy McCourt, Niall McGinn, Paul McBride, Trish Godman et al. I'm sure those bullets in the post made them feel really welcome and included. The problem won't be tackled because too many people either don't accept there is a problem and even more don't care. Catholics and those of Irish descent are fair game; 'plastic paddies', 'not really Scottish' etc etc.

When it comes to football we are just a part of the societal problem. Make a totally despicable sticker about a stadium disaster and you will be all over the paper for a week, shout something racist and you'll have private detectives poring over audio footage for months trying to isolate the sound and catch you (and in both instance quite right too). Sing about someone dying a fenian *******? Aye cool, nothing to see here. It's pay to hate. Hibs will do nothing because the money matters more than any morality. There will be whataboutery, false equivalence and a whole load of other excuses trotted out by fans that dampens the initial anger then it all gets quietly forgotten about until the next time we play them and we repeat the process.

It's as pathetic as it is infuriating.
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 11-03-2024 at 06:45 AM.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    They'd just smash up more seats. As a collective they are the weirdest, worst support in the world who would do anything to appear vile. As individuals they are inadequate cowards.

But always the victim!

It would be magic if we got into the top six , last game of the season rangers at home and they are still in with a chance, pull the guarentee safety card no away fans

That would be even better.

Small number to concentrate the cameras on and embarrass them and the club in public as well as getting a few fined/banned.

And Rangers have to pay for any damage as per the agreement in place already .

Quote Originally Posted by scm70nyd1973 View Post
    That would be even better.

Small number to concentrate the cameras on and embarrass them and the club in public as well as getting a few fined/banned.

And Rangers have to pay for any damage as per the agreement in place already .
    When have cameras ever picked them out?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    In some alternate universe if Nathan Moriah Welsh had been injured last night and Rangers fans had sung about him dying a 'black *******' what do you think the reaction would have been? My reaction is certainly different because I felt far more uncomfortable typing that than I do 'fenian *******' because the latter is so normalised.

Would there have been the usual radio silence from the club? Would fans have given it the insipid 'I don't know/care what they sing'? Would people have argued 'we can't afford to cut their allocation'? Would there have been complete media silence beyond a couple of has been pundits on Twitter mentioning it and getting shouted down by the mob?

It's a weird and totally unacceptable quirk in Scotland that anti Catholic bigotry and anti Irish xenophobia are just part and parcel of every day life. A small local campaign recently stopped an orange march taking place in Stonehaven and good on the locals. Just imagine that had been a march deemed Islamophobic or anti Semitic for a moment though. It wouldn't have been a small, local campaign. It would have been all kinds of groups and individuals nationwide screaming from the rooftops, threatening counter protests and politicians of every shade weighing in with their two pennies. These anti Catholic marches are just normalised though, they pass off every year with almost no counter protests (beyond small groups of RCs standing silently outside their churches to show they won't be intimidated). Politicians don't care and 1 or 2 even openly support them (Murdo Fraser I'm looking at you).

There are plenty people queuing up to tell you how progressive, welcoming and forward thinking Scotland is; how much better we are than England because we don't have a racism problem and we are 'aw Jaock Tamson's bairns here' and other saccharine drivel. Try telling that to Neil Lennon, Paddy McCourt, Niall McGinn, Paul McBride, Trish Godman et al. I'm sure those bullets in the post made them feel really welcome and included. The problem won't be tackled because too many people either don't accept there is a problem and even more don't care. Catholics and those of Irish descent are fair game; 'plastic paddies', 'not really Scottish' etc etc.

When it comes to football we are just a part of the societal problem. Make a totally despicable sticker about a stadium disaster and you will be all over the paper for a week, shout something racist and you'll have private detectives poring over audio footage for months trying to isolate the sound and catch you (and in both instance quite right too). Sing about someone dying a fenian *******? Aye cool, nothing to see here. It's pay to hate. Hibs will do nothing because the money matters more than any morality. There will be whataboutery, false equivalence and a whole load of other excuses trotted out by fans that dampens the initial anger then it all gets quietly forgotten about until the next time we play them and we repeat the process.

