hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

We're not allowed to win this game

What's the point?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Obita made sure of that. What's the point indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obita made sure of that. What's the point indeed.
    You think the second yellow was valid?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

It's why the Foley investment is only going to go so far. Hibs will never be allowed to do well and challenge these 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

I dont but his first was just plain stupid.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Cheats

If foley and the Gordon’s plan to oust the old firm anytime soon,tonight as clear an indication as you need to see what your up against. If these refs don’t want anyone challenging the order of things all the money in the world won’t do the damage.

They have no hesitancy to award decisions for them and it takes an arm a leg and tonight a neck and you still get nothing from officials.

Poor poor Leauge. Is it any wonder we have no fifa grade refs nowadays.

I think it’s been said a few times, but thank **** the 2016 cup final was pre VAR otherwise we would be at 122 years now.

I am absolutely convinced they would have found a way to disallow Stokes’s equaliser at the very least, they would have pored over each Hibs goal to find something to disallow and gift wrap them that cup.

@hibs.net private member Don Giovanni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    What's the point?
    As the title says - we knew this before a baw was kicked.

We knew they would get a penalty (an incredibly soft one as it turns out).

We knew they would get every 50 - 50 decision and benefit of the doubt that would not be afforded to us.

I wasn't surprised that we got a red card either.

But even I didn't have 2 red cards on my bingo sheet.

McLean has done his job and ensured a Sevco win.

A competitive game handed to The The Zombies by corrupt officials.

No point, games gone for good.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LunasBoots View Post
    No point, games gone for good.
    That’s it. Far more fun to be had for much less outlay at your local junior club.

No point in Hibs half heartedly calling it out once in a blue moon, the rest of Scottish Football has allowed it.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

Obita was stupid. He was on a yellow, the ref spoke to him about pushing the young Rangers winger and physio off the pitch as they were stalling to get the sub ready. The ref did not do his job in getting him off the pitch quick enough.but it was his job not Obita. He didn't get booked for it but the spotlight was on him for the next indiscretion.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    Obita was stupid. He was on a yellow, the ref spoke to him about pushing the young Rangers winger and physio off the pitch as they were stalling to get the sub ready. The ref did not do his job in getting him off the pitch quick enough.but it was his job not Obita. He didn't get booked for it but the spotlight was on him for the next indiscretion.
    So a Rangers player clamberimg over his back is his indiscretion?

I’ve been going to Easter Road for more than 30 years and for the first time starting to wonder whether it’s worth turning up for games against Rangers. VAR has been disastrous for Hibs. Decisions regularly go against us and similar incidents aren’t given at the other end. It’s blatant in a way I don’t think it ever was before.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    And so part of the problem is the quality and consistency of refereeing.

Therefore the club should consider the merits of an independent refereeing voice from a top league outside of Scotland. For me this is the only reasonable step to add any weight to arguments of potential anomalies in the application of the rules. They will understand the stresses and strains and demands in refs and what is reasonable to expect (and not).

Any claims or Bias and corruption would be dealt with in looking at the simple application of the rules.

Not followed closely enough Forests use of Clattenburg but seems like a decent approach to getting fairer crack of the whip.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

yup said the same at the game.. annoying as The Rangers tactics to slow the game down were aggravating - he just put a target on his own back and then committed a daft challenge when on that yellow plus a warning

@hibs.net private member
    I’ve said from day one that VAR officials should be independent refs from abroad. This would stop so much corruption/ biased/ amateur decisions ( you choose which is correct ) straight away.

However it will never happen.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    I’ve said from day one that VAR officials should be independent refs from abroad. This would stop so much corruption/ biased/ amateur decisions ( you choose which is correct ) straight away.

However it will never happen.

GGTTH
    Disagree, Scotland shouldn't be sending money to other nations, we will likely have referees all over Scotland who are good enough but can't get a sniff because they aren't based in Glasgow or Lanarkshire.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The Bill Foley investment was never going to go down well.

If ever there was a “know your place” then that was it tonight.

Should just make us more determined to prevail despite them.

Plenty other sports.Single player sports are the best watch now though money is currently ruining golf as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    That’s it. Far more fun to be had for much less outlay at your local junior club.

No point in Hibs half heartedly calling it out once in a blue moon, the rest of Scottish Football has allowed it.
    Look at what the previous incarnation got away with and the rest of Scottish football welcomed back this tribute act with open arms.

It only emboldened the blatant cheating even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Plenty other sports.Single player sports are the best watch now though money is currently ruining golf as well.

The money in top level sports is genuinely insane now. Few examples are Shohei Ohtani being paid $700m over 10 years as his basic wage and Ronaldo is on $46m a year at the age of 38!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Disagree, Scotland shouldn't be sending money to other nations, we will likely have referees all over Scotland who are good enough but can't get a sniff because they aren't based in Glasgow or Lanarkshire.
    Could Refs outside of Glasgow and Lanarkshire still be trusted to be impartial? You just have to look at how many buses leave cities and towns all over Scotland to see how many fans of the bigot brothers go to games.
    We’ll probably never agree on my idea and that’s fine as it’s all about opinions but I genuinely don’t trust Scottish officials to be impartial.

GGTTH

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    I think it’s been said a few times, but thank **** the 2016 cup final was pre VAR otherwise we would be at 122 years now.

I am absolutely convinced they would have found a way to disallow Stokes’s equaliser at the very least, they would have pored over each Hibs goal to find something to disallow and gift wrap them that cup.
    Same referee as tonight. I think he was severely reprimanded for the cup final outcome, going by tonight’s performance he’s having to put it right.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Could Refs outside of Glasgow and Lanarkshire still be trusted to be impartial? You just have to look at how many buses leave cities and towns all over Scotland to see how many fans of the bigot brothers go to games.
    We’ll probably never agree on my idea and that’s fine as it’s all about opinions but I genuinely don’t trust Scottish officials to be impartial.

GGTTH
    I've said many times that the refereeing empire in Scotland needs to be taken apart and rebuilt. They are being allowed to run it as their personal club so they need to be gone and replaced with people who have the national interests at heart and not just a central belt protectorate. At that point I would trust the system.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Same referee as tonight. I think he was severely reprimanded for the cup final outcome, going by tonight’s performance he’s having to put it right.
    We’ve been paying the price ever since, but knowing how much hurt it has caused just makes May 2016 even sweeter.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    I've said many times that the refereeing empire in Scotland needs to be taken apart and rebuilt. They are being allowed to run it as their personal club so they need to be gone and replaced with people who have the national interests at heart and not just a central belt protectorate. At that point I would trust the system.
    Has never given us a decision since. Tonight reminded of the game at Parkhead last season when he ludicrously sent off Youan and then gave them two joke pens one which var told him to rescind.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    At what point do we reach Tipping Point?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    At what point do we reach Tipping Point?
    A long time ago but like every other club in Scotland, Hibs have no desire to go to war with the authorities, so we'll collectively continue to be bent over and shafted.

We are a laughing stock. Mugged off once again by the officials. And Hibs will say nothing.