hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the point?
    In you starting another pointless thread? you tell us.

But in reply to some of the posts, we were the architects in our own downfall last night, Obita made a stupid challenge in the box and compounded it with another stupid challenge on the diving hun after being warned by the ref minutes earlier for shoving their player off the pitch, only Obita knows what he was doing in that game. The guy had a poor game but some of the comments about him are a disgrace by so called Hibs fans, he's been one of our best players all season.
    I've never criticised Monty but he should have hooked him straight after the shoving incident, if not before.

The Boyle incident was blatant cheating by the ref and the Welsh sending off was another poor decision but the game was gone by then.
    All this conspiracy against us stuff? I'll let the likes of you bang that drum.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In you starting another pointless thread? you tell us.

But in reply to some of the posts, we were the architects in our own downfall last night, Obita made a stupid challenge in the box and compounded it with another stupid challenge on the diving hun after being warned by the ref minutes earlier for shoving their player off the pitch, only Obita knows what he was doing in that game. The guy had a poor game but some of the comments about him are a disgrace by so called Hibs fans, he's been one of our best players all season.
    I've never criticised Monty but he should have hooked him straight after the shoving incident, if not before.

The Boyle incident was blatant cheating by the ref and the Welsh sending off was another poor decision but the game was gone by then.
    All this conspiracy against us stuff? I'll let the likes of you bang that drum.
    It isn't just yesterday though.

We had the absolute joke of a penalty given to Hearts in the last derby that basically everyone that is not a Jambo (and a few of them actually) have said was never a foul.

Two penalties given to Celtic a few weeks back.

The worst of them all, the most blatant hand ball you'll ever see ignored against Aberdeen.

And now tonight we have penalty to Rangers as expected, but also followed up with two red cards for Hibs.

I used to not believe in anything other than some poor decision making from officials but they now have VAR - I have honestly no idea how incidents like the Aberdeen handball have not been picked up.

We now have technology across the game to stop these decisions, but they are getting worse. Which leads me to believe it has to be more than just bad decisions that even themselves out.

I'm not someone who indulges in conspiracy theories but all you have to do is look at how Rangers were favoured by the football authorities when they went bust to understand how much the establishment wants them to succeed.

There are plenty other scandals around the world involving big clubs and dodgy refs - Calciopoli in Italy and now Barca being investigated for bribing refs.

I don't necessarily think that's the case in Scotland, but I'm now 100% convinced with what I've seen since VAR that there is inherent bias of some kind in Scottish football officials decision making. Any opportunity to award a penalty to Rangers will be taken. Any chance to send off or even just book an opposition player will be seized upon. This has always been around but refs now have the technology to cut out these 'errors'. Yet they are not. The examples I've given above are only in the last few weeks.