Outstanding post.

Sadly, the easiest answer for most who object to it is to stay away - which is pretty much what I’ve ended up doing. Being a paying customer at a night like last night jars with my idea of the world I want my kids growing up in so I’m just not going to be part of it any more.

Hearts got the decisions against Celtic to help Rangers the other night. Convinced of that.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    You’re on the wrong thread.
    Unless you think the ‘singing’ at a prone Boyle is a conspiracy and a product of our imaginations.
    Why am I on the wrong thread? I was responding to the multiple comments about the apparent rigging of refereeing in favour of the Old Firm.
    While distasteful, I can't get too upset about nasty chants towards an injured player. I couldn't even make out the words until I read the gist on here from other Hibs fans, and I suspect that's the same for most of us. Football fans have always shouted things to noise up the opposition, and this is just another example.
    As for sectarian chanting, again, it's difficult to even make out the words without knowing what is being sung in the first place. It seems clear though, and this has been said many times in many places, that football is merely a channel for the expression of lingering sectarian sentiment in Scotland generally. The scale of it surprised me when I started attending games in Scotland, as I had never been aware of widespread sectarianism in England despite having attended hundreds of games all over the country.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    They give us 900 tickets for Ibrox, we should do the same, top right of the upper tier and that should be their lot. If they still sing their pish then next season they get nothing.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

When have cameras ever picked them out?

True - difficult when there are 3,000 of them but a bit easier when there is 250 or less.

I’m minded to offer them 100 tickets, with a full body search pre entry and kept back until 30 mins after the game 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    They give us 900 tickets for Ibrox, we should do the same, top right of the upper tier and that should be their lot. If they still sing their pish then next season they get nothing.
    If our ground is about 40% the size of theirs, we should give them 40% of that amount.

And run a high profile campaign to get Hibs fans to buy the remaining tickets that would have been sold to Rangers fans - and state loudly and proudly why we’re needing to do this, that in 21st century Scotland we won’t be inviting racists into our home any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Hearts got the decisions against Celtic to help Rangers the other night. Convinced of that.
    Really? Many pundits suggested that Celtic's penalty was actually a foul the other way.

Typo there HC - only one 0 required for their share 🤭

Couldn't agree more. Until they behave, they get things taken off them. Like naughty kids.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Wonder if it’ll be good old Hibs and more radio silence today then? Can’t be seen to upset Rangers can we.

I thought the Huns could probably sink no lower after the RG incident but last night was actually worse. Does Kensell and the rest of the pussies on the board no realise they are part of the problem by continually keeping their traps shut? Imagine going through your life allowing yourself to be bullied and abused and doing nothing, an embarrassment really.

We get absolutely **** ALL from refs when we play them anyway so not like we’ll be any worse off there if we call the refs ‘performance’ out, and we get next to no tickets at Ibrox so who cares if they pull our allocation.

As for folk greeting about losing money every time we play Rangers (and to a lesser extent Celtic) if we cut their allocation you’re putting a price on allowing sectarianism. And that’s before the boost they get of having a full, boisterous end. And btw last night was a joke, couldn’t even see the stairways in parts so quite clearly they’re still doubling up.

Grow a backbone and STAND UP FOR YOURSELVES HIBS. How many times
    Last edited by .Sean.; 11-03-2024 at 07:39 AM.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    If our ground is about 40% the size of theirs, we should give them 40% of that amount.

And run a high profile campaign to get Hibs fans to buy the remaining tickets that would have been sold to Rangers fans - and state loudly and proudly why we’re needing to do this, that in 21st century Scotland we won’t be inviting racists into our home any more.
    The other alternative, probably much less palatable, would be for Hibs fans to stay away en masse.

Make it a TV game so 3 empty stands are very visible and impossible for the commentators not to mention. Hibs would be forced to say or do something as well. Maybe get a few people to go along just to lay an anti sectarianism banner in the east right in line with the cameras.

Hibs still have the ST money and you could ask people to donate a few pound to a fund to cover the walk up shortfall so there is no financial hit. Organise events for people to watch together in the Hibs club, local pubs and such like so they all see a benefit as well.

Probably pie in the sky as you will never get enough people agreeing to make it work but it would have quite the visual impact.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Lots of suggestions about what to do which is great 😁

But we really really need to actually do something anything - just act and when I say we I mean the Club.

Ron Gordon’s family must have been horrified at the Huns’ behaviour that night - you would really have expected them to sell up and leave after that 😡

The other alternative, probably much less palatable, would be for Hibs fans to stay away en masse.

Make it a TV game so 3 empty stands are very visible and impossible for the commentators not to mention. Hibs would be forced to say or do something as well. Maybe get a few people to go along just to lay an anti sectarianism banner in the east right in line with the cameras.

Hibs still have the ST money and you could ask people to donate a few pound to a fund to cover the walk up shortfall so there is no financial hit. Organise events for people to watch together in the Hibs club, local pubs and such like so they all see a benefit as well.

Probably pie in the sky as you will never get enough people agreeing to make it work but it would have quite the visual impact.
    I've more or less made that decision myself. Last night will most likely be the last game I'll watch against either of those 2 clubs - I'm just not willing to be a part of it anymore.

Excellent post PB

Anyone in the media who does talk out about it such as Spiers and Jim Spence on the BBC find themselves out of the BBC pretty sharpish. That says all about the influence the huns have over our national media and our police and politicians who collectively have done nothing tangible about the rampant anti-Irish Catholic racism which pollutes every game The Rangers are involved in.

Hibs will do nothing about it because they will get zero support from the media, politicians, or police. They'll get zero support from Celtic either who rely on the mutual OF hatred to fill their stands.

The last Hibs Chairman to call out the Huns was Tom Hart in the 70s and even then it was to do with on-field decisions and nothing to do with their songbook or their sectarian signing policy of the time. It might take American owners to address a Scottish problem but as the Gordon ownership have so far only paid lip service to the problem I have my doubts that a Gordon / Foley ownership will do anything.
    Last edited by Brizo; 11-03-2024 at 07:53 AM.

Remember earlier in the season at Ibrox, they had a statement out (fairly) within an hour of the game about some stickers left on seats etc. I’d be astounded if we have the balls to do anything similar. Thousands of them wishing death on your player, who is on a stretcher and on oxygen at the time, is beyond bad though.

I’ve never really bought in to the whole thing about banning supports and so on and I can’t really be bothered with the whole tit for tat ***** that it’ll cause. We’d undoubtedly come out of it worse because they have so many sympathisers in the media and within the governing bodies. But it might just do something to unite our own fan base with the club. We can’t just stand back and continue to watch this now.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I've more or less made that decision myself. Last night will most likely be the last game I'll watch against either of those 2 clubs - I'm just not willing to be a part of it anymore.
    Folk were getting ripped for it on the ticket thread for the game but sadly nothing will change until the club realise the affect it’s having on our own fan base.

Many fans just don’t enjoy old firm games any more for various reasons. Not just the score lines but the general atmosphere.

The occasional game at Hampden like the 3-0 Boyle win and cup final win are obviously different but at your own stadium fans are taking for granted in these games and we are making it as comfortable as possible for them to visit. Completely giving up any home advantage and nearly feels like an away game on your door step.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Not sure about that being totally out of the question PB, it's much easier to persuade fans not to attend a game than to attend it IMO.

A collective fans statement, the involvement of Nil By Mouth (if they're still bothering) and making a *****load of noise before the game would be a great way to highlight the behaviour not only of their fans but to highlight to our board that we are no longer tolerant of it being deemed acceptable by the club.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

I've sent the following to Ben K, and am forwarding it on to Keiran Power too. The more voices the speak out about it the better.

Dear Ben,

Just over a year ago the Hibernian family lost our dearly departed chairman far too soon. The fixture with which we commemorated Ron just so happened to be against last nights opponents. We as fans had to try to pay tribute to Ron Gordon while 3,500 Rangers supporters did their absolute best to ruin what should have been as poignant a rendition of Sunshine on Leith as there has ever been.

The images of Iain and Kit standing there whilst having to listen to Rangers fans' bile is something that fills me with sadness for them, and I still cannot believe the club did nothing about it.

Last night Martin Boyle was laid out prone and was subjected to a dreadful rendition of a song implying he had died on the pitch. This sung with gusto by the visiting fans in what could be described as distasteful at best. As far as I'm aware his wife was present, his children may have even been there too.

If these incidences were one off's I could perhaps understand the stance of the club as to keep communication and actions behind closed doors. I have no doubt you've been in communication with your counterparts at Rangers and you have agreements in about damage etc. However, Rangers and Celtic fans routinely come to Easter Road and are allowed to sing the songs they both sing about famines, wars, religion and hatred without any punishment I and many of my fellow fans are sick of it.

I want their allocations both cut down to the same seats as we receive at Ibrox and Celtic Park. Take a leaf out of our neighbours book - the first and only time I'll say that - and cut them back. If the South Stand is left 3/4's empty I couldn't care less, and with the additional investment from the Black Knights Group and Bill Foley the economic argument holds less weight than ever before.

Cut them both, make Easter Road OUR home again, give them as little as possible and take a stand against hatred in Scottish football. And lets make a bit of noise about not just what we are doing, but why we are doing it.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I've sent the following to Ben K, and am forwarding it on to Keiran Power too. The more voices the speak out about it the better.

Dear Ben,

Just over a year ago the Hibernian family lost our dearly departed chairman far too soon. The fixture with which we commemorated Ron just so happened to be against last nights opponents. We as fans had to try to pay tribute to Ron Gordon while 3,500 Rangers supporters did their absolute best to ruin what should have been as poignant a rendition of Sunshine on Leith as there has ever been.

The images of Iain and Kit standing there whilst having to listen to Rangers fans' bile is something that fills me with sadness for them, and I still cannot believe the club did nothing about it.

Last night Martin Boyle was laid out prone and was subjected to a dreadful rendition of a song implying he had died on the pitch. This sung with gusto by the visiting fans in what could be described as distasteful at best. As far as I'm aware his wife was present, his children may have even been there too.

If these incidences were one off's I could perhaps understand the stance of the club as to keep communication and actions behind closed doors. I have no doubt you've been in communication with your counterparts at Rangers and you have agreements in about damage etc. However, Rangers and Celtic fans routinely come to Easter Road and are allowed to sing the songs they both sing about famines, wars, religion and hatred without any punishment I and many of my fellow fans are sick of it.

I want their allocations both cut down to the same seats as we receive at Ibrox and Celtic Park. Take a leaf out of our neighbours book - the first and only time I'll say that - and cut them back. If the South Stand is left 3/4's empty I couldn't care less, and with the additional investment from the Black Knights Group and Bill Foley the economic argument holds less weight than ever before.

Cut them both, make Easter Road OUR home again, give them as little as possible and take a stand against hatred in Scottish football. And lets make a bit of noise about not just what we are doing, but why we are doing it.
    You'll get a bog standard reply from Ben or Malcolm McPherson.

Made it clear to me they care more about the loss of income over anything else when I emailed after the RG game last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    You'll get a bog standard reply from Ben or Malcolm McPherson.

Made it clear to me they care more about the loss of income over anything else when I emailed after the RG game last year.
    Circumstances have significantly shifted since then.

I'll post the reply if I get one.

Sir Alex Ferguson

By that logic, nobody would ever beat either of them, ever.